HELP: Wrongfully banned from VMK. Ever happen and do they reinstate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickbee

First voyage from Kingdom to Kingdom
Hi All,

I was hopeful the folks on the VMK disboards could help out with a most unfortunate situation in VMK. I wanted to share a very disappointing incident which transpired yesterday while our son was playing VMK.

Brief overview:

Our 12 yr old son has been playing VMK since day one and plays every day with excitement and great enjoyment. His favorite game is VMK and has participated in every park quest and displays his code cards like little pieces of art. He is a courteous player and ALWAYS adheres to the rules of VMK. At the end of each school day, he promptly completes his homework and chores to play VMK. DW and I often log on as well and play. If we are not logged on, we will often sit by his side while playing and “monitor” the play and conversations (one can never be too cautious)…

The BANNING:
Yesterday, a "Guest" member invited our son to a trade. During the trade the Guest member asked him to "borrow" his Inferno Magic pin. After declining the trade offer and thanking the Guest for the trade offer, our son left the room. Shortly thereafter he was banned until 2016 for the reasoning of "Scamming"! No additional explanation from VMK…

Additional INFO:
We have instructed him to NEVER accept an offer to hold/borrow any items and to never “lend” items as there is a risk a player may disappear with the item (I’ve personally witnessed this happen to players).

I’d like to understand a little bit more about the banning process and the criteria for banning? I could accept an unfortunate misunderstanding to be possible if I was not by his side during this incident as he was telling us about the situation as it unfolded.

Needless to say he is heartbroken to the point of tears for not being able to play his most beloved game as well as the accusation of "scamming". It is gut wrenching to see the hurt and confusion on your child’s face when someone accuses them of something so harsh. We hold Disney and the guest experience in a high regard. I fear this incident will sour his outlook of Disney... This may seem trivial to some if you haven’t experienced it.

He has written to the Contact Us link but I fear they will ignore his request as they have on other unrelated questions and concerns. I will be following up with VMK on this issue and request an explanation for the banning as well as a transaction log leading up to the incident.

Has anyone been wrongfully banned? If so, has VMK responded to inquiries and have they been effective to reinstate the account? Please understand, I am not playing the part of an out of touch parent assuming their child can do no wrong. In addition to banning our son, they banned the entire household as they blocked MY IP address!

Any contact information or additional information for a resolution would be greatly appreciated.

It is extremely disappointing how a child is treated. He loves VMK and has many many virtual friends…

Thank you for your help and support. I hope he is able to rejoin the VMK community shortly.

Best Regards,
Steve

Yesterday, a "Guest" member invited our son to a trade. During the trade the Guest member asked him to "borrow" his Inferno Magic pin. I am sure folks on this board know how difficult it is to acquire an Inferno Pin. His signature states "Magic pins not for trade" because he treasures them very much. We have instructed him to NEVER accept an offer to hold/borrow any items and to never “lend” items as there is a risk a player may disappear with the item (I’ve personally witnessed this happen to players). After thanking the Guest for the trade offer he left the room. Shortly thereafter he was banned until 2016 for the reasoning of "Scamming"! No additional explanation…

That's the part I don't get. What was he thanking the guest for?

I don't understand pretty much the whole thing, so ur son got banned? that is what i think happened. i am so confused on how u worded it. lol srry are u from the south bc they way u worded things makes it seem that way. i do like the way u worded it though. ok anyways back to the subject, if u already sent something to vmk i don't think u can do anything else. i'm sorry that he got banned so long but i do know that u can be renstated. keep trying. and tell ur son i am srry for his loss

Azure said:
Yesterday, a "Guest" member invited our son to a trade. During the trade the Guest member asked him to "borrow" his Inferno Magic pin. I am sure folks on this board know how difficult it is to acquire an Inferno Pin. His signature states "Magic pins not for trade" because he treasures them very much. We have instructed him to NEVER accept an offer to hold/borrow any items and to never “lend” items as there is a risk a player may disappear with the item (I’ve personally witnessed this happen to players). After thanking the Guest for the trade offer he left the room. Shortly thereafter he was banned until 2016 for the reasoning of "Scamming"! No additional explanation…

That's the part I don't get. What was he thanking the guest for?

A courteous, “Thank you, but I’m not interested” type response. A graceous way to end a conversation...

I'm confused by what you wrote. I'm assuming the gist of the trade is that the guest was upset that your son refused to allow him to borrow the inferno, he got upset, and reported your son. Is that correct. If so, your son has nothing to worry about. You as the PARENT, needs to contact vmk. Explain what happened. that you witnessed this transaction yourself. VMK will review it, and send you, the parent an e-mail either way. Explain about the trama and the tears in the contact to vmk. You will need to be more clear, than you were here.

Your original post is very well-written -- have you considered sending it verbatim to the Contact Us link?

It is courteous, informative, and presents your point of view.

You might just add a little more emphasis that you believe that the Guest likely reported your son wrongfully.

Granted, "Contact Us" responses are slow, if they ever come, but it's probably your best option.

Good luck.

hmm.... i think i get it

ok so the son went into trade and the "guest" ask if he can borrow the inferno magic, but the kid know better and he say "thanks for the offer but no". So he close the trade and left the room. While he left, the wonderful "guest" reported the son and said somewhat like he scammed him, but totally not true. of course vmk really don't do background research and hit the banned button on the son. :furious:
ok i think i best i can.

well think just send in letters to say what happen and ask them what happen. i think on the home page it says i think i am banned. that the only help i can give and i also i can pray.

I am very sorry about your son :sad2:

JeanJoe said:
Your original post is very well-written -- have you considered sending it verbatim to the Contact Us link?

You might just add a little more emphasis that you believe that the Guest likely reported your son wrongfully.

Granted, "Contact Us" responses are slow, if they ever come, but it's probably your best option.

Good luck.

I get it now. But yet VMK was wrong because how was he scamming? I think that you'll win this battle!

that kid might have said that your son stole items
because the staff banns people if they get a message like that

when somebody scamed me and i sent in a messge about it
they told me they had banned that person
he might have reported your son just to get the inferno pin.

I am really srry that is horible luck

Don't they keep track of what you say? Even in trades?
They should look into stuff before they ban people because some people lie
That is just rude if they did that

jazstar87 said:
hmm.... i think i get it

ok so the son went into trade and the "guest" ask if he can borrow the inferno magic, but the kid know better and he say "thanks for the offer but no". So he close the trade and left the room. While he left, the wonderful "guest" reported the son and said somewhat like he scammed him, but totally not true. of course vmk really don't do background research and hit the banned button on the son. :furious:
ok i think i best i can.

well think just send in letters to say what happen and ask them what happen. i think on the home page it says i think i am banned. that the only help i can give and i also i can pray.

I am very sorry about your son :sad2:

Bingo! He thanked him for the offer to trade and left.

I'll keep ou apprised of the outcome.

My advice to you, when you contact VMK:

If you have an AOL email address, please use a different email address.
If you do not have a response to the black hole, respond again, requesting that they respond immediately that they are in fact checking into the situation.

I imagine they get caught up in alot of emails that are not factual. In addition, it may take them sometime to evaluate the whole transcripts of the transaction.

Good Luck!

This has happened to a few other guests. VMK Staff tends to be very proactive about "scam" reports (along the "ban now, ask questions later" idea).

Use the "contact us" link to send the same information to staff that you posted here. If at all possible, try to indicate the time this happened to your son so VMK can check back on the logs to see what transpired. Also, if your son remembers the guest's name, try to include that as well in your message.

Above all, try to help your son be patient as it may take a little while for the Staff to investigate. Other similar bans have been overturned once VMK looked into the matter.

Alphawazup said:

I am really srry that is horible luck

Thanks! Hopefully itll work out and they will be able to reseaerch a transaction log to see it was wrongful.

Funny thing is: In his signature it states "Magic Pins not for trade". :confused3

bevgray said:
This has happened to a few other guests. VMK Staff tends to be very proactive about "scam" reports (along the "ban now, ask questions later" idea).

Use the "contact us" link to send the same information to staff that you posted here. If at all possible, try to indicate the time this happened to your son so VMK can check back on the logs to see what transpired. Also, if your son remembers the guest's name, try to include that as well in your message.

Above all, try to help your son be patient as it may take a little while for the Staff to investigate. Other similar bans have been overturned once VMK looked into the matter.

Thanks Bev for the kind words, support and great advise. We do have the time as I noted it...

I know the persons room they were in. Unfortunately the player was "Guest#####" and neither of us could remember the numbers...

I'm glad to hear VMK will have an ear to resolve a situation. I do support the No scamming policy and ask questions later as long as they are fair with their research.

We have been chatting about the situation with him and explaining there is a potential for a miscommunication and we are confident it will work out in the end...

:)

JeanJoe said:

Good luck.

Joe,

Thank you very much for your input! I'll take your advise and move forward with your recommendations.

I have received some worthwhile feed back so far an value the board members that offer the support.

Side note: We are originally from the Boston area as well and have a lot of family in the area. Two years ago we decided sun is funner than snow and here we are. We are blessed with watching the MK fireworks from our front porch every evening.

Again, many thanks!

Steve

PirateGhostShip said:
I don't understand pretty much the whole thing, so ur son got banned? that is what i think happened. i am so confused on how u worded it. lol srry are u from the south bc they way u worded things makes it seem that way. i do like the way u worded it though. ok anyways back to the subject, if u already sent something to vmk i don't think u can do anything else. i'm sorry that he got banned so long but i do know that u can be renstated. keep trying. and tell ur son i am srry for his loss

ARE you from the SOUTH!?!?!What kind of question is that????I am sorry but I really take offense to that and I think an apology is in order there to all of our Southern Members.

The op's post is very well written and I understood it completely, being written in complete sentences and spelled correctly does usually lead to an easy to read and understand post for most.

I'm confused by what you wrote. I'm assuming the gist of the trade is that the guest was upset that your son refused to allow him to borrow the inferno, he got upset, and reported your son. Is that correct. If so, your son has nothing to worry about. You as the PARENT, needs to contact vmk. Explain what happened. that you witnessed this transaction yourself. VMK will review it, and send you, the parent an e-mail either way. Explain about the trama and the tears in the contact to vmk. You will need to be more clear, than you were here..

Tink I agree I think a nice letter to VMK is in order and I would press this.

I think the kid who ask to try it on was the scammer and the wrong person has been banned here. I would also ask that that person be banned.

Let us know what happens because this is just so wrong and I am truly sorry this happened to your son.

Mal

I aggree compleatly
do you have the kids name that you think got you're son banned
because you can report him for lieing about you're son
and you might be able to get you're son back on

I was going to say the same thing. That was a near perfect post.

I am sorry this had to happen to your son. I think I was reported once for being in a room that the person didn't want me to be in, but I am still here. So I think it is about the word scam in the report. Who knows. Let us know as this developes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter