Wow. This wasn't an issue yesterday. Maybe too many people doing it now.
As in you need to be actively taking a bite or just having food in front of you would be enough?
It might have been an overzealous CM. I noticed him going from table to table looking if there was food, the ones he told to put masks on did not have food, some were on their phones, I'm assuming maybe mobile ordering? I have been to plenty QS where people finish eating and then stay talking or on their phones, this is the first time I saw someone actively checking table to table
In any case, just don't want that behaviour too be a surprise if it does happen to anyone, we are all learning here, even the CM.

It might have been an overzealous CM. I noticed him going from table to table looking if there was food, the ones he told to put masks on did not have food, some were on their phones, I'm assuming maybe mobile ordering? I have been to plenty QS where people finish eating and then stay talking or on their phones, this is the first time I saw someone actively checking table to table
In any case, just don't want that behaviour too be a surprise if it does happen to anyone, we are all learning here, even the CM.
Might have been an overzealous CM. We had one last month tell us that we needed to have masks on in the pool area unless we were physically swimming. I was also taking a swig of my drink when she told me to put on a mask, which I know is not the correct protocol. Have not seen any other reports of that - some CMs probably just being extra vigilant. Though I don’t disagree that it sounds like the people with no food/drinks in the eating area were taking advantage and shouldn’t have been doing that.

Might have been an overzealous CM. We had one last month tell us that we needed to have masks on in the pool area unless we were physically swimming. I was also taking a swig of my drink when she told me to put on a mask, which I know is not the correct protocol. Have not seen any other reports of that - some CMs probably just being extra vigilant. Though I don’t disagree that it sounds like the people with no food/drinks in the eating area were taking advantage and shouldn’t have been doing that.
it's a fine line the CM are walking right now and I always give them the benefit of the doubt. For sure if you are not going to eat you shouldn't use the tables and chairs but what struck me is that it was so empty and sometimes you just need a break.

Just so we have the protocol straight heading into our stay -- Disney allows guests to be maskless in the pool area (deck) as well as while in the water?

As in you need to be actively taking a bite or just having food in front of you would be enough?
Having food in front of you would certainly be enough...the only exception would be a power hungry very literal CM, in which case I wouldn't worry about it and would ask for a manager if nees be. No one should be expected to put a mask on in between bites lol.

Just so we have the protocol straight heading into our stay -- Disney allows guests to be maskless in the pool area (deck) as well as while in the water?
That has been my experience every time I was in a pool area with this one exception. You are definitely allowed to remove your face covering to drink while stationary and distanced, which is the protocol I was referencing and what I was doing when she told me I needed to put on a mask. It was just one CM that I have ever seen say anything to guests inside a pool enclosure. At the same resort multiple cms walked through and never gave sunbathing maskless guests a second look.

My take is if your leaving the pool deck you need to have on your mask ( not in the pool or inside the gate).I have stayed at pop century this week and outside the pool deck everyone is in a mask unless eating at the outdoor tables. Their have been times when people including myself leave the table without a mask and If the cast member see you they will remind you. Last week we stayed at Old Keywest and the rules where just as strict. However we stayed off property Labor Day weekend at SeaWorld Hilton Grand and they had signs posted mask need to be worn but their was no enforcement at all. For example, They have employees driving golf carts to transport guest around the resort and their would be different families on the cart getting a ride and No One had mask except the employee who was driving the cart.

Last edited:
it's a fine line the CM are walking right now and I always give them the benefit of the doubt. For sure if you are not going to eat you shouldn't use the tables and chairs but what struck me is that it was so empty and sometimes you just need a break.
They also tend to close the mask free areas early. We tried to get in the launch bay zone an hour before park close so we could snack out of the rain. It was already closed. So if you need a break the only option is a random bench or table.

They also tend to close the mask free areas early. We tried to get in the launch bay zone an hour before park close so we could snack out of the rain. It was already closed. So if you need a break the only option is a random bench or table.
And Launch Bay didn't open until 11:00 AM the day we went to it-and we were so ready for some AC!lol

I noticed this in the Disney parks. Something to be aware of if you need to use a mask free area. They may close early.

And also as I found out the hard way, having a reservation doesn't even guarantee you a seat! They have several standing-room-only tables that you might get assigned to if you get unlucky.

we were that unlucky couple. I didn’t know that could be the case and it made it feel awkward. :rotfl:

other than that we did have a good afternoon at HS on Wednesday though. We had BG 48 so we headed over from the Riviera at 1:30 by the Skyliner. Got there before 2pm and we’re called around 2:30 for our BG. We went to Smugglers afterwards and that’s when ran into the most selfish family of seven in front of us in the queue. They proceeded to enjoy their entire lunch while walking the queue. I’m talking sandwiches, chips, crackers, granola bars, cookies, candy. I was like just how much food do they have in that backpack???? We stayed two lengths from them but still why do you think this is ok? Anyways after that we rode AS, SD, TSSM, TT, And RNRC and ate at Rosie’s all within 2 hours. So productive afternoon!

I have no problem with people eating in line. In many cases with the limited access to tables now due to capacity limits there are few options.

well you are entitled to that opinion but if Disney says if I have to wear a mask while moving then everyone should. What if everyone in the line had their masks down eating, what would be the point of wearing one in the first place? There are plenty of places to sit and eat your food. I was just there.

Last edited:
We are staying at Kidani for NYE week and I'm so nervous about that small pool being packed. Are you allowed to have your mask off if your laying on a chair at the pool? Or do you have to be in it?

If you are inside the pool deck you can have your mask off. When you leave the gated area (going to the pool bar or restroom) you have to put it on. As long as you're inside the gated area you're good.

When the Kidani pool was really crowded we went over to the Jambo pool. It's soo much bigger and more spread out without the regular resort being open. The only downside of Jambo's pool is if you have kids in the 5-10 range that want a bigger slide and splash area. If it's just the adults or kids who don't need a big slide / splash area then Jambo pool was great.

we were told no mask while seated and in the pool or moving to/from the pool. If you are going to the pool bar or the bathroom then mask is needed. I’ve seen people mention the pool bar but I saw a lot of CMs stop people from heading to the bathroom without a mask which makes sense since you are heading indoors to a more confined space.

Hi everybody - I've searched this thread for the answer, but answers seem to differ. When is Epcot opening the parking lots? When is the park itself opening? And when do the rides start operating? Thanks and sorry if this has been answered clearly somewhere else!

Sorry @yulilin3, was not trying to get off topic. My point was missed above and was trying to indicate those eating in line are not breaking Disney regulations.

"You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter