HS is listed as a 1 today. I’m not there but have a friend who is. She’s a seasoned traveler and says it’s very busy. Slinky is posted at almost a 2 hour wait and TP has it at an 80 minute wait. Even Star Tours, which I’ve done as a walk on on every trip I’ve taken since last July, is posted 40 minutes by TP. I suppose this could still be considered part of the extended holiday.
Are the Crowd Levels based on people going through the gates or the wait times? I'm guessing it's based on entries and with many things in the parks that were crowd magnets (like Indiana Jones) are not open so the people mulling around or in a select number of lines make it seem crowded. Any thoughts? Or is this way off?

Are the Crowd Levels based on people going through the gates or the wait times? I'm guessing it's based on entries and with many things in the parks that were crowd magnets (like Indiana Jones) are not open so the people mulling around or in a select number of lines make it seem crowded. Any thoughts? Or is this way off?
TP bases their crowd level on wait times only. Which is why some days around 10/1 were rated as a 1 even though it was insanely crowded.

A few reflections from my recent trip besides the live updates I shared:

Bus service was great. I don’t think we ever waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. We took a few rides on the Skyliner - once midday just for fun and leaving HS after our after-the-park-closed reservation at Oga's. It's nice. But the line to get on at the end of the night after Harmonious seemed really long. I don't have a sense of how quickly it moved but if I was going back to CBR or AoA after Harmonious I would probably stroll out of the park and grab a drink somewhere on the Boardwalk rather than wait in that line!

Early entry worked great for us. We always felt one step ahead of the crowds.

We didn't have any issues with rides being down but did notice Slinky Dog and Runaway Railway were both down for a while the day we were in HS.

We tried a few new to us places which we liked: Nomad Lounge, Enchanted Rose, Baseline, and Oga's. We had very few ADRs on this trip (really just Oga's) so we mostly just arrived as places were opening. This worked well.

The parks were crowded but the Yacht Club was not full. There was hardly anyone on our floor and the pool was never crowded. I think there were a lot of locals in the parks this weekend.

I kinda wasn’t missing FP. Between a combination of early entry and smart touring (zigging when folks are zagging, avoiding regular meal times) we accomplished everything we wanted even though it was pretty crowded. The park I could most see springing for G+ and/or LL$ would be Studios. There just was no way for us to avoid having to wait in the two long lines (Slinky Dog and Runaway Railway) we ended up waiting in. But because there was not much going on with LL (just DAS and VIP tours, etc.) the standby lines were always moving which "feels" better. And if you aren't an early riser then it could definitely help you out. We didn't get to take advantage of the evening extra hours because of the dates we were there but I could see that being a huge perk for deluxe guests that don't want to wake up early.

Last edited:
What is the merch situation like? Easy to get stuff? Or hopping from park to park, shop to shop? I had a heck of a time in December 2019 (second week) trying to get any Christmas merch because they could hardly keep it stocked at that point. We're going to same time next year and I'm worried about both Christmas merch and 50th merch. SO much of it online for resale and so many things I want, and I hope they are still stocking 14 months from now :/
2022 is too far away to even speculate on Imho. We don’t even know what Xmas 2021 will look like.

When I went two weeks ago if I saw something I wanted I grabbed it right away. 50th stuff especially, people were taking stuff as the CMs were stocking the shelves at Emporium in the late morning. It was ridiculous.

Last edited:
Touring plans has dropped almost all of the rest of October to 1s. Can anyone there now confirm that we're talking about real 1s? Days that were listed as 5s and 6s in the last week of October are now all 1s.

I'm semi excited but also a bit concerned that Disney will understaff even more.

Just leaving HS. Like our EPCOT day yesterday, it is not a 1. Been coming this week for years and busiest we have ever seen it. Feels crowded and the lines are actually that long. TOT was an hour, rope dropped ROTR, and although we got in park at 7:30 or so, we didn’t get off the ride until 9. MFSR was then about 45 minutes. Slinky line was all the way to the Mickey and Minnie Railroad, posted as 120 minutes.

maybe it’s the long holiday weekend, but except a quite Blizzard Beach on Sunday, EPCOT on Monday and HS today are more like a 5/6. I think if you look at Touring Plans actual crowds the next day, the predicted 1’s will be 3’s to 6’s. I hope I’m wrong as we have 3 more days!

A few reflections from my recent trip besides the live updates I shared:

Bus service was great. I don’t think we ever waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. We took a few rides on the Skyliner - once midday just for fun and leaving HS after our after-the-park-closed reservation at Oga's. It's nice. But the line to get on at the end of the night after Harmonious seemed really long. I don't have a sense of how quickly it moved but if I was going back to CBR or AoA after Harmonious I would probably stroll out of the park and grab a drink somewhere on the Boardwalk rather than wait in that line!

Early entry worked great for us. We always felt one step ahead of the crowds.

We didn't have any issues with rides being down but did notice Slinky Dog and Runaway Railway were both down for a while the day we were in HS.

We tried a few new to us places which we liked: Nomad Lounge, Enchanted Rose, Baseline, and Oga's. We had very few ADRs on this trip (really just Oga's) so we mostly just arrived as places were opening. This worked well.

The parks were crowded but the Yacht Club was not full. There was hardly anyone on our floor and the pool was never crowded. I think there were a local of locals in the parks this weekend.

I kinda wasn’t missing FP. Between a combination of early entry and smart touring (zigging when folks are zagging, avoiding regular meal times) we accomplished everything we wanted even though it was pretty crowded. The park I could most see springing for G+ and/or LL$ would be Studios. There just was no way for us to avoid having to wait in the two long lines (Slinky Dog and Runaway Railway) we ended up waiting in. But because there was not much going on with LL (just DAS and VIP tours, etc.) the standby lines were always moving which "feels" better. And if you aren't an early riser then it could definitely help you out. We didn't get to take advantage of the evening extra hours because of the dates we were there but I could see that being a huge perk for deluxe guests that don't want to wake up early.
Just a reference point in regards to the Skyliner after Harmonious. When we got in line it snaked all through the queue and back over the bridge towards the Boardwalk area. We were on a skyliner in about 15 minutes. It moved very fast.

Was at WDW 10/4-10/7 staying at Beach Club. Was upgraded from a woods/garden view to a water view. Had a great room near the quiet pool but it was right next to a main path so I had little privacy and a tiny patio that I never used.
Lunch at Beaches and Cream, which was great. I think most of the Epcot crowd Monday was in France or around World Showcase for Food and Wine. I was one of the few people in the upstairs aquarium area of Living Seas and that's fine, I just wanted to check it out.

Tuesday, Magic Kingdom crowds were crazy (10/5). Throngs of people waiting outside of the various lands and everyone wanting to get their ticket scanned (by a CM with that handheld device they have) and being told if you're not a resort guest, you have to wait until the park officially opens at 9. Was able to wedge through the waiting crowd to be admitted into Tomorrowland to get on Buzz Lightyear and the Peoplemover before 9a. Nearly walked on BTMRR but I was in an ECV so that doesn't count. Splash was down in the morning but came up around 10-ish? Rope dropped Pecos Bill and was amazed the number of people wanting lunch at 10:30am (I skipped breakfast). They did have mobile order and also one cashier. Caught the cavalcade twice. Had a churro. Didn't want to wait 55 minutes for Jungle Cruise. Do not even get me started on the zoo inside the Emporium. Good gravy there were so many people. I only wanted the foaming hand soap! Then went to Main Street Cinema for Vault Disney merch and that was almost a zoo as well. Bought several things but wasn't sure where the line was to check out because people were standing everywhere. Caught the Dapper Dan's on my way out, which was lovely. Came back to the resort to drop off everything I bought, took a nap, then went to Poly to visit with a friend. Cut through Epcot so I could take the monorail instead of multiples busses. Happened upon the Jammitors, so I watched them until they were done. Watched the MK fireworks from the Poly DVC smoking area.

Wednesday, Hollywood Studios was also a madhouse. Got there at 8:30 and found the 2 lines for resort guests to get in early. Booked it to Tower of Terror. Was in line for Runaway Railway just before 9a. Went over to Midway Mania afterwards where the wait was already 30 minutes. Was finished with everything I wanted to do by 10a and while trying to figure out how to exit to the smoking area, there were still throngs of people waiting to get in the park. Came back in, went to Muppets 3-D which was showing a sneak peak of Muppets Haunted Mansion in the pre-show. Thought the line for Muppets 3-D was crazy long until it dawned on me that they were using the extended queue for Rise. Then over to Star Wars Launch Bay which is just a museum right now. Then waited for my ADR at Brown Derby and had a fantastic (albeit expensive) lunch. Left the park after lunch, took a nap, then went to Epcot for a few hours. Didn't even step foot in Galaxy's Edge, and that's fine. Went to Epcot for the evening where I proceeded to buy booze in the Germany pavilion. Bought dinner at Fife and Drum and had a great spot staked out to view Harmonious between Italy and American Adventure until I realized I was 1h45m early. Told myself there is no way I'm going to be able to sit in this one spot for that long, so I left to go back to the resort.

Thursday I came home. Yay, laundry: the other vacation souvenir.

So yeah, Early entry was great but hectic since some day guests didn't understand why some people were allowed in but others were not. Hollywood Studios had two lines marked for resort guest early entry. Magic Kingdom allowed everyone into Main Street but had the various lands roped off. Dunno about Epcot or Animal Kingdom. Extended evening hours, there were CMs posted outside of the pavilions scanning people's bands to allow deluxe resort guests in and turning away everyone else. The rat ride wasn't open during extended evening hours (boo!), and neither was Imagination. Felt uppity saying "yes, I'm staying at the Beach Club!" outside of The Land but I really wanted to ride Soarin', so lemme in! My ECV nearly died every night but that's a story for another thread.

Did I cover everything?

Edited (again) to mention that I did Kidcot one night as well. Out of 11 pavilions, 2 were closed (UK and Germany) and 1 didn't have cards out (China) so I was able to get 8 of the 11. I did it through the Play Disney Parks app because it gives you digital rewards as well as picking up the physical cards and stickers. Had a doozy of a time trying to scan those darn puzzle pieces though!

Last edited:
I’ve read back a bit, but for anyone who has been recently… it seems parking lots are opening about an hour before EE, but is that for everyone then you find the resort guest lines open for actual early entry? Since we are taking a car we would prefer to drive to the park, but has anyone missed out on EE time because they drove and lots weren’t open? Thanks for any advice!

I’ve read back a bit, but for anyone who has been recently… it seems parking lots are opening about an hour before EE, but is that for everyone then you find the resort guest lines open for actual early entry? Since we are taking a car we would prefer to drive to the park, but has anyone missed out on EE time because they drove and lots weren’t open? Thanks for any advice!
The MK parking lot was definitely open with plenty of time. We got to the parking lot gates by about 7:45, and they had definitely already been letting people park for a little while. We were in MK and waiting by Tomorrowland by about 8:15 and walked right onto Space Mountain.

I really need to understand how to get my family to Disney studios at 7am on Friday for 9am opening (830 EMH). Everything I read says buses start an early before but I’m hearing reports that people are being let in to the park at 7am

A summary of all known Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) information including parking, park entrance, etc. can be found in the Everything Early Theme Park Entry thread. We're trying to consolidate answers to the questions that are being asked.

If people have experienced ETPE and has information which can be used to update post 1 of that thread, your experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Just leaving HS. Like our EPCOT day yesterday, it is not a 1. Been coming this week for years and busiest we have ever seen it. Feels crowded and the lines are actually that long. TOT was an hour, rope dropped ROTR, and although we got in park at 7:30 or so, we didn’t get off the ride until 9. MFSR was then about 45 minutes. Slinky line was all the way to the Mickey and Minnie Railroad, posted as 120 minutes.

maybe it’s the long holiday weekend, but except a quite Blizzard Beach on Sunday, EPCOT on Monday and HS today are more like a 5/6. I think if you look at Touring Plans actual crowds the next day, the predicted 1’s will be 3’s to 6’s. I hope I’m wrong as we have 3 more days!
You said you got into HS at 7:30am? What was the scheduled opening time? Were you staying onsite. We will be at HS next Thursday. We are staying at the Dolphin so we can take advantage of the early entry but wondering if early entry starts at 8:30 what time we should get there by. ROTR is first on my list. I may splurge for Genie+ too.

You said you got into HS at 7:30am? What was the scheduled opening time? Were you staying onsite. We will be at HS next Thursday. We are staying at the Dolphin so we can take advantage of the early entry but wondering if early entry starts at 8:30 what time we should get there by. ROTR is first on my list. I may splurge for Genie+ too.
All of these questions are answered in the thread linked above. We'd like to keep this thread to guests sharing their experiences (including Early Theme Park Entry) but discussion and questions all in one location is beneficial to all. With Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) being so new, we're trying to create a spot for one stop shopping.

We have been here since Saturday 10/9. I got very excited when touring plans dropped all crowds to a level 1 for our entire trip. I can tell you that crowds have actually been a level 5. Touring plans has confirmed this as well the morning after each day. Looks like a lot of people have extended their long holiday weekend into a week away. EMH are a lifesaver! I think a lot of folks avoided time around the 1st.

We are still having a blast, but just set your expectations that crowd level1s are not happening. Plan your day with long waits in mind. Of course Genie is coming out of his bottle just after we leave.

Just got back from a 4 day trip. Went to all parks except AK. Parks were very crowded. Lines very long. Restaurants also crowded. Noticed many people asking for a table only to be told no availability. Stores also packed. Especially World of Disney and Emporium...what a mad house. Everyone trying to get 50th Anniversary merchandise.

Can anyone report on how mobile ordering at quick service restaurants is going? Those reports of people having to wait 2 hrs to get their food on the first day of the 50th anniversary worried me. I'm wondering if these delays have continued, particularly when it's crowded.

Can anyone report on how mobile ordering at quick service restaurants is going? Those reports of people having to wait 2 hrs to get their food on the first day of the 50th anniversary worried me. I'm wondering if these delays have continued, particularly when it's crowded.
So funny story-we only used mobile order at quick service ONCE and it was Columbia Harbour House. They actually said we had to use it. Other places we could walk right in and they had an area or lane for you to order. It honestly depends on the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter