help a solo traveler out

luvey

Earning My Ears
i'm heading on a cruise -- non disney-- in november and i figure if i am down that way (leaving from miami) how can i not stop by disney! so i have few questions.

so my questions for you independent and adult travelers, what resort would you recommend. i was considering the swan and the dolphin -- which one or do you think another resort? for my birthday last year i stayed at the hilton in dtd. i loved the fact that i could walk to dtd for some nightlife and fun. i figured being close to the boardwalk would provide some of that accessiblity just a different kind.

what food places would you recommend to a solo diner? since it's a treat to myself i figure maybe one or two sit down places. not too expensive though.

i think the weekend i will be there is being noted at the soap weekend. how busy does the resorts close to mgm get? is it harder to find codes for that time? and when would be the best time to book it?

and for those with computer know how....i plan to have my laptop with me, so if i stay at a resort that offered wireless....what do i need to bring with me. my computer is set up for it, but i never needed to use it before. i'm not a computer wiz, i use dial up still. :jumping4:

and is there any one going during that time?

thanks ahead of time!

Hi! My vote would be for an Epcot resort. I stayed at the Swan last May and loved it. The heavenly beds are fabulous. Also there is Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk. I went to this dueling piano bar last May and had a wonderful time. I know that "piano bar" doesn't sound exciting but everyone there was fairly young and requesting songs that brought back memories!! It was great! I hope you get a chance to go and have a great time.

For sit-down food places as a solo, I'd recommend CRT (for lunch), Sci-Fi Drive-inn, and Chefs de France (be sure to get a window table). And I love staying at the Epcot DVC studios. One thing that's really nice is that the portion sizes at resturaunts are rather large, and you can take left-overs and pop them into your refrigerator. Also, sipping coffee in the morning while you sit on the balcony, BWV BW views are great for watching the action, and Boardwalk Bakery is right there for your morning donuts!

I stayed at the Swan in December for my two solo days, and I loved it. I thought that it was the perfect resort for a solo stay. It's small and very quiet, so it has a cozy, intimate feel. And I felt very safe there. And the heavenly beds are...well...heavenly. :cloud9: I loved the Swan so much for a solo trip, I'll be spending a week there solo in May!

I walked over to Jellyrolls both nights and had a fantastic time there. It's a very short, well-lit walk back to the Swan from Jellyrolls.

There are a lot of great restaurants in the Swan/Dolphin and along the Boardwalk. The only sit-down where I ate solo was ESPN, but I was very comfortable there. I'll be more adventurous in May now that I've gotten some solo experience. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter