• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hi I was woundering....

StitchGirl88

<font color=deeppink>Loves Disney!<br><font color=
if anyone here is going for hotel management and owning their own hotel? I don't graduate untill 2007, But I want to know like what to look for in a college? What classes do you take in college for those courses? What classes would you recrommend for high school classes? And one last question what colleges do you think would be best for this perfession?

Thanks for reading and if you respond!!!!

Hotel management and hotel ownership are actually quite different. Usually, two-year schools offer programs in management; for ownership, you might need to get a management degree then go back for a B.A. in business (since you will need to know how to handle hotel finances).

At one point I considered studying hospitality/hotel management in college. My plans have since changed, but I know when I looked into it, the biggest thing colleges stressed was work experience (besides having good grades, scores, activities, etc.) If at all possible, look into getting a job at the front desk of a local hotel or some other job in the tourism business, or doing an internship. Some of the four-year schools I were looking at were Cornell and UNLV (two best in the nation I have heard) as well as NYU and Johnson and Wales University (which has several campuses across the country.) Here is a link to Cornell Hotel School's website, which has a lot of information for prospective applicants: http://www.hotelschool.cornell.edu/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter