• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with dining choices

ellataylor

Mouseketeer
Opinions needed please
I need to narrow down our shortlist of new restaurants to try for our coming trip….
Which 2 would you cross off?

Boma
Teppan Edo
Grand Floridian Cafe
Ohana
Toledo
Chefs De France
Crystal Palace dinner
Hollywood and Vine dinner

We are a family of 6, all adults with a 6 year old granddaughter. We shortlisted the above because we like the look of the menus so mainly looking for comments about quality of food and atmosphere.
Our favourite Disney restaurants so far have been Steakhouse 71, Morimoto Asia, and Toppolinos breakfast.

Many thanks!

I’d say Ohana and H&V. Haven’t heard many liking Ohana lately, and of all the buffets, H&V have the lowest good food reports.

All fine choices. My first thought would be to remove CP from the list, but I would keep that for the 6 year old.

For me, location and your agenda would come into play. I assume your last two choices are because you know you will be in those parks on those dinner times. I would keep Toledo if I was staying at CSR but would cut it if I was not. Same logic for Boma. But the monorail loop locations are easier to blend into a park day.

Enjoy your trip.

Ohana and Chef's de France. Bad experiences post covid (Chef's is at least 2x). Boma is our multi-generational favorite. Tappan Edo is one of our son and DIL favorites at EPCOT. They are world travelers and foodies!

Enjoy!

Opinions needed please
I need to narrow down our shortlist of new restaurants to try for our coming trip….
Which 2 would you cross off?

Boma
Teppan Edo
Grand Floridian Cafe
Ohana
Toledo
Chefs De France
Crystal Palace dinner
Hollywood and Vine dinner

We are a family of 6, all adults with a 6 year old granddaughter. We shortlisted the above because we like the look of the menus so mainly looking for comments about quality of food and atmosphere.
Our favourite Disney restaurants so far have been Steakhouse 71, Morimoto Asia, and Toppolinos breakfast.

Many thanks!
It sounds like your favorites are some of ours, too. Since you only have one kid with you, I would pay for only one character meal. Keep Boma, amazing food. Keep Grand Floridian as they have strong staples and friendly service. I am not sure what hotel you are staying at but that could feed into what to cut as well. I would replace Chefs De France with Biergarten. Their buffet is so good (as is the beer for the adults) and the entertainment is fun for all ages. This is coming from someone whose husband is German and I have lived in Germany, so we have means for comparison. Another option is the Norway princess breakfast in Epcot, which has ample character interaction as well as yummy food! The princess parade is adorable and GD is the perfect age for it!! I also have issue with using park time for character meals, so would suggest the Cape May Cafe Beach Bash breakfast. You could always show GD the character meal options for her to choose her special meal.

Many thanks for your replies! They are very helpful to read.

We are staying at the Grand Floridian if that helps. Akershus is a definite for us for GD which is why I left it off the list of possible yes or no :)

I have heard people rave about Toledo as a hidden gem. But it does seem like it could be a bit of a trek.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter