Hey! July 30th, 2005 cruise to Mexico DISfriends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Minnie's Guy
exactly how hot is hot in California in July. Is it better than Flordia, with the humidity?

YES it's much better! We were in FL in June this year and we thought we were going to die. There's no humidity at all here, unless your at the beach but it's a cool humidity, very pleasant. If you go inland, like to Palm Springs, it gets hot, about 100 but it's not humid. We decided we'd rather be in Palm Springs heat than in FL humidity. But we just love WDW, so we'll put up!!! HE HE HE!!

Lisa

I still have to book my hotel stay in LA. We've got the cruise and airfare taken care of so far.....I've been to the GC and DLHotel...but never PP. Should we try that this time?

I've been to San Diego in late July and it was beautiful. Between 75 and 80, sunny and warm but not too hot each day. The beach was great. We're thinking of stopping back in La Jolla while we're there.

Are there any beaches closer to the port which are like a La Jolla or San Diego beach?

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
as I sit here racked with pain,darling Daughter,I feel "bump"
pretty much covers it.....:hyper: :wave:

well.......it only hurts for a little while...........

Hello IWilliam...... This is Albill.... We are the proud and honored parents of Jlawall.... we be Alice and Bill Hopf....We are retired (somewhat) in Brigantine ,NJ.... We raised 4 children in NE Phila
and reached a point of ....Is this all there is....?? We love Brigantine, Disney,fishing, but most of all ...our God,Children,
and Grandchildren.... Not always in that order...!! somewhere in there is my 15' boat.....!! I enjoy the conversations on dis, and look forward to the west coast cruise.....
be talkin with ya.......Albill:D :) :bounce: :wave:

Lucy here - looking forward to meeting you also next
summer (even though you are from NJ - JUST JOKING;)
you know those NJ jokes! Will you also be visiting
Disneyland before the cruise? I have such a fear
of flying, but must be brave for my 13 yr. old son, because
he has never flown and he is really scared.
My DH told me I'm getting a glass of wine and a dramamine
before I get on that plane! Our family LOVES Disney and
the Disney cruises - this will be a perfect vacation for
our family - my other DS will be along (hopefully, i really
want to make this a family thing, even though there
are days when we would rather not speak to each other
(we DO love him though, but he is a piece of work!) - I
saw a picture of your granddaughters - they are so
beautiful! My son will celebrate his 19th birthday the
day we get on the cruise. So nice to chat! - Lucy

Hey Lucy, I totally get the whole DS19 thing!! My DD20 has been a real challenge lately. So far, we have the cruise and air booked, I think we will book the DL prior to the cruise. I have to call during business hours and arrange it for me and the folks.....wish me luck!

So when and where are you staying??? -Jo

we DID book the GC for four nights, BUT,
it is quite expensive, and we are debating what to do.
It is our first trip to Disneyland as a family (I was there
30 years ago myself), we probably won't be back for
a long time, we need convenience and, of course, we
need a Disney hotel (we always stay Disney in Florida).
NOW, I've been reading that the Disneyland Hotel is
not a bad place either. It is cheaper. We do need
space for our family (remember, "the 19 yr. old!" and we
have a 12 yr. old), one of the DIS sites showed pictures
of the DL hotel and it does look nice.....we are so
confused. Wish someone could make up our minds for
us!:wave:
Anyone?

I stayed at the GC and it was really nice. If you want to be indulged and have a wonderful trip........go for it! We stayed at the DLH before they built GC park,etc. and it was just - ok. I would like to know if the PP is a good choice or if we should just "bite the bullet!"

PP was an old hotel that Dland took over, remodeled and renovated, so if you found the DLH to be "OK", you'll have the same opinion of the PP. If money weren't an issue I'd do GC, and if money were an issue than I'd do either PP or DLH.

Lisa

I just found out that our Christmas gift is the 7/30 west coast cruise! Kids (DS11, DS8 and DD6 at sail time) still don't know, but Santa will deliver the news! DH has everything booked even hotel and air!

We cruised western June '03 and was hooked immediately. The kids had a blast as did we!

Tentatively we are:
Monday arrival in LA
Tuesday ~ Reds/Dodgers and Reagan Library
Wedneday and Thursday ~ DL and CA
Friday ~ Reds/Padres in San Diego
Saturday ~ take me away!!!!!:boat:

jfis1020-Welcome!!! What a wonderful Christmas surprise gift!!!!!

When we cruise I will have a DS7 and a DS3. We're going to be celebrating my 40th birthday. There are three other families coming with us, so there will be 16 in our group...8 adults and 8 kids ranging from 3 to 9 (mostly boys). I can't wait for it to come!!!!

Lisa

Welcome to our thread!! What a great surprise for your family. Our cruise is filled with enthusiastic people- whoopppeeeee!!

I still have to book my hotel but we are going (probably) to DL on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - we may hit a beach one of these days or tour LA.

We have my parents, and three daughters (21, 18, 15):wave:

Thanks jlawall and LiserAnn! I am so excited it is unbelievable! DH really did a good job! We are staying at the Hyatt (on Hyatt points) because we used all our allottment of DVC points on the cruise!!!!!

I haven't been to LA or DL since 1979. DH and kids (DS11, DS8 and DD6) have NEVER been. We are season ticket holders for the Cincinnati Reds, so DH timed it so that we could see the two baseball parks, which is a hobby of ours also besides Disney.

We had friends recently visit the Reagan library and said that it is extremely interesting even for kids. Being a teacher, I thought this would be a good "teaching moment". I know we "can't see it all", but I am wondering how we are going to do with only two days for both CA and DL? I am sure we will wish we had more time, but that's what Disney is all about!

Traffic is a concern of mine. It seems to bring out the worse in my personality. Living in the midwest, I am used to having the road to myself. If someone is in my way, I get frustrated (yes, and say things that make the kids say mmmmooooommm!)! I think I need DH to do the driving..........he's lived in two major cities and is more patient with traffic!:crowded: :moped:

I am excited about seeing games in Dodger Stadium and PETCO Park. I think it will be cool watching a game and seeing the mountain ranges in the distance, being a native Hoosier! Pretty flat here except where we live in the "Southern Hills and Lowlands".

The day we hit San Diego, I think we will take in the zoo. We were just in Orlando two weeks ago for MNSSHP and went to Sea World there. I have read that the two are VERY similar. Given that, it might be neat to see something else. The Reds game is that night.

The cruise is such a "mystery" and it's killing me! I am anxious to start reading the reports of those who cruise before us. A Dis'er on the chat last night suggested looking at RCCL excursion list. His travel agent said it would be somewhat similar. I am (obviously) a type A personality, so I am already panicing! Last cruise I got so worked up that DH got on me about just RELAXING! Here it is November and I am stressing!!!::yes::

Let's keep this going............:wave:

I've fought the traffic on the LA highways and..........LEAVE PLENTY OF TIME for whatever you do........one time we all missed our flight due to an accident......

For a really cool idea in SD, consider going to a La Jolla beach, we did that a few years ago and LOVED IT! I'm trying to find one near the port that would be as fun! The SD Zoo is really cool but very "hilly" and we were exhausted at the end of that tour.

We are going to have an amazing time next summer!!

:wave: an addition to our group!
yippeee!
keep this thread going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter