HHI pros and cons of staying in Live Oak Lodge?

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
Hi!

Just booked a 1 bedroom at HHI for this summer and I read that MOST of them are located in the Live Oak Lodge, and the rest are under the Grand Villas...

Are all the Live Oak views Marsh? Can you see the fireworks from the balcony? Which has a better view, the upper or lower floors?

As of now I put in a request to be near the pool, which would place us (if granted) under one of the GVs... all interior views, but if Live Oaks provides better views.....

AHHHHHHH

Off to poke around and find Live Oak balcony pics! lol

Thanks for any insights!

About half (one side) of Live Oaks Lodge units have water views.

Benefits: Not as much noise from the pool area
Closer to the afternoon cookies and lemonade
Usually parking is available under the lodge, which means
shade and out of any rain
Live Oaks Lodge has elevators to bring your luggage up, which
is great if you are like us and don't travel light.

Drawbacks: Not many

But - remember Hilton Head is very small, so walking anywhere on the resort is just a few minutes.

We have stayed 2 years in a row in the Live Oak lodge in a Studio. We enjoy it.

Pros:

Close Parking
Coffee in the lobby in the AM
Cookies/Lemonade in the lobby in the PM
Close to laundry (not an issue for 1br)
Quiet
Close to exit/walk to Shelter Cove restaraunts/shops
Close to anything that happens in the lobby

Cons:
Longer walk to pool/activity area

Hi!

Just booked a 1 bedroom at HHI for this summer and I read that MOST of them are located in the Live Oak Lodge, and the rest are under the Grand Villas...

Are all the Live Oak views Marsh? Can you see the fireworks from the balcony? Which has a better view, the upper or lower floors?

As of now I put in a request to be near the pool, which would place us (if granted) under one of the GVs... all interior views, but if Live Oaks provides better views.....

AHHHHHHH

Off to poke around and find Live Oak balcony pics! lol

Thanks for any insights!

We also stay in 1 BRs, and prefer Live Oak Lodge. Most of it is habit at this point-for many years, when we went, for free wireless internet, Big Murgie's Den was one of the few locations. However, the nearness of the afternoon cookies and (off-season) hot cider is a plus, and I just enjoy the "ambiance" of Big Murgie's Den. Often, in the evening, I'll just head on down there to read "The Island Packet" newspaper and watch a little TV. Also, we like the ability to have a villa on the top floor. We've only been in a location other than Live Oak Lodge twice, and both times we really had heavy feet above us. I'm sorry, we've never been there when there were fireworks, so I can't help there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter