*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

We are going to HHI next year in July. We are flying out of Atlanta. Our flight is at 10 pm. When would you start at HHI?
is it a long drive with bad traffic?
We are thinking of staying 1 night at ATL but would be nicer to stay at HHI till the flight day

Is there a safe place to store bikes at the resort? Like a nice, expensive road bike? If not, can we bring it into our studio? TIA!
There are several bike racks located throughout the resort, including the ones mentioned above. However, there is room to bring them into the studio. When you first walk in to the studio you will be in the kitchenette, and just past that there is space along the wall in front of the closet. Likewise, there is space along the bedroom wall in front of the lock-off door. There is also the balcony, and it has plenty of space, as well.
We are going to HHI next year in July. We are flying out of Atlanta. Our flight is at 10 pm. When would you start at HHI?
is it a long drive with bad traffic?
We are thinking of staying 1 night at ATL but would be nicer to stay at HHI till the flight day
The drive is normally 4+ hours, plus it will be summer vacation season traffic, AND you need to get to the airport in plenty of time to get through security before your flight boards. You could definitely stay until checkout (11 a.m.) then drive over or even hang out at the pool until a bit later in the afternoon before driving.

We arrive in 7 days! We have a two bedroom. Not having high hopes for a refurbished room. I also hope we aren't near the construction! I did request near pool so hopefully we'll be free of construction. I'm also praying that the weather isn't too rainy! (bringing my WDW rain gear just in case!)

Hello! My daughter and I are headed to HHI for MLK weekend in January to celebrate her 18th birthday. Last time we visited, she was 5, but we also went in the winter as we are not big on the beach since we live on the Gulf coast in Florida and we have a pool, so no need for that. We like the laid back vibe. Looking for any suggestions of things to do, places to eat, etc. Looks like the on-site restaurant is closed? Thinking we will go to Savannah one day, maybe do a ghost tour! Otherwise just hang out, relax, eat, etc. Do they still do the campfire? That was fun.

Hello! My daughter and I are headed to HHI for MLK weekend in January to celebrate her 18th birthday. Last time we visited, she was 5, but we also went in the winter as we are not big on the beach since we live on the Gulf coast in Florida and we have a pool, so no need for that. We like the laid back vibe. Looking for any suggestions of things to do, places to eat, etc. Looks like the on-site restaurant is closed? Thinking we will go to Savannah one day, maybe do a ghost tour! Otherwise just hang out, relax, eat, etc. Do they still do the campfire? That was fun.
We have visited mlk at hhi and enjoyed the weather. Tide me over will be open. We enjoyed riding bikes, eating, playing at the resort. Savannah is fun. They will do campfire as well.

Non-beach things to do:
Sea Pines ($9 per car admission to enter... cash only) has the lighthouse, marina (Dolphin watching cruises), shopping, "gator spotting" (we almost always see one or more laying out in the yards, etc.).
Miniature golf
Escape rooms
Biking

Places we like to eat:
Poseidon
Scott's Fish Market
It's Greek to Me
Kenny B's French Quarter
Social Bakery

Thank you for the suggestions! I’ve taken screenshots so I can check out the restaurants. Anyone have a really nice place for a birthday dinner? Has anyone done the ziplining?

Thank you for the suggestions! I’ve taken screenshots so I can check out the restaurants. Anyone have a really nice place for a birthday dinner? Has anyone done the ziplining?
There aren't really any terrible places to eat on HHI--some are just preferred more than others. The suggestions above are good, as are Fishcamp on Broad Creek, Hudson's, Skull Creek Boathouse (not the same as Dockside though run by the same group), Nunzio's, and OMBRA Cucina. Off island, and only a 20-minute drive away in Bluffton is Farm. The last three, in particular, are very nice places for a birthday celebration. Farm will be a bit more adventurous but is great. Both Nunzio's and OMBRA are topnotch Italian restaurants and are located within a quarter mile or so of each other about five minutes from the resort. Enjoy!

A tiny construction update: looks like building 19, 29,30,31 all have construction fencing around them. All windows are covered. We saw a lot of tile, sheetrock being moved around. The parking lot by the lodge is full of construction materials as well as the parking area by building 30. Lots of busy bees. So the refurb is happening!

I’m here now, just fell in love!! Great resort, fab staff and tons to do. Looks like some of the buildings near live Oak Lodge are getting the re-fresh. Our room hasn’t been refurbished (two bedrooms).
It's very easy to fall in love with the resort. The CMs are the best anywhere, and those are not just empty words. Many of them have been there for years and years, a few of them since the resort opened. Thus, it feels more like family. Plus, the mission there has always been to get to know the guests, treat them like family, as well. Between that and being able to truly just relax--not park hop and run all over creation--the experience is like no other.

Last edited:
We are going to HH for the first time this December. I'm prepping for the Goofy challenge and my training schedule has me due for a 12 mi run while we are there. Are there good places for a long run around the resort?

yeah, maybe April was already gone. I should correct myself. They actually pulled May and part of June ahead of the 7 month booking window.
I have been watching the availability and April was pretty much wide open from about 4-5 days ago. It seems very odd since the refurb is supposed to be done by early 2024 isn't it?

We are going to HH for the first time this December. I'm prepping for the Goofy challenge and my training schedule has me due for a 12 mi run while we are there. Are there good places for a long run around the resort?
Not around the resort proper, no. It's very small. However, there are miles and miles and miles of paved biking/walking/running trails on HHI. You can start at the resort and easily hook up to the HHI trail system which starts just over the walkway to Shelter Cove. The trail can take you to the Beach House, all over Palmetto Dunes, down to Sea Pines to the south and up to Spanish Wells Road to the north, and many points in between. The trails parallel the main roads in HHI, as well as going through less trafficked areas, such as Palmetto Dunes. Here's a link to an article about the trails: https://www.hiltonheadoutfitters.co...Island is completely,to get around the island.

Be aware that cars and other vehicles have the right of way at pretty much every intersection, not runners, walkers, or bikers. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter