HIFS Deal!!

MommaluvsDis

DIS Veteran
Hi, everyone. Just wanted to tell you that Mary has a GREAT deal listed for HIFS!! I accessed her site late last night and found the Rate of $125 per night for those traveling after 02/19. I called this morning and was told that the reservation officer didn't have that info. But when I told him that I saw it just last night, he said that he would honor it! SAVED ABOUT $40 a NIGHT!!

THANK-YOU MARY!!!

Mary does have a new deal listed now that is a real saver too! Check it out. I decided to go the $125 route because with 3 teen boys, I don't forsee us being at the hotel much at dinner time!!

Hope this helps someone!!!!!

I too posted this not so long ago because I wanted everyone to know and when I checked on it again this morning, it's up to $135 per night after 2/19/02, it's gone up for some reason. But, I did call a couple of weeks ago and got the $125. mousesavers rate with no problems or questions asked and had them send me a confirmation which states that rate. I'll be sure to bring it with me in April.

Have a good trip, when are you going?

We're not going until June 3rd. I have the Junior suite at Wilderness Lodge booked as well, hoping for a code of some kind. I just hate the idea of paying $449 a night, tax included but nothing else, when I can stay at HIFS for $125. a night plus get free breakfast for us all!!!

The $135 price includes dinner for 2 adults as well as 20% off at the club car for kids. I chose to go the $125 route because with 3 teens going, I don't forsee us being at the hotel in the evening!

Have you ever stayed there before? I'm curious about the transportation to and from the parks.

Have a great time in April and bring us back a report! We went last time in April. The weather was super!

Have Fun!!

jdm - Mary Waring who runs the www.mousesavers.com website for incredible tips and deals for hotels for on and offsite Disney.

MommaluvsDis - I've heard only good things about this hotel from friends who have been, the kids especially love it there. Although I must tell you that after reading about the Vistana Villages Resort on a thread here I believe it's "please help me convince my wife VV over HIFS", I had to inquire. I just booked a 2 bedroom luxury villa with master bedroom/king w/jacuzzi, private bath with addt'l bedroom 2 full size beds, another bathroom, full size kitchen complete with fridge, micro, coffee, washer & dryer!, patio, 3 tvs, HBO, etc. VCR. for $129.90 per night with the 7th night free! There's also a sofa bed. Can you believe that? I booked thru www.hotelkingdom.com using their 800#, got a wonderful guy named Ed that is from my hometown - "It's a Small World" afterall! My kids are 4 & 9 and my oldest begged me to change after seeing their website.....the amenities are endless, especially for teens like you have. The only bad thing is nothing is within walking distance, but it's 10 minutes from the disney gates and 5 from SeaWorld on the south end of I-DRive. We'll have our car since we're driving down. I was told that VV & HIFS really arent' that far from each other.

With a full kitchen, I'm going to do a food order and eat breafast in every day at the very least!

We haven't been to Disney since 1986. Glad to hear the weather is good then, thanks.

I'll definitely do a trip report when we get back.

Hope you get a great deal at the Wilderness Lodge! Have a great trip!

I think I'll check that site out too. I just naturally lean toward the Holiday Inn family since I'm a Priority Club member. I can really rack up some points to use for free rooms later! We used our points one time to stay in New Orleans overnight when we took to boys to see Aerosmith! So I have to keep that in mind!

Thanks for the info!!

I love Aerosmith too!

I've also read that if you are a Priority member, your automatically upgraded to a pool view at the HIFS, I read that non members were taken back when requesting pool views because they were charging an addt'l $20.00 per night. I read that in a thread here somewhere.

I just had my DH read the thread I mentioned above and showed him the pic's of the Vistana Villages and he's very happy we made the switch.

Definitely give it a look - whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll be happy!

Hi MommaluvsDIS
Have you thought about Disneys most overlooked resort? The Wilderness cabins at Fort Wilderness are great. Each has a living room with murphy bed , sofa & chairs. An eat in FULLY equipped kitchen including diswasher that the maids will load & run for you. This is great for breakfast & the full size fridge is great for snacks ect. They also have a bedroom with a doulbe bed & bunk beds. You teens can come & go to the parks as they want with WDW transportation. There are also 2 pools, & many cativities right in the campground. Each nite there is a Cip & Dale sing along, campfire & 2 Disney movies at there mini drive in. We always rent a golfcart & use it to get around the campground or just for a relaxing after dinner ride. You can also run you cart down to the marina and leave it there then catch a boat to the magic Kingdom. There are 2 trading posts (stores) that have groceries, snacks & souviners. The groceries are "Disney priced" so I would shop outside the resort. All in all FW offers a side of WDW most dont know exists. River Country & a petting zoo are also there. I just cant say enough good about Fort Wilderness !

Guess I should have proofread that last post. Cant type worth a hoot. Fingers get all backwards LOL

I just booked HIFS for 3/02. I got it for $119. Ask for the manager's special. I would rather stay on site but how can I pass up a deal like that.

Hi everyone :) This is my first post, but I have been one of those hated lurkers for months now. :) I was reading everyone's post about HIFS and wanted to ask a question.

*Does everyone stay at the HIFS because it is the closest hotel to WDW? I just booked a 7 night reservation at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort with a kidsuite for $89.95 a night (These 7 nights are from 3/29/02 - 4/4/02 - Easter week.) A small hotel for us does not work with 3 children anymore and it was a MUST this year to have a kidsuite. Has anyone ever stayed at the Sunspree before? Are they run down and dirty? I just see everyone commenting on the $100++ prices they are getting and was wondering if I made a mistake booking at the Sunspree? I booked through hotelkingdom.com and they have a PRICE GUARANTEE that they are the lowest priced hotel finder or they will match any lower hotel offer.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. :) TIA

:bounce: I think I found a really great deal! I reserved a kids suite for Oct 6-11 yesterday and was quoted a rate of $153. Sounded better than the $185 or so we were going to pay for two connected rooms at the ASMovies, so I took it. I then read this thread and kept searching for other discounts.

I then found an offer that was called the Family Value Package. For $115 per night, you got the room and everything that the hotel offers, plus you got two adult buffets every night for free. The problem was that the offer ended 12/01. I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask, so I called and asked about the package and quoted a price of $135 for that time period.

So for $135 per night, we get free breakfast AND free dinner for the entire week (kids under 12 eat free) if we choose to eat at the hotel for dinner. (Plus, any other adults/kids over 12 in your party get 20% off of their dinner) Sounds great to me!

(Oh, in case anyone is going in October, I asked about the Manager's special mentioned above for that month and she said that the only rate around $119 was a rate of $115 for government workers/military.)

I really feel like we are getting a great deal and lots of space for our money. We will be visiting WDW for the first time ever and will have a four boys (7, 5 1/2, 2, 20 mths) as well as my mother with us, so the extra bedroom (not to mention the N64) is a wonderful thing for us! :p

Update: Hehehe:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc
I just noticed that they have a senior savers rate. My mother is going with us, and anyone in the group that is 50-69 gets a rate of $99 per night. Went from $153 per night to $99 per night. I am soooo psyched!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter