• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help!! Our house has been egged!

TandJ61574

Mouseketeer
Well we got egged pretty bad by teens I assume. All of our windows have to be cleaned and I have searched all over the net including google for how to clean eggs off of windows with no luck. Has this happened to anyone and if so how did you clean it?? thanks!!

I thought this kinda thing always happens on Halloween!

I actually saw a report on the news for the exact same thing, and they actually set up a video camera to try to catch the kids who were doing the egging. Well, the caught them on tape, but there's one catch, no one can identify them. I hope they do catch them.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the cleaning, but I will suggest the spy cam if it is an occuring event.

I actually thought this was only a halloween thing too..but we were egged twice in two days and they ran over our new sod and left lots of tire marks and ran into a new tree that was planted..we called the police and they have been great about patrolling the area but in the meantime we need to get the egg off. So if anyone can help me I would really appreciat it.

How awful, to feel like strangers in your own neighborhood...

I'd probably sit on the front porch and just bawl.

As for getting the egg off - from what I remember about being a teenager, your screens are history. I remember my brother had to buy new screens out of his allowance for a lady down the street that he egged. But don't take my word for it, technology has advanced quite a bit since then.

Try a "widget" (razor blade thingy) to scrape it off the window glass?

As a matter of fact Pandy hubby brought a power washer home today to wash the siding but he was told not to go near the windows cuz it will blow them out!!:eek:

I found a few things on google....one said use a solution of 50/50 water and vinegar, and the other said to rub off the egg stains with slices of lemon. Not much info out there, good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter