Help! Emerald Aisle at Tampa Airport

ttfn3

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used the Emerald Isle for National Rental Car at the Tampa Airport recently? Where do I find the Emerald Aisle? Any hints/advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Hi,
The EA at Tampa is very easy to find. Just follow the signs for rental cars/garage and you will be good to go. Tampa is not an exceptional large airport, trust me, you won't get lost. It is on the same level as baggage claim.
Here is the link to the Tampa airport. It is a very user friendly site.

http://www.tampaairport.com/

I had to exchange a car we rented in Orlando at Tampa because of mechanical problems, and the National they sent me to was a mile off site from the airport, in a building which was shared with Alamo. It had a huge selection of cars on the EA and had a shuttle bus which apparently ran to and from the airport. This was 9/30 of this year. I had a very diffcult time finding the location, because when I called, no on told me that it wasn't located at the airport--I went around the parking garage 3X before the Hertz guy told me they are not located at the airport.

Hey, thanks for the info. They must have done the merge with Alamo. Up until recently they were onsite. It is funny that they still list them being at the airport.

I got a better price for a minivan from Alamo, only by about $20, but for the convenience of being right at the airport, I booked with National. If National is truely offsite with Alamo, I'm going to switch.

Does anyone have anymore info on this?

I am using EA at TPA in March. It looks like they have moved. I am still using them instead of Alamo for the convenience of EA. Plus, Alamo has offended me in the past.

I found this thread at flyertalk.com

For those people like me who are unaware the Tampa location has been merged with Alamo and moved of the previously very convinient location across the street to an larger lot (the ex Alamo place???) on Spruce behind the post office. You pick up a shuttle bus at the far end of the baggage hall and do the rounds of all the airsides before heading outfor the lot. Seemed like it took quite a while waiting on the buses maybe they need some more. But for locals like me who found it easy and quicker sometime than taking a taxi a definate retrograde step.

We just returned a car on 11/11 to National at the Tampa airport. I too, did not realize that they were no longer in terminal, as we picked up our vehicle in Orlando. We were lucky enough to find a nice man (I believe he was with one of the competitors) to drive us to the National location. Thank heavens for him, because we would have never found it on our own. Make sure you have good directions so you don't run into the same problem. Once we arrived, the process took a few minutes, and the shuttle drove us back to the airport. But if you are not aware of this, you may panic a little like I did, but it all worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter