We started Day 1 of 11 in Disney Springs and an ADR at Boma. Springs was clean and pretty with I’d have to say low crowds. We’re staying at Dolphin - and things went smooth with checkin - room was ready early so we went to relax. Writing this from Boma where the food is excellent as always but the restaurant is probably only 1/3 full at 6pm. I’ve never seen this. I guess it’s good for me since I was able to get like 8 pieces of beef without any lines. But I can’t help but be surprised at the lack of diners. Before, this place was packed. Can’t help but think it’s very underutilized. They can’t be making more profit off this even with higher prices.
Glad your first day is going well! I can’t help but think the lack of dining plan is still affecting TS restaurants. When we had the DP we would do 7 or 8 TS restaurants. This next one will be 2 in 10 days.

Possibly things will be busier in Jan when the DP is back?

Has your recent experience matched the increased crowds you stated in the last comment or has it lightened up any?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but today we experienced nightmare level crowds. We got to the MK a little before 9:30am and the lines to get in were insane. It took us almost 30 minutes to get into the park AFTER security. I know MK tends to be bad on Mondays, but I have never seen it like this. The walkways were very congested and wait times weren't great. We hopped to DHS in the afternoon and when we got there Tower of Terror was showing a 210 minute wait time. It didn't help that rides were down all over the place, and I'm sure that inflated some waits. When we got to the park, RnRC, MMRR and Star Tours were all down. We had purchased ILL for Tron and never got to ride it because it went down in the early afternoon and took hours to come back up. Space was down at the same time. Not a great last full day, but because we take those crazy 11 day trips, it was kind of a gravy day anyway. Still better than being at home, which we will be tomorrow night.

Who/why do people spend > 10 days at WDW????

one could do Rome/Paris/London in that time
...because we want to?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but today we experienced nightmare level crowds. We got to the MK a little before 9:30am and the lines to get in were insane. It took us almost 30 minutes to get into the park AFTER security. I know MK tends to be bad on Mondays, but I have never seen it like this. The walkways were very congested and wait times weren't great. We hopped to DHS in the afternoon and when we got there Tower of Terror was showing a 210 minute wait time. It didn't help that rides were down all over the place, and I'm sure that inflated some waits. When we got to the park, RnRC, MMRR and Star Tours were all down. We had purchased ILL for Tron and never got to ride it because it went down in the early afternoon and took hours to come back up. Space was down at the same time. Not a great last full day, but because we take those crazy 11 day trips, it was kind of a gravy day anyway. Still better than being at home, which we will be tomorrow night.

...because we want to?
Thanks for clarifying so succinctly!

We arrived yesterday. Not in time to do the parks, but did go to 'Ohana. It was noticeably more crowded than May. Not crazy crowded, just that all tables were full and turning over.

The heat is definitely more bearable after dark (duh lol) and we will focus our park time around that.

Headed to Barbie at DS this morning!
20230724_203412.jpg

...because we want to?

My kids have been watching wait times on and off since we are going pretty soon and my oldest was watching today and was like "what is happening? where did all these people come from!?"

I have done 11 days at YC CL and 14 days in Italy so we have done both and loved both vacations! Both places are very special. And if you think about it real carefully, if you’re at Epcot you can do Rome/Paris/London in one day!

Some people have a lot of vacation and like to have a more leisurely trip and don't want to spend all day in the parks (especially in the summer heat/humidity). By spending 10 days or more you can fit a lot more in. Also, if you have young children WDW is a great place to vacation. I know my kids would not have enjoyed Rome/Paris/London when they were young.

We used to spend 2 weeks in August. It was nice to get up early, go to the parks in the morning, then spend the afternoons (or the rest of the day) relaxing and hanging out at the pool. Some days we'd go back in the evening, others we wouldn't. Some days we'd sleep in, enjoy the pool, and then go to the parks at night. With two weeks I didn't feel like I needed a vacation from my vacation when we got home.

How long is the school break there? (curious when this spike may end...)
Between six and eight weeks. The earliest schools break up early July, most are closer to now and most go back first week of September or thereabouts.

DD was steady at lunch time, but not crowded. The orange lot's first floor had tons of parking still when we left. Raglan Road was maybe half full.

I know it's more of an evening place, but getting there at opening and leaving after lunch was perfect.

The AMC is a nice theater. Barbie rocked :)

DD was steady at lunch time, but not crowded. The orange lot's first floor had tons of parking still when we left. Raglan Road was maybe half full.

I know it's more of an evening place, but getting there at opening and leaving after lunch was perfect.

The AMC is a nice theater. Barbie rocked :)
Had to think What DD meant but the other clues gave it away. Guess I have successfully moved on, but it took a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter