HELP !!! car rental question?????

Mogs30

Mouseketeer
I am new at this and will be our 1st time renting a car. We are renting a van from National at the car care center on disney grounds. We are then going to be dropping off the car at the dolphin resort the same day. Only renting it for one day to go to KSC/and beach. When do we pay for the car???? when we pick car up, or drop off??? I am hoping when we pick it up. And can I pay cash for it, or do we need to use a credit card???. Any other help would be great. Also if i'm missing anything or any other helpful hints would be great. Thanks.

I haven't rented from National before, but usually when I rent a car, the company runs my credit card through at pickup, "reserving" the approximate cost, then actually does the final total at dropoff. I've never tried to pay cash, so I'm not sure how that works.

Sorry I can't be more help, anyone else have more info?

You will need a credit card to rent. You can pay cash when you return the car and they won't charge your card.

Debit cards can be difficult. I was in Long Beach a few weeks ago and the rental car place could not get the credit card used by the woman in front of me to process. The card company kept rejecting it. It turned out the card was a debit and she claimed she had rented from that same location with the card several times. The rental company (Budget) basically said they could not help her, they could not rent the car withour a credit card approval and Mastercard was not approving.

Ok, so will have credit card for back up use. I know the drop-off site will be closed when we return it, so gues the cc pay is the only option. Not a big deal I guess, only $71.05 for day to rent, so not like hundreds of dollars. Was just curious as to paying up front in cash or not. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter