Hey Orlando experts...need help on fraud question...

two-foxes

DIS Veteran
We paid a visit to WDW in December with my parents. About a month ago, my dad told me he had gotten a call from AmEx investigating some charges recently placed on their credit card. Most of the charges were from gas stations around the Lakeland, Fl area. Well, low and behold, this morning we get a call from Chase on our Disney card asking us if we have made purchases from...guess where, Lakeland and Zypherhills, Florida gas stations and Universal Studios. I hope someone enjoyed a day on the charges:sad2:

Anyway, we only used those cards together on site at WDW. My folks live in Arizona right now, and we are in Colorado, so I have to assume there is a connection from our trip in December. I realize that fraud happens, we see it everyday in our work fields, but I would also like to make WDW aware of these suspicions. Based upon what you know of Disney, will it help at all, and if so, what/who would we call????

There have been several cases like this posted. It seems quite a few of them were on the DVC board. Did you stay at one of the DVC resorts during that visit? I'm trying to remember if it was BWV or BCV...but I do recall them mentioning fraudulent gas purchases.

Yes, SSR. I asked my mom if she used her card there and she said she doesn't remember for sure but doesn't think so. Since we stayed in a 2 bedroom, our card was the only one they would take for room billing. However, my dad did make some purchases at the Artist Palatte store when my mom was sick....I would bet it was on the AmEx.

I'll mosey on over to the DVC boards and search around there.

This just annoys the living he** outta me, I gotta say! About 2 years ago, someone used DH's debit card to buy a motorcyle in Nogales, Arizona. Oddly enough, the card was in Iraq with him and he rarely if ever used it, so we are still trying to figure that one out. Nogales PD was less than helpful in dealing with our PD here, as were the folks at PepBoys, where the bike was bought at (along with 2 other credit cards/CC numbers....are we suspicous yet?)

You always hope merchants are at the top of their game, but the little buggers are always a step ahead, I guess.

I posted this on the Budget board as well on the cc fraud thread there, but just in case others here have this problem...

Just an FYI -

I called Disney today and was transferred to their Security division. They happily took a report and will have an investigator follow up with me later today. They have been in contact with me twice already today and have been great. I don't expect to find out anything with this, but I was relieved to know they are at least tracking this information. They want my parents to call and file a supplemental report as well so they can investigate their charges.

All in all, despite the pure selfishness of the moron who stole our card number, I have been so happy with Chase Disney and Disney on their quick follow through with this.

Gosh -- There's been another thread started on the DVC boards just today regarding a member's card being used for gas purchases after their BWV stay. There's definitely something very strange going on!!!

Gosh -- There's been another thread started on the DVC boards just today regarding a member's card being used for gas purchases after their BWV stay. There's definitely something very strange going on!!!

Sure is. Still paying over 3 bucks a gallon. Very strange...:mad:

Well, with the price of gas these days I'm surprised some of the cards haven't reached their credit limit before the tank gets full!!! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter