I’m sure but we are rope drop people and aren’t there that late :)
In the Early Entry era we've had a lot of success rope dropping Tomorrowland for Space and Buzz (sometimes Astro Orbiter if we feel like it) before heading over to Adventureland for "second" rope drop at park open. Jungle Cruise is nearly always a walk on if you can be at or near the front of the small group waiting at Adventureland.

I will be doing early theme park entry at DHS this June for the first time in years. Has anyone done this recently using the bus from All Star Sports? I am wondering when the first bus shows up and whether it ever goes to another All Star before going to DHS. Also, is there anything to know about where to line up for tap-in and where to go once inside the park in order to reach RotR most efficiently? The last time I did this was when people lined up at a literal rope and sprinted to Space Mountain, so I am out of touch. :confused:

I will be doing early theme park entry at DHS this June for the first time in years. Has anyone done this recently using the bus from All Star Sports? I am wondering when the first bus shows up and whether it ever goes to another All Star before going to DHS. Also, is there anything to know about where to line up for tap-in and where to go once inside the park in order to reach RotR most efficiently? The last time I did this was when people lined up at a literal rope and sprinted to Space Mountain, so I am out of touch. :confused:
Be at the bus stop close to 90 mins before early entry starts. DHS rope drop is by far the least infuriating. Once they open the tapstyles you'll scan and walk as quickly as possible to Rise and get in line. So much better than all the other parks.

The All Star buses only share sometimes in the middle of the day, never first thing in the morning or when the parks are closing.

Can anyone who has done EP recently update on if the Germany dock is still being used due to refurb of the Morocco dock?

Question for guests at WDW today - Thurs, Apr 4, 2024.

I'm looking to find actual experiences, not 'I believe' or 'I think' but looking for guests who meet the following criteria so that we can provide accurate information when this happens again in the future.

If this scenario fits you, please share your actual experience:

1. Started day in a park other than MK, or, had not entered any park when park hopping to MK was stopped.
2. You either had an ADR in MK for a time after park hopping was stopped or,
You had purchased Multi-parks G+ and had booked at least 1 LL for a time in the MK after park hopping was stopped.

If this scenario is you,
a) Did you attempt to enter the MK after park hopping was stopped?
b) Were you allowed to access the park due to your ADR or LL reservation?

Again, please only respond to this if this scenario fits your experience as we are trying to find actual true, informative information to provide to guests in the future.

Thank you.

RotR not operating @ HS open this morning. About 1/2 hour of opration and now down for the past 1 1/2 hrs. Stuck in queue.

A significant improvement that we noticed yesterday morning at Hollywood Studios is new body scanners and no individual inspections of backpacks and purses. Also, the fingerprint part of the magic band readers are no longer used.

Park entry was much faster. We'll be going to Magic Kingdom today and will look to see if the same setup is used there.

A significant improvement that we noticed yesterday morning at Hollywood Studios is new body scanners and no individual inspections of backpacks and purses. Also, the fingerprint part of the magic band readers are no longer used.

Park entry was much faster. We'll be going to Magic Kingdom today and will look to see if the same setup is used there.
Guessing this is your first trip to WDW in a while. These changes were made a few years ago and are in place at all parks. A huge improvement for sure!

Last here in October, 2022. Also @ DLR/DCA last fall. Bags were searched both places then.
You must have been chosen for secondary screening. These were installed during 2020 shutdown of AK and then the rest in 2021

Also, finger scanners are in use again at all parks. Have been for a couple of years also after a break for a bit post-Covid.

Last edited:
Last here in October, 2022. Also @ DLR/DCA last fall. Bags were searched both places then.

If you had a phone charger, umbrella or anything of the sort that sets off the alarm, they send you to bag check.

Funny story, I was behind dh. They tell you to hold your umbrella out in front of you. So I had it way out in front. As far as my little arms could reach. But I was too close to dh and it made him beep. So he had to empty pockets and be wanded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter