When we were there two weeks ago and they were starting the dismantle, there were no walls up. Not sure what the plans are for that area, but that whole carnival area needs to be re-themed.
I agree. I will say I've never understood the theming of that area. Even the 'pay to play' games (which I understand some like) just feel so un-Disney to me. That's the kind of stuff I find at our local fair, not Disney.

Okay so the Primeval Whirl photos disturb me, especially for my teenage son who LOVES the ride. Please please tell me that those photos are taken through a wall/partition/covering/SOMETHING and that you can't just see it destroyed all over dinoland.......
Agreed. It's a sad day when Disney makes no attempt to hide a demolition. That NEVER would have happened in years past...they always did such a great job masking anything that was under refurb.

Care to share a link to it? Possibly I would appreciate the area more if I understood the back story.
I don’t have a link to a more complete explanation, but IIRC it’s intended to be a throwback to the 1950s roadside tourist attractions (or tourist traps, as my dad would call them). A few carnival rides and games, a gift shop, just something to pull people off the road for a bit. That’s why the walkway has a stripe down the middle - it’s supposed to be a road.

When we were there two weeks ago and they were starting the dismantle, there were no walls up. Not sure what the plans are for that area, but that whole carnival area needs to be re-themed.
When I was staying at Shades of Green WDW in June, I went over to see if the walking path between Poly and GF was open yet. They had walls up and signs explicitly stating no video or photos allowed. You could peek through if you tried, but Disney wasn't openly doing it, they were trying to hide it and that was just a path. Weird they wouldn't wall up the Dino area. I agree, a retheme is desperately needed here.
Agreed. It's a sad day when Disney makes no attempt to hide a demolition. That NEVER would have happened in years past...they always did such a great job masking anything that was under refurb.

Sad they aren't attempting to cover construction inside of the parks :(

On the plus side, I am looking forward to seeing what goes up in the ride's place!

Edited for clarification :)

Last edited:
Yesterday, we got to the bus at 7:00 for an 8:30 early entry at Epcot and waited 30 minutes for a bus. We had heard busses were running 90 minutes early- and they did for magic kingdom but not Epcot. We then were held at the tapstiles for another 20 minutes, then walked to test track and held another 10-15 minutes, only to find out test track was down. Disappointing morning but we did get to ride soarin’ as a walk on after all of that. Crowds looked thick but lines stayed reasonable or low and food booths were only 4-5 people in line max.

Ok, I’ve been looking back through a bunch of posts to try to find the answer to this question because I’m sure someone has posted about it, but there’s a lot to read lol. How long is the wait for Rise during early entry? I’m staying offsite in December and I wonder if it’s even worth it to try to be at the front of the stampede of offsite people to try and get there for normal opening. Also I’m thinking FOP is an acceptable thing to do first since someone said it was pretty much a walk-on during EE. I just want to do those ones as much as possible because they’re amazing and so I want to do them first, but if doing them first is going to be a longer wait time than they will be later in the day and/or it’s gonna cause me to miss doing multiple rides during that time it’s not worth it

Okay so the Primeval Whirl photos disturb me, especially for my teenage son who LOVES the ride. Please please tell me that those photos are taken through a wall/partition/covering/SOMETHING and that you can't just see it destroyed all over dinoland.......
They have a fabric wall up, but you can easily see through it. The sharper photo was taken through a hole.BBCEA053-CC9C-4092-91E7-0B9751121DDA.jpeg

Sorry to see it go. It was a people eater and a fun little ride, They'll probably put something there that you have to pay for.

Yesterday, we got to the bus at 7:00 for an 8:30 early entry at Epcot and waited 30 minutes for a bus. We had heard busses were running 90 minutes early- and they did for magic kingdom but not Epcot. We then were held at the tapstiles for another 20 minutes, then walked to test track and held another 10-15 minutes, only to find out test track was down. Disappointing morning but we did get to ride soarin’ as a walk on after all of that. Crowds looked thick but lines stayed reasonable or low and food booths were only 4-5 people in line max.
Thanks for sharing your experience. We will be there on Wednesday 10/20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter