• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with MK and EPCOT this weekend

lborne

It all started with a rabbit
Hi, my name is Ladd and it has been 3 years since my last visit to Disney World. (Takes drag on cigarette). Well, the parks anyway, as we have spent many days and evenings at resorts or Disney Springs. Before, when the kids were little, we used to go all the time. But the last 3 years we've done the "park which must not be named" (forgive me please, I was weak and the kids would not stop their incessant whining and I was having Disney withdrawal symptoms).

But seriously, at US/IOA, we stayed at their resorts and got free express passes (think Fast Pass on steroids) and have gotten soft and accustomed to never waiting in lines. Now we are "off the wagon" and heading to Magic Kingdom on Saturday and EPCOT (notice how all the letters are capitalized - thank you) on Sunday. What tips can you give me for making the most of my days? Boys are 15 and 19 and will do everything from Mission Space for the thrill to IASW for nostalgia (so will DW and I). Priority to rides that are new or changed over the past 3 years - mine train and frozen. Also, we have magic bands that still are active, but have not used the fastpass+ in 3 years either. All I remember from that was looking at the MyDisneyExperience App all day or searching for a place to charge my phone - not very magical as it reminded me of being on a 8 hour layover at the airport.

All kidding aside, I would greatly appreciate your suggestions and help. My 15 year old thinks he's got is all figured out (what ride, at what time, etc.), but despite him knowing it all, I would like some input from those on this forum. TYIA.

Take advantage of rope drop and EMM in the morning if you're staying on site. Everyone has their opinions on when to use your first 3 FP+; I prefer making mine an hour or two after rope drop since lines are typically the lightest in the morning and I'm typically able to get more FP+ while in the park.

Epcot rope droppers (in our experience) head to Frozen first and MK will usually head to Space Mountain or 7DMT. Sometimes we've followed the crowd; other times, we've taken advantage of people heading to something more popular and walked on several other rides. It all depends on what's priority for your family. But I do find that the earlier you can get in the park, the better.

I'd also get a portable phone charger if possible. It was an absolute life saver on our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter