Hertz car hire

california37

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!!

We normally rent a standard SUV though Alamo and really like how we can go across to the parking garage without queuing at the desk, and we can select which ever car we like from the row... however the quote this year is cheaper through Hertz. Please can anyone tell me how we get the car? Can we skip the desk? Can we choose our own car from the garage or do we get allocated one?

Thanks in advance x

It's been a while since I've rented from Hertz but I think you have to sign up for one of their higher level plans to skip the lines. There were 2 levels. One free one not. Have you looked over their web site? It should be explained there.

If you're a Hertz gold club member, you can go directly across the street to the parking garage. Next, check your name on the digital board, go to your assigned row, pick a car, and go. It's super easy and fast.

If you're a Hertz gold club member, you can go directly across the street to the parking garage. Next, check your name on the digital board, go to your assigned row, pick a car, and go. It's super easy and fast.

Yes, but the FIRST TIME you rent as a Gold Member, or anytime you change your default credit card payment method, you have to stop at the counter to verify ID/CC. I've been a Gold Member for almost 20 years and have had to visit the counter exactly twice, for those reasons.

Thanks for the responses so far... a few things I could have said before (sorry I didn’t!)
We are from the uk and are looking at booking through Costco as they are coming out cheaper... looking at the hertz website, it just outlines the process rather than specifically at Orlando international whether you can collect any car I’m guessing we wouldn’t be able to skip the counter then based on the responses above... which would be ok as long as I get a choice!!

Thanks!

You may not get a choice. It sounds like a vehicle is preassigned to you. Now, whether yo can switch that car for a different one, i don't know. Hertz.com might have a FAQ that addresses this.

The company that sponsors DisBoards provides a free membership to the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program. There's a "sticky" thread at the top of the first page of the Transportation forum explaining with details. Or, here's a direct link to the thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...e-hertz-gold-plus-rewards-membership.3253734/
Caveat #1: You'll need to check and see if UK residents are eligible.

As for car choice, all members enrolled in the program has what Hertz describes as "Ultimate Choice" in cars. Under normal circumstances, you will be able to pick your vehicle. As a base level member (Gold), you will be limited to the car class reserved. Higher level members have more choices because they get upgrades.

Caveat #2: Sometimes car rental companies sell out. Even large, high-volume locations like the Orlando International Airport sell out. In that scenario, you may not have a choice about your vehicle.

That said, you can find yourself in that situation even if you book with Alamo. I rent a lot from Alamo at the Fort Lauderdale International Airport. That's another high-volume location. There have been times when quite literally the only choice I had was color. Every vehicle in the aisle was the same make and model.

If you reserve with Hertz as a Gold member and pay for an intermediate or higher category, you get to choose your specific vehicle from a designated area. You are also always allowed to choose an upgraded car from a different area, for an upcharge, at the time of rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter