Oh my reservation have not been cancelled yet. I only made 2 during the glitch.
Maybe they haven’t gotten to our dates yet 🙄. Are they going in order to soonest to latest?

I only modified mine by 15 mins and went in to MDE to view them today and they were gone. Luckily I was able to get similar times today.
When is your trip? I wonder if they are working on soonest to latest because mine have not been cancelled.

Has anyone been to MK on Sunday over the past 2 weeks? I have searched back a few pages, but didn’t see any reviews.
How crowded is it on Sunday?

I was there Sunday. It was very busy. Met friends there. They arrived for rope drop and got so much done the first hour. My family arrived in the afternoon. It was very crowded by the time we got there. Most waits were around 50 minutes until it started raining. Then it was very short lines.

MK this morning for the holiday cavalcades, didn't really venture into the park as I was there just to live stream the cavalcades on my yt channel. A nice, constant stream of people entering, although MS wasn't super packed other than under the tree, it was busy, the cavalcades were amazing, also for anyone here now or coming soon, the Muppets are making random appearances in Liberty Square, no dialogue at all, just them popping up, tinkering with some christmas lights and popping back down. Going back this evening to live stream the projections on the castle at 6pm

I watched some YouTube videos of the cavalcades today and was curious if they all followed within a few minutes of one another, kind of like a stretched out parade? The person who posted looked like they were in the same spot at the same time of day for each video. Or were they more spread out throughout the day and had nothing to do with occurring near each other?

Also, I saw a video of characters waving from a balcony - I think it was the train station maybe? It was Mickey, Minnie, and it looked like maybe Wendy and Gepetto and some others. Does this only happen once per day when the park opens or does it happen periodically throughout the day? I also saw a second video of princesses dressed in their holiday outfits waving from a balcony and wasn't sure if this was the same time and place? We are taking our youngest for her first trip and she is 6, so I'm trying to take note of all of the opportunities to see characters since we can't do meet and greets.

DAK was great this morning. The least crowded I’ve seen it in some time. I arrived at the parking booths at 7:05am and they started letting in about 5 minutes later. I was at FOP by 7:30am...

FOP-walk-on. I was off by 7:50am and the wait was still only 25 minutes by that time.
Navi River Journey-walk-on. I was off by 8:05.
I headed over to the Kilimanjaro Safari next-walk-on. I was off before 8:45am.
I went to Expedition Everest next-walk-on every time but once. That was a 5 minute wait. I ended up riding 6 times in less than 55 minutes.
Then Dinosaur-walk-on.

It was probably the first time I have ever been able to do this much with everything being a walk-on. Obviously getting there very early and staying ahead of the crowds really helped, even with riding EE 6 times. So I basically got in 10 rides from 7:30-10:05am and then headed out. By 10am the lines were getting a little longer but still not bad especially when comparing it to any day at DHS.

Just got back from a 7 night stay at CBR. It was wonderful!

A few of my recommendations for food (we had 6 adults and a 3 year old) :

We went to breakfast at the GF Cafe. Never been before but got reservations at 7:40 to hopefully skip the parking lot mess at MK. The breakfast was AMAZING. Everyone in my party loved it. Great food, great service, beautiful setting while also feeling comfortable. Great food. Cheap by Disney standards. It was great. 5 minutes after leaving the restaurant, we were on a monorail.

Cinderella's Royal Table: Been there before and was never impressed with the food. The salmon was amazing! In fact all the entrees were great! My dad is a fish snob and he was blown away by the fish.

Hollywood & Vine: Yuck. Still not great food at all except the desserts were wonderful. But, we legit got to see Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto about 8 times in an hour. Mickey we saw about 3 times.

Whispering Canyon: YUM! We'd never been there before but the pork skillet was delish and getting to sample any other food we want was amazing. Bottomless milkshakes and tons of drink specials not on the online menu was also a bonus!

Beaches and Cream, Chefs de France, and Le Cellier were still awesome.

I'll post a longer summary later but I know there are some who are having to redo dining!

I was there Sunday. It was very busy. Met friends there. They arrived for rope drop and got so much done the first hour. My family arrived in the afternoon. It was very crowded by the time we got there. Most waits were around 50 minutes until it started raining. Then it was very short lines.
Ugh doesn’t sound good. Oh well have a mid weekday at MK and hope it’s less crowded.

I watched some YouTube videos of the cavalcades today and was curious if they all followed within a few minutes of one another, kind of like a stretched out parade? The person who posted looked like they were in the same spot at the same time of day for each video. Or were they more spread out throughout the day and had nothing to do with occurring near each other?

Also, I saw a video of characters waving from a balcony - I think it was the train station maybe? It was Mickey, Minnie, and it looked like maybe Wendy and Gepetto and some others. Does this only happen once per day when the park opens or does it happen periodically throughout the day? I also saw a second video of princesses dressed in their holiday outfits waving from a balcony and wasn't sure if this was the same time and place? We are taking our youngest for her first trip and she is 6, so I'm trying to take note of all of the opportunities to see characters since we can't do meet and greets.
The cavalcades come through about 10 minutes in between. The characters on the train station come out first thing in ther morning and then through out the day, same for the princesses. There's ni schedule for any of them. They do so before sundown

MK this morning for the holiday cavalcades, didn't really venture into the park as I was there just to live stream the cavalcades on my yt channel. A nice, constant stream of people entering, although MS wasn't super packed other than under the tree, it was busy, the cavalcades were amazing, also for anyone here now or coming soon, the Muppets are making random appearances in Liberty Square, no dialogue at all, just them popping up, tinkering with some christmas lights and popping back down. Going back this evening to live stream the projections on the castle at 6pm
OMG, so amazing. I hope they keep them forever! We watched all of them today and some two or three times.

Saw muppets too. Sam and Fozzie were playing with jingle bells when we happened upon them. A few people started a chant that spread through the crowd of "we want the frog" and "Kermit" and that wish was granted :)

Struggling to replace dining I lost during the glitch (lots or modifications meant it was all cancelled)- I notice when I change my party size more times open up.. Like for example were a party of 2 and when I change it to 6 there’s more times- what happens if you show up with only two? Or can you modify it back to two after you make it? Grasping at straws haha.

Some random thoughts from MK today -
Definitely agree with all the advice to start early in the day, hands down the best time. We're at CSR and went to the bus stop full knowing at 7:15 was way early. Several people arrived within 10 minutes of us. But bus came at 7:45 and we were on the first one. We were in the park and up at Peter Pan by 8:15 (that ride started 8:30).

At MK mask compliance excellent, but there are those who will try to skate the rules. A CM by the castle walked up to a couple at least twice as they were trying to figure out how to get a castle pic without a mask. CM was firm about it. But you could just tell they were going to try again once she walked away. The woman started in on the "I'm drinking" charade. CM wasn't having it.

I did hear at least one outdoor "no eating or drinking in line" announcement - that was at 7DMT.

Crowds compared to pre-COVID are low, but not August's low crowds. I saw upthread about expectations if you haven't been around crowds. Definitely agree there too. Disney handles it well but MK is definitely not a ghost town. We did several rides by 11 a.m. and then DD had enough and renewed her DAS. Our DAS wait times averaged 40-60 minutes all afternoon (she cant ride many headliners), so these were Pirates, Jungle Cruise, HM, and Splash. Pooh and Small World was a 30 minute return time.

There is still plenty of room (IMO) to spread out even when in crowds. We walked out the castle as the projections were going on and it almost looked like old times in from of the castle. But once we got down there, it was not too bad.

Calvades there was not necessarily social distancing and in some places not at all. We were OK with that since room to move and they are so short anyway.

(Apologies for fragmented sentences, hard to type when not on my laptop :))

Anyone been to Ragland road lately.. I know there is still entertainment there but would I miss anything if going at 745p vs an earlier time like 6:15? My friend informed me that Dancers come out several times but I didn’t know if any one time was different.. we have never been and not sure if it’s worth leaving park early especially if I can push it til later and not miss anything. TIA

Observations about Caribbean Beach Resort: The playground for the kids opened mid-week. YAY! The big pool was great and there was plenty of room in the pool and seating during 3 different trips at different times. CM working at the Marketplace were awesome. The place is so big, you could walk for minutes or hang out in a hammock for 5-10 minutes without seeing anyone. Everyone had their masks unless WAY away from 6 feet away from everyone else on walking paths. It felt amazing to sit out on the beach and just watch the water and the sky liner. We had 3 rooms right beside each other (yay) and were basically put at a corner of the building so nobody ever passed by us. There always seemed to be opened seating outside at the Marketplace to eat. Also the pool bar was wonderful.

Wait times at the Parks:
Epcot (on Saturday): Soarin was listed as a 40 minute wait. Took about 35 but they cleaned the ride right before we got on. Had that not happened, much closer to 25. Living with the Land, Nemo, Spaceship Earth were all listed as 15 and were walk ons. Frozen Ever After listed at a 60 minute wait. Really took about 40 but it was the last day before closing for a week. There were virtually no waits for any booths at Food and Wine.

Magic Kingdom (Sunday): Got on monorail at 8:35. In the parks at 8:45. The characters being at the train station was beautiful and such a great way to start off the day. Christmas decorations were up and it was just magical. No photographers were out yet. Space Mtn was walk on. Did rider swap twice (everyone rode 2 times) before 9. The toddler and non-riders did Buzz Lightyear (twice) and the Astro-Orbiter. Did teacups walk on. Haunted Mansion listed as 30, was about 15. POTC listed as 30, was about 20. Big Thunder rider swap but line was listed as 40, done in 20. Toddler saw all 3 cavalcades in an hour outside Pecos Bill area and in between Country Bear Jamboree shows. Aladdin was walk on the whole day. Left park about 1:30. Came back to park about 5. Headed to Peter Pan and Small World. Both listed as 20 minutes. PP was 20 due to cleaning, SW was about 10. Then ate dinner at CRT. Spent tons of time looking at decorations.

HS (Monday): Left in car about 8:45. Was in parking lot at 9:10. Line from skyliner was INSANE. In line for Slinky Dog by 9:30. 60 minute listed. Got RofR and 2 minutes later on the ride (so about 35 minute wait). Toy Story Mania listed as 30. Probably 20. Did Swirling Saucier about 3 times in a row (toddler loved it). Had 28 boarding group, so got on about 11:15 but did rider swap. We just looked around GE while we waited. Toddler and some adults headed back on the skyliner. Rest of adults rode R&R and Tower of Terror. Both lines listed as 45 and that was accurate. Everyone returned to HS for dinner. After dinner, toddler rode SS about 12 times in a row with various adults. Got on Millennium Falcon (rider switch). Ride listed as 30 minute wait. Closer to 20. Saw all the calvacades multiple times.

AK (Tuesday): Park opened at 9. We were in the park about 8:40. Parking was AWFUL. Only time that we drove where it was clear far too few people directing traffic (2) and long wait to get parked (15-20 minutes). Headed straight to Safari. Walk on. Immediately got on Expedition Everest line but immediately it broke down and line shut down. Rode dumbo dinosaurs about 10 times with toddler, walk on. 4 adults headed to Flight of Passage. 60 minutes listed. Was off the ride in 40. Rest headed to Kali River Rapids. 30 minutes listed. There was a "break down" for about 5 minutes but line still took only about 20. Kali was later a walk on when listed at 20. EE reopened. Walk on and rider switch (awesome) but we got lucky due to timing issues. Did both walking treks and social distancing was followed. Left park by 1:30 even with eating lunch and shopping. Boats with characters going the whole time!

Epcot (Wednesday): Some adults arrived about 3 and road Soarin twice as walk on, was listed as 20 minutes. Living with the Land, walk on, listed as 15. Test Track listed as 40, closer to 25. After dinner 6:30-8) Mexico Ride was walk on and they let my toddler just stay on the ride with the adults after dinner. Spaceship Earth and Nemo were also walk on. Both days at Epcot we didn't get there til mid-afternoon but none of us saw any calvacades.

Magic Kingdom (Thursday): Arrived at parking lot at 8:00. Didn't seem to open parking lot until about 8:10. Was in the park by 8:30. Immediately got in line for Mine Train. 45 minutes listed. Was on the ride at 9. Dumbo, Barnstormer, Ariel were all walk-ons but had 10-15 minutes listed for all. Tea Cups were walk on as well. Carousel took about 10 minutes. BUT BOY that was always a long line. Was consistently a 30 minute line both days there and it really was 30 minutes. Philharmagic was walk on. Splash Mtn was listed as 20 nearly all day. We all rode twice with rider swap. Line was 20 minutes. Jungle Cruise listed as 30, took about 25. Rode tea cups, racecars, Ariel again and all walk ons. Left by 1:00. Also saw all 3 calvacades and the Pooh train car just as we were walking.

Struggling to replace dining I lost during the glitch (lots or modifications meant it was all cancelled)- I notice when I change my party size more times open up.. Like for example were a party of 2 and when I change it to 6 there’s more times- what happens if you show up with only two? Or can you modify it back to two after you make it? Grasping at straws haha.
You can reserve a bigger party and then just show up with two and it is fine. It is a smart solution!

DAK was great this morning. The least crowded I’ve seen it in some time. I arrived at the parking booths at 7:05am and they started letting in about 5 minutes later. I was at FOP by 7:30am...

FOP-walk-on. I was off by 7:50am and the wait was still only 25 minutes by that time.
Navi River Journey-walk-on. I was off by 8:05.
I headed over to the Kilimanjaro Safari next-walk-on. I was off before 8:45am.
I went to Expedition Everest next-walk-on every time but once. That was a 5 minute wait. I ended up riding 6 times in less than 55 minutes.
Then Dinosaur-walk-on.

It was probably the first time I have ever been able to do this much with everything being a walk-on. Obviously getting there very early and staying ahead of the crowds really helped, even with riding EE 6 times. So I basically got in 10 rides from 7:30-10:05am and then headed out. By 10am the lines were getting a little longer but still not bad especially when comparing it to any day at DHS.
Wow so with an 8:00 am park opening, rides start operating earlier like 7:30??!! We are planning to go to AK tomorrow and I definitely wanted to be there for 8:00, but now I see that we should try for earlier! Although I have college kids with me and so damn hard getting their butts up in the morning 🤣

Wanted to comment on our visit to HS yesterday. Wow lines were VERY long. Waited about 70 minutes for Falcon, but the longest was for TOT. It had been down for most of the day and I noticed it back up around 2:30. We waited over 90 minutes for that. Seemed like forever with most of the line being outside and looping back towards Fantasmic. Rockin took about 60 minutes. We pretty much walked on Toy Story Mania. Didn’t ride the Slinky one or the Mickey railway. Waits just too long. Did have a BG for Rise though and that was very exciting. My 24 yr old son is a huge Star Wars fan and it exceeded his expectations!!! Absolutely loved it!!

Wow so with an 8:00 am park opening, rides start operating earlier like 7:30??!! We are planning to go to AK tomorrow and I definitely wanted to be there for 8:00, but now I see that we should try for earlier! Although I have college kids with me and so damn hard getting their butts up in the morning 🤣
They are old enough to get there on their own - leave their butts behind. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter