Here at Hilton head resort now .. Any questions ?

The kids ate at the Italian place in Shelter Cove whose name escapes me right now...they said it was good.

The new restaurant is named La Fontana (replacing the old Little Venice). La Fontana has an outdoor bar with TV screens and entertainment in the evenings. It recently opened and has been getting good reviews.

There is also another restaurant opening in June. It will have a Mediterranean menu, It is located just around the corner from La Fontana where Parrot Cove used to be. It is being renovated right now.

There is a nice selection of restaurants now a short walk from the resort. Kingfishers has an early bird menu, Scott's Fishmarket offers outside entertainment through the summer each evening, Bistro 17 also has evening entertainment with outside cafe seating as well as inside, La Fontana offers an Italian menu, the coming Mediterranean restaurant, San Miguel's - outside entertainment evenings, indoor and outside seating, ELAS Blue Water Grille - evening entertainment, inside/outside seating overlooking the harbor inlet directly across from the DVC resort.

Also opening this summer at the new Shelter Cove Towne Center, also within walking distance of the resort, will be Poseidon's another in the Serg group (which includes Giuseppi's, One Hot Mama's, the Lodge, Wise Guys, Black Marlin, Marley's, Skull Creek Boathouse and Frankie Bones. This will be next to the new Kroger superstore.

Many of these restaurants offer a discount for guests at the resort. Check at the Front Desk for the list and take your room key!

Enjoy! :)

Hi I was wondering if you stay at a non disney condo in the plantation can you go into the disney property to look around or eat?

Hi I was wondering if you stay at a non disney condo in the plantation can you go into the disney property to look around or eat?

You can certainly walk around the resort. Stop at the front desk and see if there are any unoccupied villas you can visit. The snack bar and the Mercantile would be delighted to serve your needs.

You will not be able to use the pool or visit the Beach House, as those are for registered guests only, but the resort would be happy for members to take a self-guided tour.

If the resort parking lots are too crowded, you can easily park in the Shelter Cove parking lots and walk over to the resort.

Enjoy! :)

Skull Creek Boathouse all for seafood. Salty Dog isn't the best food, but it's a tradition for us and has nice views. .

Totally agree. Skull Creek was our favorite place to eat and the kids cannot wait to go back. We did the Salty Dog tour last trip and we loved the view and all the activity going on while we waited for a table, but the food didn't wow us. Plus the service was slow.

We went to Wise Guys for our anniversary and already made reservations to go back again this year.

We had dinner at Scott's tonight and it was very good. We tried Kingfisher several years ago and weren't impressed, but they are still there so they can't be that bad! Pool party was tonight for Memorial Day. No Pirate Party this week. We got a flier at check-in that included a "Preferred Dining List" that listed restaurants that will give a 10% discount with your "Key to the World" card. We used it at Scott's with no problem. The list includes San Miguels, Scott's, Black Marlin, Hugo's, Old Oyster Factory, Guiseppi's, Low Country Backyard, the Jazz Corner, Frankie Bones, and NY City Pizza.

A relatively unknown restaurant has THE BEST fish 'n chips on HHI -- the Dry Dock. It's off Pope Avenue, behind the Time-Warner building, near CVS. Not much on atmosphere, but great food. Steamers at Coligny Plaza has great seafood and is a lot of fun. But be prepared for a wait; like Skull Creek Boathouse, they don't take reservations.

Hope you don't get upset with me jumping and asking a question or two here. I figured a lot of you are experts on HHI :-) I was able to book online the 2 bedroom villa for end of December this morning. I didn't recall seeing if I was able to request a specific area 'view' or which building. This was my first booking and is our first visit to HHI. My dh was able to book AKV last year for our stay back in April and I believe he was able to request a special area. Am I able to go back online and submit a request, would it be easier to call or just bag it (I'll get what I get and won't pitch a fit)? :hyper:

Thank You much

Oh and second forgot- which view or building is best that has a 2 bedroom villa?

Hope you don't get upset with me jumping and asking a question or two here. I figured a lot of you are experts on HHI :-) I was able to book online the 2 bedroom villa for end of December this morning. I didn't recall seeing if I was able to request a specific area 'view' or which building. This was my first booking and is our first visit to HHI. My dh was able to book AKV last year for our stay back in April and I believe he was able to request a special area. Am I able to go back online and submit a request, would it be easier to call or just bag it (I'll get what I get and won't pitch a fit)? :hyper: Thank You much Oh and second forgot- which view or building is best that has a 2 bedroom villa?
You won't be able to request anything until much closer to check in. It really depends on what view you want. For the marsh, I think 24, 27, 29 or 31 are the best. If you want a pool view, which will be pretty quiet in December (not so much in June) I would go for 23 or 26. The views from 25 are very obscured by the slide. The other buildings all have peaceful views. This is ours from 20.

imagejpg13_zps0d58a120.jpg

Oh and second forgot- which view or building is best that has a 2 bedroom villa?

I don't know what's "best" to you, but you can see dolphins from building 31, and when I saw the view, I thought it was best.

We were just in building 26. Awesome pool view but it can get a bit loud. Most times it wasn't too bad.

Our 2 bedroom had both the sleeper chair and sofa. I loved the sleeper chair. It is actually big enough to fit 2 people sitting so it was great for extra sitting room in the living area.

My only complaint with our 2 bedroom unit was the shower in the master bedroom. It is small and there is no where to put anything other than 2 small soap dishes. 1 regular size shampoo bottle is pretty much it on one of them. I don't know about anyone else but I need way more room. I had stuff on the floor and had to keep bending over, I felt like I was always banging an elbow or something.

Thank you all for your replies. Honestly, we're not picky about best view. We're just happy to be there. I was just wanting to know what/where for you all that have stayed there. I'm sure if I did my research and read all your comments in these thread, it will say. We'll have 4 kids and a teenager so really noise won't be a factor if we're near the pool. I was looking at last December's weather and it seemed average was around 60's with one of those days 73. Doubt this year, but you never know. Isn't 31 suppose to be the haunted one? I thought I read that somewhere. Any how. I will do my reading research here and on other HHI threads. Especially the ones that mentions food- I love food (not seafood for me though ;-) but for the family and friends )

Thanks again.

HI YA'LL! We are headed out on Saturday to the resort for a week stay in a 1 bedroom. We live near the beach (Mobile, Al) and have our own beach chairs and umbrella. Will we get to set them up at the Disney beach area? I know they have chairs & umbrellas to rent, but we figured since we have our own we would save the $ and use ours.

Thank you all for your replies. Honestly, we're not picky about best view. We're just happy to be there. I was just wanting to know what/where for you all that have stayed there. I'm sure if I did my research and read all your comments in these thread, it will say. We'll have 4 kids and a teenager so really noise won't be a factor if we're near the pool. I was looking at last December's weather and it seemed average was around 60's with one of those days 73. Doubt this year, but you never know. Isn't 31 suppose to be the haunted one? I thought I read that somewhere. Any how. I will do my reading research here and on other HHI threads. Especially the ones that mentions food- I love food (not seafood for me though ;-) but for the family and friends )

Thanks again.

Now that you mention that about being haunted, I think I read that recently too. Funny, our friends that stayed in that building never mentioned it all week-apparently nothing "spooky" happened to them. Like you, we'll be there in December (starting in late November)-we've been going the same week for 8 years and seen all kinds of weather, from ice and snow one year to pool weather (in the 80s) another year.

HI YA'LL! We are headed out on Saturday to the resort for a week stay in a 1 bedroom. We live near the beach (Mobile, Al) and have our own beach chairs and umbrella. Will we get to set them up at the Disney beach area? I know they have chairs & umbrellas to rent, but we figured since we have our own we would save the $ and use ours.

Yes you can set up your own. There is a walking path from under the beach house (through the underneath parking area) that leads out to the beach. We always bring our own chairs and umbrellas. We have a rolling cart we load up everything on and take it down so we don't have to make multiple trips.

Be mindful of the tide. High tide is usually around noon so if you get there early and set up half way to the water you will have to move- take it from someone whose been there done that. If you are on the beach and its extremely windy, go to the pool at the beach house. It will not be as windy and will be much more pleasant. Last week we had one day that was so windy we couldn't stay out by the ocean and another day at the beach that was perfect.

We are here now leaving tomorrow to head down to Port Canaveral for a cruise on the Dream.

First time in HHI and have loved it. We are in a 1-bedroom 1612. Love the decor. The family in the GV above us is really loud though.

Have had some great meals. Bullies BBQ is amazing. The best BBQ that I have ever had. Last night we went to Dye's Gullah Fixins. Wonderful meal. Both places are not much to look at but the food is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter