Hey recent 7+ night cruisers. Do they still have Lobster night?

Lobster night AKA Captain's Gala Dinner is a standard offering during the 2nd half of 7+ night itineraries. It will be offered whenever you dine in Triton, Royal Palace/Court or Lumiere during that 2nd half of the cruise

Yes. We had lobster night on day 7 of our recent 8 night cruise. And it was delicious!

Unfortunately we in the Northeast are accustomed to "real" North Atlantic lobster and not the tasteless Caribbean rock lobster that DCL always serves. One cruise a server assured me it was a real Maine lobster. The chef came out and then told me it was a Caribbean variety. I already knew that.

Is it also "lobster night" on Alaska sailings, too? Or would it be "king crab night" instead?

LAX

Lobster night AKA Captain's Gala Dinner is a standard offering during the 2nd half of 7+ night itineraries. It will be offered whenever you dine in Triton, Royal Palace/Court or Lumiere during that 2nd half of the cruise
Getting off the Fantasy this morning and we had Lobster on night 2 of our Royal Court rotation. We had AERAERA for our rotation

Getting off the Fantasy this morning and we had Lobster on night 2 of our Royal Court rotation. We had AERAERA for our rotation
Thanks! We're going on a 7 night Eastern in Feb. Can you tell me, for Animators Palate, is it still Crush on first night and animation show on night 2? What night was Pirate night? Also, what shows did you have? Im trying to decide nights to book Remy n Palo. Thank you!!!

I too just got off the Fantasy this am and yea to lobster BUT I also did the 6 night on the Fantasy 10/24 and they took off the pirate night menu, so I think if you cruise at least 6 nights you should get lobster… although that was an option last night there is a Red Pumkin coconut curry dish in the lighter fare OMG delicious!! It definitely has some heat but that will be my new go to and my servers said that with the lobster is great!

I too just got off the Fantasy this am and yea to lobster BUT I also did the 6 night on the Fantasy 10/24 and they took off the pirate night menu, so I think if you cruise at least 6 nights you should get lobster… although that was an option last night there is a Red Pumkin coconut curry dish in the lighter fare OMG delicious!! It definitely has some heat but that will be my new go to and my servers said that with the lobster is great!
Hi ThinkTink1! Glad you had a good cruise. Any chance you could answer any of my questions from my previous post? TIA

Hi ThinkTink1! Glad you had a good cruise. Any chance you could answer any of my questions from my previous post? TIA
I tried to go back and find your posts lol I am bad at it so let me know which ones plus I wrote in another of your posts I am very close to booking 12/5, so if I do I’d be more then happy to get all you questions answered definitively!

I tried to go back and find your posts lol I am bad at it so let me know which ones plus I wrote in another of your posts I am very close to booking 12/5, so if I do I’d be more then happy to get all you questions answered definitively!
Thank you so much for your help! We are on a feb 7 night Eastern and wanting to know: animators palate, is it still Crush on the first night and animator show the 2nd time you have dinner there? Did you have a pirate night, if so which night? Which shows did you have and were they at 545 and 830? We're trying to plan Remy and Palo and want to work around shows, etc.TIA!!!

Thanks! We're going on a 7 night Eastern in Feb. Can you tell me, for Animators Palate, is it still Crush on first night and animation show on night 2? What night was Pirate night? Also, what shows did you have? Im trying to decide nights to book Remy n Palo. Thank you!!!
We had animators 3 nights, so it went Crush, Pirate night show and then animation show (FYI you don’t keep your artwork anymore )

the shows went Aladdin nights 1 and 2, Frozen on nights 3 and 5, A movie in the theater (I think Eternals) on Pirate Night - Night 4, and Believe on nights 6 and 7. Shows were at 6 and 8:30 I believe, we had 2nd dining so we always went to the 6pm show, and even with the extra spacing, the theater never got quite to capacity that I saw

We were on the 7 night Halloween Cruise on the Fantasy 10/30/2021 and had baked lobster tail on the last night
of the cruise.

We had animators 3 nights, so it went Crush, Pirate night show and then animation show (FYI you don’t keep your artwork anymore )

the shows went Aladdin nights 1 and 2, Frozen on nights 3 and 5, A movie in the theater (I think Eternals) on Pirate Night - Night 4, and Believe on nights 6 and 7. Shows were at 6 and 8:30 I believe, we had 2nd dining so we always went to the 6pm show, and even with the extra spacing, the theater never got quite to capacity that I saw
Thanks Juan!!

Unfortunately we in the Northeast are accustomed to "real" North Atlantic lobster and not the tasteless Caribbean rock lobster that DCL always serves. One cruise a server assured me it was a real Maine lobster. The chef came out and then told me it was a Caribbean variety. I already knew that.

I guess credit should be given to the chef for coming out and correcting the server’s mistake.

The lobster tail I had was overcooked and had no flavor. It was almost inedible and by far the worst lobster I've had on a Disney cruise.
I hope you sent it back or got something else. I have had situations like this and because of Disney usually doing whatever it takes to make you happy... I just ordered something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter