Help ease my anxiety....crowds sound crazy!!!

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Hi there...with only 2 days until we depart for CA I am getting nervous about the recent reports of crowds.....I definately knew we were going to encounter crowds...heck I am a WDW veteran who has gone at Easter break, July and Aug....so I am used to crowds and extreme heat!!!

Hopefully the heat won't be as much of a factor here.

We have 5 day park hoppers and will be staying at DLH from Monday evening June 27 through Sunday morning July 3rd.....will do the EE one morning and park hop with breaks in between...any other tips? Are the crowds that bad? Or will I be used to it given my WDW experience....thanks!!!!!!!

If you have done WDW during Easter and summer, you can handling Disneyland. You have an excellent plan of attack, planning breaks and park hopping. Just take things at YOUR pace, and don't let the crowds ruin your fun.

have a great time.

With 5 days you will have lots of time to enjoy the parks. Perhaps you can start with a tour to get an overall look. I believe the 'Welcome to Disenyland" tour is fairly short and $20-25. I think it covers both parks and you get some fast passes (as opposed to going on attractions like the 50th anniversary tour). Ask Your tour guide any questions, they have great tips. Definitely use the fast pass system, and don't rush your trip. You've got lots of time to discover the magic (lucky you!)

Enjoy!
Chris

You will do fine with the crowds if you can do WDW at Easter. We have only been to WDW at off times like mid-September and had never experienced crowds like this past weekend. Most rides were between 85-25 minutes.

Go early and be prepared to wait in line to get into the park. Monday there was still a huge line to get in at 10:00 and the park had been open for 2 hours!!

Call before going over for EE. We had read everywhere that EE was on Thursday morning but when I called that morning, they said No - not until Saturday. I am so glad I called first.

It was pretty hot this past weekend. We all ended up sunburn. I gets quite chilly in the evenings and we had to change into long pants & a jacket. Something you don't do have to do in Florida!

Even with it being busy, we went on all the rides and most of our favorites 2 or 3 times. We got most of our riding done before lunch, picked up fast passes for later in the day and went back to the hotel for a few hours.

Just use fast pass alot and enjoy :love:

A lot of the crowds over the last few weeks were because of the local schools. At the end of the academic year, a lot of schools in Orange and surrounding counties take field trips to DL. All of the schools that are on an old-fashioned schedule (Sept - June) are all done by now. So it will be crowded just simply because it's summer, but it shouldn't be that bad. You should definitely be able to do everything you have on your list.

Have a great time!! :earsgirl:

Nah, we just got back and had a blast. Crowds were heavy but VERY managable. My biggest disappointment was space mountain was closed.

Here is how we got a bunch of rides in without waiting much at all....

1) Ran to Indiana jones and got fast passes, standby lines were already long
2) Rode Splash mountain, 10 minute line
3) Went on Haunted Mansion, line around 5 minutes.
4) Rode Pirates, no line
5) Grabbed fast passes to BTMR (by now, our time was ready for Indiana Jones)
6) Rode indiana jones....10 minute line in fast pass line
7) Went on the Jungle Cruise (10 minute wait)
8) Sent DH to get Fast passes to Buzz
9) Rode BTMR
10) Got in line for The Matterhorn...line was about 25 minutes.
11) Did Star Tours, 15 minute wait
12) Rode Buzz

And then it was about 1:30 and we had lunch. So, we got in all the major rides before lunch. The only rides we did not go on were Peter Pan, the line was NEVER short, even during parades and late at night, and Alice in Wonderland.

Oh, I forgot, we got in pooh right after Splash mountain with no wait that AM too.

FreshTressa said:
...we got in pooh right after Splash mountain...
Better watch where you step! :rotfl2:
(Sorry, I just couldn't resist)

We were there on over the weekend and did the opposite plan of attack, Fantasyland Attack :goodvibes:
Took the double decker bus down Main street
We ended up running onto Buzz first(kids hadn't done it at DL yet)walked right one, got FP for kids to ride with dad later.
Ran over to Peter Pan, on within 15 min,
Mr. Toad's Walked on.
Matterhorn 10 min,
Alice 10 min.
Teacups walk on
Roger Rabbit Walk on
(ISAW was a walk on but we skippped it)
Storybook Books 15 min
Fire truck back down main street

From there we could've hit Pinicchio & Snow White for walk on's and a small wait for Casey Jr. but dh called and we had to walk back to the front to meet up with him.

You'll be fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter