Help!!! I need your suggestions

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
We booked FW for 8 nights beginning on the night before Thanksgiving. At the time, there was only full hook-up sites available. Our first visit, we had a preferred site. Last time, we had a full hook-up. We were very disappointed with the 1800 loop. Our site was in the back and it was a long walk to everything. I have a bad back and bad knees, so we weren't able to enjoy the campground, as we had before. We decided to wait to form our opinion on whether or not we would be happy spending 8 nights in a full hook-up until after we had experienced both. Well now we have, and the thoughts of spending our 1, week long vacation as a whole family in a full hook-up has dampened my excitement. (I know I'm blessed to be able to go so often, so please don't judge me. It's just that our last visit was less than enjoyable. We spent more time in the RV than anywhere.) :(
Well anyway, do you think we have a chance of calling back and upgrading to preferred? We called a couple times after we returned and were told, "none available". When is the best time to call? I don't want to call every day or anything. ;) Thanks for your advice!

you might have some luck checking 7-8 days before your trip. People who cancel will do so before to get their deposit back. But, You really just have to keep checking back. We got out reservation for the 4th of July weekend on the July 1st. It is just luck that you call at the right time. As for your campsite, If you arrive at the campground early 9-10 am you have a better shot of getting your pick of sites. While they may be sold out there are many people coming and going every day so the earlier you get there the better chance of them having the option of changing sites around. If you arrive late and all sites have been assigned then they just can't move you and you are stuck with what they have left. We have stayed at FW many times and about 1/2 the time we do not take the first site they offer. Tell them when you make your reservation what you want. I.E. close to a comfort station or bus stop, away from pets or whatever. Also tell them you want early check in. They of course will not promise you anything but they do look at the comments when assigning your site. Bare in mind that when using this strategy you may have to wait an hour or two until they have a site ready but that gives you time to drive trough and check out which sites are open. You can park in the parking lot and catch bus to anywhere you want to go. We have even just gone to the pool and called the front desk from a house phone to get our site number. I think the check-in staff works hard to make you happy with your site. There is not always something they can do but they do try.

My family returned about 10 days ago from a visit to Ft. Wilderness. I would call the resort a few days before your arrival and tell them that you have some mobility concerns and that you need to be by a bus stop or comfort station. I say this because we stayed in a tent and were woken up a 5am because of a mix up in our site. There concern was that a man had asked for a site next to a comfort station and they had assigned him ours. When we checked in the wrong site number was written on our map. Everything turned out okay, we ended up moving to Sports due to the horrible abouts of rain and the fact that everything was soaked. They were very helpfull and went out of their way to make up for our inconvience. I am sorry that this is so long.

Teri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter