Help? Unable to book Genie+ selections in second park

MousetersInc

Mouseketeer
I'm in Orlando right now, staying offsite, and just went to make my first Genie+ selection at 7am. I'm planning to start at AK today and park hop to MK, so I tried to get Jungle cruise. But for a time, it shows "Check availability," and when I tap in, it shows 0 of my party selected, says "Select eligible party members to continue," and next to each person says "Select a new time that is included in your Park Hopper option." I know I don't have to wait until 2pm to start stacking in my second park—I did it yesterday. What's up?

Haven't done this myself, but I think there's a 'feature' of G+ where you cannot book LL at your second park until that attraction's return times have reached 2:00 (after park hopping entry). I might be dreaming this, but that's in the back of my mind reading your post. I'm sure someone else can confirm if that's true. If it is true, keep monitoring.

Haven't done this myself, but I think there's a 'feature' of G+ where you cannot book LL at your second park until that attraction's return times have reached 2:00 (after park hopping entry). I might be dreaming this, but that's in the back of my mind reading your post. I'm sure someone else can confirm if that's true. If it is true, keep monitoring.

Yes, they changed how the Genie+ works in the second park. It used to be they'd only show you times after 2 PM, but now you have to wait until the return time is after 2. Jungle Cruise advances pretty quickly, I think, so it shouldn't take too long for it to be after 2 PM.

Yeah, I just figured it out. As we know, you can't book a return time in your second park before 2pm, so the footnote on "you can make your first res at 7am" is "but if you're stacking, you'll have to 'camp' on your preferred ride and wait for the return time to pass 2.'" Further proof of how confusing Genie+ is, especially to those who haven't used it before—I knew this, but in my craze of "Must make a reservation at 7!" I threw it away on Navi River Journey and now we'll see what's available at 11:00.

if you're using your 7am g+ selection on the park you're hopping to, there's usually a high-demand attraction with return times that quickly move past 2pm that you should be able to book.

I'm in Orlando right now, staying offsite, and just went to make my first Genie+ selection at 7am. I'm planning to start at AK today and park hop to MK, so I tried to get Jungle cruise. But for a time, it shows "Check availability," and when I tap in, it shows 0 of my party selected, says "Select eligible party members to continue," and next to each person says "Select a new time that is included in your Park Hopper option." I know I don't have to wait until 2pm to start stacking in my second park—I did it yesterday. What's up?
I thought if you were staying offsite you couldn’t make your first genie selection until you tapped into a park.

I thought if you were staying offsite you couldn’t make your first genie selection until you tapped into a park.
Absolutely not - 7AM for G+ for offsite guests. Can only make ILL offsite at park opening (onsite can do ILL at 7AM) - but you don't have to enter the park. That's how they do it at DL.

Yeah, I just figured it out. As we know, you can't book a return time in your second park before 2pm, so the footnote on "you can make your first res at 7am" is "but if you're stacking, you'll have to 'camp' on your preferred ride and wait for the return time to pass 2.'" Further proof of how confusing Genie+ is, especially to those who haven't used it before—I knew this, but in my craze of "Must make a reservation at 7!" I threw it away on Navi River Journey and now we'll see what's available at 11:00.
You can cancel Navi and grab JC now. You just need to make your first selection before park opening to get your stack going.

You can't modify a Genie+ reservation to one in another park. You can cancel it and book one in another park, but that would mean restarting the 2-hour countdown.
No, the 2 hour countdown doesn’t start until park open anyway and it’s currently 7:37 am. There is no penalty to cancelling and rebooking before park open. This is also why you don’t **actually** need to book your first attraction at 7 am on your MK days (because MK rarely books up its attractions that quickly), you just need to wake up before park open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter