HELP....please give me your vote: AKL savannah or Poly. lagoon concierge

Goofy'sFriend

"Gawrsh"
I have come to the AKL savannah (deluxe.....no concierge) or Polynesian lagoon view with concierge as the final 2 resorts to choose from for our Aug. trip. Which would you choose.....and why?? I'm booking with the fairytale pkg. and the Polynesian/conc. is $500 more for the week.

P.S. We have stayed garden view at Polynesian before and loved it there. We also stayed at Wilderness Lodge.....and loved the feeling there too.

Tell us who is going and where you spend most of your park time, and it will be easier for people to offer up opinions.
We are trying to make a similar choice for our July trip, but YC Concierge is a contender as well.
Out of curiousity, why aren't you weighing AKL Concierge vs. Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge? We split our stay between those two last time and loved them both. I priced those two options for our July trip and AKL Concierge was approx. $200 less than Poly LV Concierge.

I'm wondering the same thing that onthego103 was aksing about. DW and I have stayed AKL Savannah Concierge... simply amazing. The lounge is exquisite! I like it MUCH better than the YC C-lounge... though it is very comfy, charming and staffed by wonderful people. But then again, so is the AKL. The food & Wine in AKL was superior (IMHO) to that which was served in the YC.

The screams and squeals of delight as my DW looked out of our own balcony and saw giraffs, and god only knows what other animals, were by itself worth the extra money. It was just amazing. Very memorable. Did you know that the animals sleep outside your room in little circles of "moonlight" out on the savannah? If you do stay AKL concierge you will be able to take the sunrise safari... highly recommended.

Of course the South Sea ambiance of Poly can't be beat. Our room at AKL was very beautiful peaceful and quiet. Very different from the non-stop noise of the YC. I don't remember how quiet the poly is.

Look at the bright side, no matter which choice you make, you can't lose!

Darian

Thanks:D We are a family of five.....and plan to do all parks in small doses (we have been alot and just do our favorites now). Plan to enjoy the resort and pool mostly. We will also have our car. When I called for Fairytale package, AKL concierge was not available. We can't split our stay either, because of the FT pkg. Staying 7 nights in one resort in most economical.

Definitely AKL savannah.... IMO... there's just nothing better!!!

I've done both, although the AKL I've only done as concierge.

As much as I LOVE the AKL, if I had to decide between your choices in August, the Poly would have to win. Now if you can make it AKL concierge, then that might win.

Anne

The Poly is our favorite and here's why:

We are big giant classic disney nerds who cry everytime we see the castle and love looking over the bay at it all the time.
:o
We love watching the fireworks from the lagoon.

We love the theme.

We love that it's on the monorail.

We love the pool.

We love being able to walk to the TTC.

To some, these things are not as important as they are to us, but if you are like us, do the Poly!

If Polynesian LV Concierge is really only $500 more for the week, I'd take it! Both are very nice, but the Polynesian has larger rooms, better transportation options, and free food in the concierge lounge. I'd say it is the better value in that using the FTP on a more expensive room, you are saving more money. AKL will still be there for next time!

I'm curious why you aren't considering AKL concierge as an option...

Thanks for the link kdibattista......WOW! This is such a tough decision.....if it wasn't for the FTP, we would split the stay....but with savings, we have to choose one resort. Unfortunately, the AKL wasn't available for concierge. Such a decision:rolleyes:

Well if it was Poly Concierge VS AKL Concierge - I would vote AKL.

But with the choices you have given - I would vote Poly Concierge - it just makes your trip that much more special.

Maybe waitlist the Concierge at AKL?

>>^..^<<

Ah well if AKL Concierge isn't available, I'd have to go with what other posters have said... dude - book the poly concierge.

On another thread much has been said about the move of concierge from hawaii to tahiti... you can check out a map of the resort here: http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/polymap.html

There has been some pro/con discussion but really we are very lucky the move has been made. Tahiti is about the best building in the place. (though its a question of opinion of course!)

So, this is the PERFECT time to head on down to the Poly. We'll be there in october....

Darian

Goffy'sFriend-
We too are a family of five, and just went through the same thing and here is how I came to our decision:

1. Convenience of the Poly to both MK and EPCOT

2. Larger room, we will definitely use the daybed.

3. Transportation- can't beat the monorail. Just thinking of standing outside of AKL for the bus and then the long ride to MK with a 11 mos old makes me want to cry.

4. Finally can afford to do concierge thanks to FTP- I know I can afford AKL another time.

5. Beach- my kids love it and I love watching the fireworks from there.

6. Snacks available for the kids- or at least fruit is available all day. We tend not to eat much on vacation. Breakfast can be cereal or bagel, just something to get us going. We do a big lunch and have a light snack for dinner. But we always have cookies and milk right before bedtime!

I also think I can deal with 8 days at the Poly, but at AKL by day 4 I may start to feel isolated.

Hope this helps.

:cool: Decided on Polynesian......manhattan, I think you convinced me. With my youngest.....I can have much better access to the transportation, while my DH takes the older ones to other rides, etc. Not to mention the VIEW of the castle......heavenly. I can always return to AKL....something to look forward too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter