• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A few notes.

Sportsman Shoppe in United Kingdom reopened yesterday!PROGRESS!
(I am hearing that the Shops that haven't reopened in World Showcase are because of Supply Chain issues and not Staffing issues.)

The Inventory of Disney Buses appears to have GREATLY increased since our last trip.We have only seen one Contract Bus so far.

The new lights "underneath" the Monorail trains at night are AWESOME!!!!

The Beacons of Magic lights on Spaceship Earth are pretty but almost "hurt my eyes".

Saw my first ever YACHT ROCK band!
SUMMER BREEZE was really great last night so much so that we are going to hear them again tonight.
Pretty sure this is the first time BRANDY by LOOKING GLASS has ever been played in America Gardens!lol

We haven't heard ANY of the Cast Members using "Friends"-all we have heard is the standard "Good Morning Guys","Move this way Guys","Goodnight Guys".

The new 50th Anniversary Nametags for the Disney College Program Cast Members lists their Hometown instead of their College.Really miss seeing all the MANY Colleges represented on the tags.Some CPs like the change,some don't.

And finally HarmoniUS-No comment!lol
So happy to hear about Sportsman shop!

So my final post in this thread.

My travel group of 9 (4 adults, 5 kids under 10) that was in Florida 10/2-10/10 (10/5-10/10 at Disney) did not experience any health issues while there or after leaving.

The group took all recommended precautions (washing hands constantly, etc) and (mostly always) wore our mask indoors.

Hope this info helps persuade some of you on the fence about whether to go to WDW. It’s not ideal, but going to WDW during these times is very doable.

Safe travels everyone.

I’ve heard “friends” from every CM.
Heard it a lot on my last trip, drove me nuts for some reason. Why can't they just say "hello" and smile? No need to add the "friends", it sounded condescending more often than not, though I am sure most of the time it wasn't meant to. I am not sure why it irritates me so much! If we were really friends, they would use my name! Must be the newest Disney PC salutation, getting away from the "hi guys" - not inclusive. And if that's my biggest complaint, well then.....:rotfl:

From the looks of the Lines app, it seems like crowds are lower today than the last week or so. It really did seem like the crowds showed up the minute Genie's launch was announced. Seemed to make sense that locals would get in all the pre-Genie ride time they could. I'm expecting things to pick up this weekend and then level off again. I hope I'm right!

Back from MK today…will prob do a trip write up once home at Thursday. But in short, 1.genie + worked as well as FP…Walked onto 10 rides with no more than 5 min wait. 2. People will and we’re paying for the individual LL.
We feel pretty Disney savvy, and things started to back up in the after noon once people started to figure things out…a lot of guest services tents with long lines…and those unaware I do feel bad for bc knowing what to expect and how to use the app made for a pretty easy day….3. I suspect once the system as time to run and people get used to it that it’ll make goin onto rides much like before.

Who has Fall break? This isn't a thing in Texas.
Most of AZ is out either the first or second week of October. It affects DL much more than WDW… but I have friends who went to FL last week.

oops, saw moderators note too late! Sorry!

Most of AZ is out either the first or second week of October. It affects DL much more than WDW… but I have friends who went to FL last week.

oops, saw moderators note too late! Sorry!

I always wonder where this fall break thing is also. I am NE FL and no fall break here and it wasn't when I lived in Ohio or PA.

I always wonder where this fall break thing is also. I am NE FL and no fall break here and it wasn't when I lived in Ohio or PA.

I live in South Carolina - people all around us get it, but we don't :( - we have teacher work days that are spread throughout the year, so several long weekends.

I live in South Carolina - people all around us get it, but we don't :( - we have teacher work days that are spread throughout the year, so several long weekends.

School here get a teacher work day at the end of every grading period so 4. But they get a full week at thanksgiving and close to 2.5 weeks at christmas.

School here get a teacher work day at the end of every grading period so 4. But they get a full week at thanksgiving and close to 2.5 weeks at christmas.
Up here we get the standar 2 1/2 days thanksgiving, anywhere from 1-2 weeks for Xmas, 1 week winter break, one week spring break. The major holidays off. And then sporadic throughout the year. The teachers will also have to come in for professional development but not the kids. And if no or only 1 snow day(s) ends up being used they get days back. This past May they had a five day weekend for Memorial Day because they only used one snow day.

Now that's it's been 2 weeks since I got home, I'll add in my data point.

I was at Disney World Sept 29-Oct 5 and my cousins and I didn't come down with COVID symptoms afterwards. I didn't do indoor dining and wore a KN95 mask indoors and 60-70% of the time outdoors. I did stand and wait for fireworks in a decent crowd. My cousins did some indoor dining and wore a cloth mask indoors, but not outdoors.

Crowds were moderate and ride wait times got high after the 50th weekend was over. We had a great time, but missed some of the entertainment that's not back yet and the World Showcase CMs. I do LOVE the Animal Kingdom flotillas and hope they keep those permanently!

We were at AK yesterday. According to TouringPlans, the crowd level was a 1, but the walkways seemed more crowded than that to us. Standby wait time for FOP was 70 minutes mid-afternoon; Na'vi was 45 minutes (we did not ride either one). Standby for the Safari was 15 minutes and Kali was 5 minutes, so we rode those. We arrived about 10 minutes into one of the feathered friends shows (ca. 3 pm?) and the stadium was probably 80+% full. We walked a couple of the trails and they were moderately crowded. We had eaten lunch before arriving so did not eat there, but none of the eateries appeared overly crowded as we walked by.

This is surprising. The use of the term "friend(s)" has been so pervasive the last couple of months. Maybe things are changing again.

Not while we were there last week--we were so sick of hearing "friend(s)". We decided to join in and began to do it ourselves to mock the pervasiveness of the overused term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter