Hertz at MCO

jkennedy626

Earning My Ears
Hey there! We are renting from Hertz this weekend at MCO. Does anyone know if you pick your car from the aisle like Alamo? We are gold members is that makes a difference. Thanks!

Gold members should be on the gold board and then you just go to your assigned car.

Heads up, last rental we got a qx60, they made me wait in line just for the stall number because it was "special equipment" waste of time as that catagory doesn't call for that at other locations

If you reserved an Intermediate or above, you can use Hertz Gold Choice, which lets you pick any available car parked in that section, although you will ALSO have an assigned car in a stall waiting for you of you want that one. Your confirmation should indicate whether or not you are eligible for the Gold Choice car selection.

I'm also Hertz #1 Gold, and for the past few years at larger airports like MCO, I'd get a text right around the time my plane was due to land and it would tell me the spot number of my car and reservation number -- so OP if you are also Gold make sure your cell is loaded on your account and you should then also get a text and go right to your car.

I'm also Hertz #1 Gold, and for the past few years at larger airports like MCO, I'd get a text right around the time my plane was due to land and it would tell me the spot number of my car and reservation number -- so OP if you are also Gold make sure your cell is loaded on your account and you should then also get a text and go right to your car.

What Jeff-h said.... That's how it worked for me. Really easy.

Thanks everyone! I’m I have a full size. On my confirmation it says gold canopy and I signed up for the alerts. I have an Alamo reservation probably $30 more, so I’m debating which to use.

Thanks everyone! I’m I have a full size. On my confirmation it says gold canopy and I signed up for the alerts. I have an Alamo reservation probably $30 more, so I’m debating which to use.

Sounds like you are ready to go! Between Hertz and Alamo I feel that Hertz is the better choice.

One additional thought, if this is your first Hertz Gold club rental you will need to go to the Hertz counter located in the parking garage.

Thanks everyone! I’m I have a full size. On my confirmation it says gold canopy and I signed up for the alerts.

Sounds like you are ready to go! Between Hertz and Alamo I feel that Hertz is the better choice.

One additional thought, if this is your first Hertz Gold club rental you will need to go to the Hertz counter located in the parking garage.

As PP noted, first time Gold renters will have to go to the Gold booth, located inside the garage, bypassing the main counter. You won't receive the text/email for car assignment. When you arrive your name will probably be on the Gold Board but the space will say XXX or *** instead of a number.

They just need to verify your identity and sign an electronic agreement, which will be kept "on file" for future rentals.

You might be able to take care of this in advance at a Hertz Local Edition or home airport. Once on file, your reservation should change from Gold Canopy to Gold Choice.

BTW, even if I get a text/email with a vehicle assigned, I usually still check out what's available from the Gold Choice. Eg. I might be assigned a high mileage Altima but find there's a very low mileage Malibu (with free XM most times) that's just been washed. I take the Malibu (keys in the car) and drive to the booth to check out. Very easy!

Thank you for your help! It was so easy renting a car through Hertz. I would not hesitate doing it again. They did not even take my husbands information. They said it was free with Gold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter