Except there have now been several reports on this thread of poor mask compliance & a lack of enforcement. That is definitely a change from the way things were just a few mos ago. I think it’s leaning towards a more unofficial lax policy even if that’s not the case on paper. Personally, I like to see this since DS is 3. We have no problem adhering to the policy, but DS is not always compliant so it’s much less stressful for us.

As I mentioned earlier. I go to the parks regularly and I’ve seen some days of poor mask compliance and other days where it’s been good. It really does vary from day to day.

As I mentioned earlier. I go to the parks regularly and I’ve seen some days of poor mask compliance and other days where it’s been good. It really does vary from day to day.
But do you think that’s a change? We went in July, oct, & Jan & there were no days that I saw poor mask compliance or that I heard about it. I feel like things were much stricter & consistent.

We go in two weeks and so excited but very nervous. It looks like they might strip a few of the precautions I was counting on still being there when we go. It seems like Disney has maintained a successful reopening and I don't doubt that everything they do is carefully considered. I know kids are low risk but it's still circulating in schools near me so I assume that's happening around the country. I really hope the measures that they keep for our trip are enough. We love our happy place!!!

Has anyone been there recently? What can I expect? Thanks :)

Reading posts about how lines for rides are starting really far from the actual ride (like the post about FOP line starting by FOTLK), is it difficult to find where these lines begin? Is there a lot of signage around to help folks navigate? I haven't been since Dec 2019 so just trying to prepare for this new touring strategy.

But do you think that’s a change? We went in July, oct, & Jan & there were no days that I saw poor mask compliance or that I heard about it. I feel like things were much stricter & consistent.

I think attitudes in general changed from last July to now. People were so happy to get out, have their jobs back and were more willing to comply. But even in July, Oct and Jan I saw some with masks below their nose, and some eating while walking.

There were definitely more cm with signs then than there are now. More yellow shirt cm than now.

Park announcements about masks are still very regular.

There is definitely more plexiglass now than in July.

Reading posts about how lines for rides are starting really far from the actual ride (like the post about FOP line starting by FOTLK), is it difficult to find where these lines begin? Is there a lot of signage around to help folks navigate? I haven't been since Dec 2019 so just trying to prepare for this new touring strategy.

At the end of the line you’ll find a cm holding a sign. Other than that, there is nothing communicated.

We go in two weeks and so excited but very nervous. It looks like they might strip a few of the precautions I was counting on still being there when we go. It seems like Disney has maintained a successful reopening and I don't doubt that everything they do is carefully considered. I know kids are low risk but it's still circulating in schools near me so I assume that's happening around the country. I really hope the measures that they keep for our trip are enough. We love our happy place!!!

Has anyone been there recently? What can I expect? Thanks :)

I merged your thread with the Here Now, Just Back thread. You’ll find your answers here!! 🙂

Reactions: wx1
I heard they were stricter for mask compliance at table service restaurants--how is that now? Are folks really keeping them on while waiting for food?

Last edited:
In the morning, Guests tend to go straight for the attraction, not realizing the line starts far from the ride. Consequently, I have seen Cast Members directing Guests to the back of lines.

Later in the day as these lines become physically shorter, it becomes easier to find the end of the line.

In both scenarios, there's a Cast Member holding up a sign indicating the start of the line, if the line extends past the attraction's entrance.

We went this past October and last week and the trips were definitely different. In October most people wore masks properly, stood on the 6’ markers in line, didn’t crowd up on you waiting for food pick up, more common courtesy. If someone had forgotten to pull their mask up they were asked to do so almost immediately. Last week was a different scenario. As expected, there were more people there but there also seemed to be more people not caring anymore for lack of a better way to say it, more people just doing what they wanted to do. I understand cm’s must be exhausted from constantly reminding people of the same thing over and over but there were also some who were busier with their own private conversations than paying attention to what people around them were doing. The mask announcement still played regularly but there were quite a few people eating and drinking while walking, wearing masks on the chin, older kids not masked unless/until they were asked to do so. The lines were long for the social distancing markers and most moved quickly, but there seemed to be more people who got into line where they wanted to and not at the end of the line and nobody there to tell them to keep walking to the cm holding the sign at the end of the line. We saw this repeatedly, not directly in front of us but close enough for us to see it. However, the lines are long and they snake around and through buildings, walkways, etc. so it probably makes it easy to do. We had great trips both times, but there was definitely a difference in general attitudes/atmosphere from October to last week. Perhaps we noticed it more because we had more time in lines.

We went this past October and last week and the trips were definitely different. In October most people wore masks properly, stood on the 6’ markers in line, didn’t crowd up on you waiting for food pick up, more common courtesy. If someone had forgotten to pull their mask up they were asked to do so almost immediately. Last week was a different scenario. As expected, there were more people there but there also seemed to be more people not caring anymore for lack of a better way to say it, more people just doing what they wanted to do. I understand cm’s must be exhausted from constantly reminding people of the same thing over and over but there were also some who were busier with their own private conversations than paying attention to what people around them were doing. The mask announcement still played regularly but there were quite a few people eating and drinking while walking, wearing masks on the chin, older kids not masked unless/until they were asked to do so. The lines were long for the social distancing markers and most moved quickly, but there seemed to be more people who got into line where they wanted to and not at the end of the line and nobody there to tell them to keep walking to the cm holding the sign at the end of the line. We saw this repeatedly, not directly in front of us but close enough for us to see it. However, the lines are long and they snake around and through buildings, walkways, etc. so it probably makes it easy to do. We had great trips both times, but there was definitely a difference in general attitudes/atmosphere from October to last week. Perhaps we noticed it more because we had more time in lines.
Definitely agree-things are markedly different here now from our trips in September 2020 and January 2021-mainly in Social Distancing-Mask compliance is still "fairly" good.

Because so many here now have been Vaccinated,there is not the same "tenseness" in the air as it was in September and January.

It is what it is.

For anyone not Vaccinated and/or strongly wanting to stay in as a safe of an environment as possible,I really think you would not be comfortable here at this time.

Has anyone read the reviews on Trip Advisor lately? For some reason my husband pulled it up. Pages of horrible reviews from this month alone-mainly about how rigid the cast members are about mask wearing (lots of scolding and yelling via megaphones), but also about pricing, bad service, and capacity seeming much higher than 35% but still so many things closed or limited. Doesn’t sound fun. We are going in October so hopefully it will improve. Just curious if anyone has thoughts...we are regulars but our last visit was pre-covid.
The complaint about mask wearing.
I mean, you go there knowing there is a mask wearing policy. CM won’t yell at anyone who wears the masks properly. So whoever gets upset about the mask wearing policy, the finger should NOT be pointing at the CM.

At the end of the line you’ll find a cm holding a sign. Other than that, there is nothing communicated.
Wasn’t there a “map” posted in this thread awhile back? Like somebody made a map then drew on it where the lines are snaked so you can get a better idea? Does anyone know what I’m talking about or maybe it was a different thread.....

I heard they were stricter for mask compliance at table service restaurants--how is that now? Are folks really keeping them on while waiting for food?
I didn’t see any of that last Tuesday. People kept them off until they were ready to leave. I took mine off once my drink came.

I was there from 4/21-4/29. It was the first time eating indoors in over a year. We ate at table service every day usually twice. Not one cast member asked us to keep our masks on while at the table.

Before the trip one of my biggest concerns was eating inside but I was pretty comfortable and impressed with the distancing inside the restaurants. I was worried that they would start adding reservations as vaccination rates go up.

Wasn’t there a “map” posted in this thread awhile back? Like somebody made a map then drew on it where the lines are snaked so you can get a better idea? Does anyone know what I’m talking about or maybe it was a different thread.....

I don’t recall a map, but if you’re wanting FOP, markers start on the right side as you enter Pandora. The left side is for Navi. If you follow the markers on the right, you’ll eventually find the end of the line and a CM with the sign, which can be almost to Africa. I’ll also add that in December, the line started near the Pandora bridge.

Last edited:

If there is, @Robo would know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter