Help us get from the WL to O'hana and back!

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
We need to get from the WL to O'hana at the Poly for our 8p.m. dinner ps on Dec. 12th - a MVMCP night. We also need to get back to the WL after dinner. I figure we will be heading back around 9:30p.m. or so. Can anybody suggest the fastest, easiest way? I'm not sure how late boats will be running, etc. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hopefully, Chip 'n Dale Express will step in and give you the voice of authority ;) , but I will take a stab at this....

Going to the Poly, you can probably take one of the boats that travel between the WL, FW and CR and from CR, take the monorail. That is a fun way to go and a choice DH & I have made previously. I think it is still running at that hour, but not positive.

Going back after 9:30 could be trickier. You'll need to see what is running when for that date, but in your shoes, I think I'd consider a taxi as a back-up plan. There have been a few times when taking a couple of legs to get from one resort to another was fun going, but a headache getting back. Much will depend on your energy level at the end of the day.

DH & I have not tended to rent cars when flying down, since the WDW transportation is generally very good. We just keep a little Taxi budget so we won't ruin a wonderful day by getting frustrated over slow transportation late in the evening.

HTH!

Thanks! I was figuring on taking the boat from the WL to the Contemporary and then the monorail to the Poly - as you said. Any idea how long that would take?

I was thinking that we could probably take the monorail from the Poly to the Magic Kingdom after dinner, since the party will be going on. Then we could take the boat from the MK to the WL, since I assume that it runs during the party. At least it did last year.

Does that sound good?

There is a bus that runs from WL to the TTC. From there you can either walk (7mins) or take the Monorail to The Great Ceremonial House. To get back, just reverse the process. The Polynesian is beautiful to walk through at night, so for after dinner, that's what I would do. But of course, the monorail will still be in operation, so you can still do that as well. The TTC/WL bus will run till like 2am or so.

(Note that WL/FW are the only two resorts that service the TTC via bus)

Thanks! That's another possibility that I hadn't even thought of. Since it's our first night, though, I was kind of looking forward to the boat ride. Do you think the boats will be operating?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter