Help!Hotel discounts and AP Power Pass

SillyOldBear

Mouseketeer
I received an AP (Power Pass w/ blackout dates) for a gift. I don't have the pass yet. It is on order. I was so happy to har that I got a pass that I made ressies right away for the HRH Jan.30-Feb.3 My friend just told me that the AP w/ the blackout dates can't be used for hotel discounts. I called the ressie line for Universal and the guy who pulled up my ressie said that I was confirmed for the AP rate. I asked him about the discount using this type of pass and he said that you just can't get the Ap hotel discount on the black out dates listed. He said I was all set because my dates didn't fall within the blackout. Does anyone know the correct answer? I don't want to get there and have them say I don't qualify:confused:

This is the written rules off Universal's website. It does state no discounts for hotels, food or merchandise. If someone gave you different info I would get it in writing for check-in.

2-Park Annual Power Pass

Benefits of Annual Power Pass:

Valid for admission for 365 days from first date of use (with the exception of the blackout dates listed below) to both Universal Studios® and Islands of Adventure
Park-to-Park Access
UNIVERSAL EXPRESS(sm) applicable - click here for complete details
Blackout dates:
Christmas 2003 December 24, 2003 - January 1, 2004
Easter/Spring Break 2004 April 4 - 17
Summer Weekends 2004 June 26 & 27

July 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, and 31

August 1, 7, and 8

Christmas 2004 December 24, 2004 - January 1, 2005

Self-Parking NOT included
NO Discounts on food, merchandise or on-site hotels
Not valid for hard ticket events such as Rock the Universe and Halloween Horror Nights®
10% savings on 1-Day 1-Park Universal Orlando tickets (up to six [6] people, must be purchased at the front gate)
When you buy your non-transferable pass online you'll receive a ticket, which can be used for admission at the front gate of either theme park. Once inside the park, proceed to the Vacation Services Center at any time (during your first visit) to have your photo taken and receive your pass.

For pass renewals, please call 1-800-564-5764. Pass upgrades must be completed inside the park at the Vacation Services

Center.

https://tickets.universalstudios.com/USRG/us_store_secure2.jsp?merchant=UO

Here's a a thought. Since you received the pass as a gift, perhaps you could make up the difference and upgrade your AP so you get all the perks of the preferred pass. If more than one of you have the passes, only one of you will need to upgrade to get the perks. This may save you $$ in the long run.

Hi

Just wondering if you were able to use your power pass to receive hotel discounts.

Thanks

Kyle

I changed my rate this morning from the Fan rate to the AP rate. I asked specifically if the power pass was ok and the lady said it was fine. I sure hope it is or they will have one unhappy camper on there hands.

Oh btw, its December 4-6 $132 RPR standard king, the fan rate was $142.

Kayla

If they won't accept it at the hotel (although the manager at the RPR has said he would) simply upgrade to the preferred pass at the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter