Help with yet another AAA question...

RamseyTrio

DIS Veteran
Here's the deal...

DH and I are treating our moms to a vacation w/us in Sept/Oct. We are using the AAA rate to add an extra day onto our package on each end. First we'll have 2 extra rooms the first night then at the end the rest of us leave late at night, my MIL leaves early the next morning so it'll just be one room for her.

Here's my question...DH and I are both AAA holders, MIL is not. Is it possible for us to pay for her room in advance of our departure (since we're the ones paying anyway) or will she still need to have a AAA card to show when she checks out?

I need a recommendation of a very clean, mid priced hotel to stay in near Sea World. I will have my wife and 2 sons with me so pool and other activities would be needed.

I am not sure if it is AAA policy across the board, but when I booked for December through AAA, the TA just took down my AAA number. We are taking my mother, and she is not a member of AAA, but like I said, since I was the one booking and putting downt he deposit, she wanted only my AAA number. Since my mother is having her own room for the whole stay, they put her name on the room...I thought that would matter, but the TA didn't mention anything other than maybe being asked to show the AAA card upon check-in---I asked if it would be a problem since my mother doesn't have a card, and she said I booked it, and I am a member, there shouldn't be a problem.

I am going to double check though, so we don't have my mother having a surprise rate increase, but the TA seemed certain that it was fine for me, a member, to book and pay for, the AAA rate for my mother during our trip.

All room payments are due at check-in. That is the only time they'll ask to see the card (if they even ask). Unless she has extra expenses to take care of she won't even need to see anyone upon check-out if you request express check-out for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter