• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help HDDR or Luau?????

princesscrazydaughte

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Polynesian in September and have a DD 4 1/2 and DS 2 1/2. We would like to try a dinner show this time. Both kids are very active and love to dance and have a good time. They are lousy in dark and quiet atmospheres. For those of you who have been to these shows recently, please give me your opinions. We have already scheduled to do Mickey's Back yard BBQ as I figure the kids will love this. Thanks for all the help.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

HDDR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUAU (NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I am probably going to be the only one that suggests Luau. I am not a big fan of HDD :crazy2:

For kids your age, HDDR (both the show and the food are better suited for their age, IMO). Now, if it were just you and your husband, my answer might be different.......tho I really did enjoy HDDR (and my husband appreciated the unlimited beers!).

HDDR most definetly. Just got back - WONDERFUL atmosphere, great food, truly unlimited eats and drinks. Never even asked - they just kept it coming. My 4 yo grandson was picked to be in the show.::MickeyMo We had wonderful seats - right up front.

The hardest part was getting back - took quite a long time to catch the ferry back :boat: - but that was probably the ONLY drawback.

Would definetly put this on the top of my list for the next time.

Originally posted by cobbler
I am probably going to be the only one that suggests Luau. I am not a big fan of HDD :crazy2:

Nope, Cobbler... I'm with you. I'm normally a fan of the cheesiness of stuff like the HDDR, but didn't really enjoy it when we went and definitely didn't enjoy the food! I'd choose the Luau over the HDDR any day. That said, the show itself isn't that great (except for the Samoan fire dancer at the end), but the food is delicious!

We have done both HDDR and Luau. The food at the Luau was soso, the ribs, and chicken were the only thing edible. The dessert was awful. Our entire family liked HDDR so much better, our 2 DD 19 & 27 hated the Luau except for the male dancers :eek: Imagine that???:earseek:

We're in the same decision-making mode - luau or HDDR?????? We have DD7, DD6, DS3 and are staying at the poly in Sept., too. I was definitely leaning towards HDDR figuring we could do the hayride and campfire while at FW, but there's something to be said for the convenience of staying at our resort. I do think at my kids' ages, the HDDR would be more fun for them, food aside, they're pretty picky anyway.

sillysully-- we are definitely doing Mickey's Backyard BBQ over at FW and I also want to do the petting zoo, pony rides and carriage ride for a change of pace. I can't decide whether to go over there twice. It just seems that the weather would be perfect in Sept. for the Luau and oh yes, it is right there. . .but my kids love a good laugh so I can't decide. If I can't decide I may only do Mickey's BBQ which I doubt I can go wrong with---singing dancing, characters, and wide open space. . .

I do know that you can get to HDDR or Mickey's Backyard BBQ from only a short walk off the boat ride from MK, so neither of them should be too inconvenient, I don't think.

Maybe someone else knows more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter