help with travel trailers/trail manor/hi-lo

blewits

Wendy
My DH and I are just now beginning the quest for some type of camping trailer that would make it livable for a family of 4 (2 small children) to stay at disney for at least a week in, not to mention various camping trips...

My question is regarding Trail Manor brand and Hi-Lo brands. I would like to have something that can be pulled behind something like a Durango or Grand Cherokee but also has a bathroom and kitchen, etc. What worries me is that they are built so light that I am afraid that after about 8 years it will be a piece of junk. Falling apart, warping, etc. Does anyone out there have advise on these types of folding travel trailers?

Thanks so much, wendy

Wendy with 2 small children you may find a lite weight trailer a better way to go. Look for a solid side unit in the 4 to 5 thousand pound range (Dry Weight). I sell campers for a living and while the trail manor and Hi Lo have a loyal following they are very hard to get repaired when they are needed. Also with 2 to 4 people you may find them both lacking for storage.

We bought our camper used a few years ago. It is a 1991 Hi Lo. It is in fantastic shape.:) We were camping at a state park last year and got to talking to the campground hosts. The had a 5th wheel. They wanted to see what the inside of our camper looked like. When they looked inside of it, they were amazed at the amount of storage we have. If you get a chance to see one, check them out!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter