• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We were at AK today. Crowd levels were great. We rode Flight of Passage 3 times with no wait. The only wait we had the whole day was for our first ride on Na'vi River Journey, which ended up being a 33 minute wait. It was so strange. We walked right onto FoP, and then waited 33 minutes for NRJ. We also had a great lunch at Tiffins without a reservation. Also, the new version of the bird show is really great!

As for the masks, I don't seem to be having the same great experiences everybody else is having. We easily saw 50+ people with their noses uncovered during the 6 hours we were there. Also many with masks down that either weren't eating/drinking at all, or were just carrying a Dasani bottle or whatever. Many of these walked right by cast members without being called out. We saw ONE cast member (good job whoever you are) tell somebody to pull their mask over their nose. When they seated your party at Tiffins, they asked that if you used the restroom, to please put your mask back on. I'd say half the people ignored that and walked to the bathroom with no mask.

Also, lots of people had their masks off to eat or drink in the Na'vi River Journey queue, including the family in front of us and the family behind us while the line was at a standstill for 15 minutes. I think they need to ban that. What am I supposed to do when the family in front of me and the family behind me all take their masks off to have a snack? I'm surrounded by people with no masks, with nowhere to go. I can't believe that's allowed.

The last issue I saw was exiting rides. There was NO social distancing exiting rides. Multiple times I had to ask people to get away from me, as they literally walked right up to be shoulder to shoulder with me, and one even kicked the back of my shoe. These people can't seem to be bothered if there aren't signs on the ground guiding them.

Overall, despite the issues with inconsiderate, selfish jerks and a lack of enforcement on Disney's part, we had a great time. The crowd levels were low enough that for the most part we could avoid those people. The queues and exits were the exception.

Last edited:
Just curious. We’re the families in the queue having their snacks following the social distancing spacing?

The group in front of us was probably only 3 feet away from us, as they spread out behind their marker on the ground when they sat down.

When we're out in the open, I have the option of steering clear of idiots with their masks down. When I am trapped in a queue, I have no options whatsoever. Their apparently overwhelming need to eat right that second apparently trumps my desire to feel safe.

Every time we got a snack or a drink, we found a tucked away corner with nobody around before taking our masks off. I don't see why that is so hard?

Last edited:
The group in front of us was probably only 3 feet away from us, as they spread out behind their marker on the ground when they sat down.

When we're out in the open, I have the option of steering clear of idiots with their masks down. When I am trapped in a queue, I have no options whatsoever. Their apparently overwhelming need to eat right that second apparently trumps my desire to feel safe.

Every time we got a snack or a drink, we found a tucked away corner with nobody around before taking our masks off. I don't see why that is so hard?

Since starting to experience going out more it seems these business aren't capable to police people who choose to put others in harm. But after seeing many similar things (not in Disney) it seems people lack complete knowledge of personal space, training on how to actually wear a mask correctly (or maybe education as to why they need to wear it correctly), and mindfulness on when it is acceptable or not acceptable to wear. With what I saw last night in Atlantic City we going to be in big trouble for a long time.

And there was a little pre-ride movie thing. It was my first time so I’m not sure if that’s what people had said they were skipping?

Previously, the ride had two separate pre-ride movies. The first was in a big square-ish room holding up to 14 people inside, where the younger male scientist (Dr. Stephens) would tell you about the avatar matching and the banshees, and performs genetic matching with your avatars. Then a bit further up, you'd enter a second long skinny room where the director of the center Dr. Ogden would give her little pep talk and the instructions on how to enter the ride area itself. The first larger room, you'd be in close proximity to lot more people. In the second room, you'd only really be close to the person to your left and to your right. So what they did was they eliminated the first room and have you proceed directly to the second room. In the second room, they now show you a much shorter movie with messages from both Dr. Stephens and Dr. Ogden.

The original first movie was interesting, in that the ride operators could make the presentation shorter or longer depending on the needs of the queue. Most of the time, in addition to the introdution and the matching, it has a little "surprise" I won't ruin for you, for when you eventually get to see it when this all blows over.

The 2 carts on the hub are closed? They were open on Thursday

I think those are open. Others deeper in the park aren’t. I assume they want to dissuade taking your mask off eating an ice cream bar and such, if that’s the case it’s working.

Do you have to move to the next marker? In a situation like this, couldn't you just choose to hang back and leave one of the social distancing markers spaced in between you and the party in front of you, giving you more space? This is what I had planned on doing. And if the folks behind us take their masks off, I was going to politely ask them to leave an extra space between us and them while their masks were off.

Do you have to move to the next marker? In a situation like this, couldn't you just choose to hang back and leave one of the social distancing markers spaced in between you and the party in front of you, giving you more space? This is what I had planned on doing. And if the folks behind us take their masks off, I was going to politely ask them to leave an extra space between us and them while their masks were off.
Yes you can. The space is relatively small for a larger group so this kind of situation will happen, i just left 2 spaces between the large group and myself

Only had a couple instances where people were not following guidelines. One person walking with mask down and drinking.

From what I've read, you are allowed to have your mask down if you are drinking something. Universal is the same way. Walking around with a mask down and holding a beverage is not ok. People need to stay hydrated. I'm with other posters though, masks should stay on the entire time while in queues, especially inside. It's the safest thing to do.

We left empty spaces when we entered the queue for our last FoP ride behind two guys with drinks that had their masks off for the entire length of the very long queue. The cast members kept trying to make us fill the empty space, and every time I would say I refused to go any closer to jerks without masks.

In my previous example, we didn't know the parties around us were going to have a picnic in the queue until it was too late. And you don't really have time to tell the people behind you to leave an empty space, as they get to their line pretty much the same time you do, and the people behind them are about 1 second behind.

Question for anyone that has taken DME. Are they still getting your baggage for you? And if so, are they delivering to room or do we pick up at bell services?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter