Hello! I'm Back!

At_Whits_End

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I just wanted to (re)introduce myself. I used to lurk here all the time, and about 10 years ago posted about 20 or so times, but that email address and account are LONG gone, so I'm starting over!

Why the absence? Long story short, it was just too difficult to see all this Disney stuff when I was in a situation where I never knew when (or even if) I would get to Disney again. There were some financial crises and life changes, but it looks like things are looking up again!

:stitch:

Anyway, I'm an English teacher in my 30's in Kentucky, and my boyfriend is in a pirate band, and between the two of us, we share four kitty furbabies. That's my life in a nutshell. Oh! And I love Disney! And I've been about 14 times now. MNSSHP is my favorite!

And while it came out of a really difficult thing for me (my grandfather's recent death - I loved that man a LOT) it turns out that my finances are looking up (like, way, WAY up.) My Pop apparently saved every penny he ever earned, and made sure to take care of all of his kids and grandkids, and I spent a huge chunk of Sunday bawling over his death AGAIN, but also because I discovered that he left me enough money to not only get me completely out of student loan/auto debt, but have enough to invest a huge chunk for my retirement one day AND.....

...drum roll please...
...purchase a DVC membership, which I have ALWAYS wanted. :sulley::tigger::mickeyjum

I am still kind of in shock, to be financially secure for the first time in years. And to be able to look forward to many years of enjoying the Mouse is just unbelievable to me. And now I can look at Disney stuff to my heart's content, without the constant sadness I always felt knowing I couldn't go for years or more.

TL;DR: I'm back, and came into enough money to buy DVC, and I am so excited!!

Congratulations!! And Welcome Back! Stuff me in a doughnut because I'm Jelly. HI - from Amber in Alabama :)

Sorry to hear about your grampa.

Congrats on your DVC purchase!

Thank you all for the welcomes! My 11-year-old niece is spending the night with me tonight, and I can't tell her anything yet (because her mother would KILL ME,) and it's going to be so difficult not to say anything about taking her with me! So thanks for letting me cheer here, because I can't do it anywhere else! :donald:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter