Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

Has anyone been able to book this for July, August, or September?

I just clicked on the site for Highway in the Sky Dine Around and there are dates listed in blue for July, August, and September as if they are available, but no dates I have clicked on have listed anything as available. Dates are Tuesday through Saturday, with a couple of blacked out August Saturdays and no 4th of July date.

See my post above. They usually open up for booking the next day once you start seeing them "blue".

Awesome! So at least we know it's coming. There was a lot of rumor that this event would not be continued.

Probably skip it for July since I already have a dessert party booked for HEA. Does not look like it will be offered on the 3rd or 4th, which is a bummer, given that seeing the July 4th fireworks during this event would have been spectacular.
Planning on September when DH will be me. Will be more fun on a date night than a solo night anyway.

Planning for September, too! We're in ATL and will be headed down for my birthday and for the GT vs. UCF game. Trip with just DH and me. My birthday. GT football. Disney. It's gonna be awesome! HitS Dine-around will just be the icing on the whole trip!

I haven't been able to reserve a spot, but as info, I noticed that the start time is 7:00 on party nights and 5:45 on non-party nights...

I haven't been able to reserve a spot, but as info, I noticed that the start time is 7:00 on party nights and 5:45 on non-party nights...

That is not strange I'm thinking. The Hallowishes probably starts later so you would get that show instead on a party night.

Booked for September 13 at 5:45 pm.
Does that mean it is a party night or not a party night?

Last edited:
I am shocked. There are still plenty of reservations. Last time this was offered it sold out by lunch time.

I am shocked. There are still plenty of reservations. Last time this was offered it sold out by lunch time.

Word probably hasn't gotten out yet, plus it looks like more nights are available than previous months.

DW and I are set for the September 27 date. Hopefully, I won't have to cancel in preference of a F&W event.

I noticed it seems there is a price increase? Was it 129.00 before?

Edited - oops saw it was 150.00 before so a slight increase.

Last edited:
Long overdue report but here is goes:

I did the Highway I the sky on June 3 and absolutely LOVED it. I am keeping an eye out for new dates to be released and will try to do it again.

We were up at 3:00AM to get ready to head to the airport for the 6:55 flight (I live an hour from the Airport). I fly standby but, no worries, there were plenty of empty seats on the 6:55... or were there? It turns out that the 8:10 was going to be delayed for four hours so everybody from that flight jumped on all of the morning flights. The 8:10 took off at 1:00 with us on it.

Between Magic Express, us rushing to our rooms to change, bussing it to WDW, Monorail to the Contemporary, we arrived at 5:40 with 5 minutes to spare before check in.

We enjoyed the Bay Lake Sunset cocktail at the Wave and then a shot glass sized serving of split pea soup came out. It was the most amazing pea soup I have had in my life and ranks up there for all time best soups (and I am from Maryland and live on crab soup so I know good soup). My friend asked Michael(?) for the recipe and he said he would email it but I never received it. If anyone has the recipe, please, please, please pass it on. I would love to try to make it.

The chef came out and explained the soup and gave the recipe. Here is my first criticism of the evening.... It was hard to hear him and also, later the other speakers. I would love to see Disney give them a headset and small speaker so that everyone in the group can hear.

We headed over to the Polynesian for a MaiTai and three one bite plates of Pickled Beet, Spicy Tuna Roll and Pork Belly. Delicious. I was really hoping that my friend would not like hers so I could have a second serving. Second critique... I had been traveling all day and had not eaten. The drinks went straight to my head. Although you could ask for water, it took a few minutes for them to bring it out. It would have been nice to have already had water on the table. Also, they was tall cocktail tables which seemed to encourage conversation but these 52 year old legs would not have minded sitting one bit. They did have two sit down tables but those were for the EVC person and his party.

At the Grand Floridian, we were taken to the tea room which had ben reserved for us. We enjoyed sparkling white wine and a crudité plate. Again, wonderful food.

We were then taken to Cirtos and scattered around the busy restaurant at tables of six. We were offered white or red wine (I chose white) and served a plate of broiled fish and short rib. The fish was good but now more than that but the short rib was to die for. There was bread and house made salted butter. I am glad that my companion did not want the butter because I ate the whole slab myself.

We headed back to the contemporary for the desert and fireworks viewing. It was self serve Blood Orange Cake and Flourless Chocolate cake. The Orange cake was good but the chocolate cake....well, I could have stripped and taken a bath in in right then and there. When we approached the Barista, I said that I didn't like coffee and asked if I could have Khalua and or Bailey in cream. He hesitated and told me that he is not supposed to do that but then made me an iced drink with Khalua, Bailey and Crème. Of course, the person behind me overheard and then next five guests asked for the same thing. Poor guy. I hope I didn't get him in trouble.

It had been pouring throughout the evening but had slowed to a light rain/drizzle. The CMs had towels and offered to dry seats off for anyone who wanted to sit. They also whipped out umbrellas for everyone. Poor Michael(?) held an umbrella for a lady through the entire fireworks show without complaint.

On the way out, we were given a box with two chocolates. I commented that we should have brought our own umbrellas since we still had to get back to our hotel and we were quickly told to keep the ones they had given us. Nice touch, Disney.

The staff was amazing - very attentive, obviously wanted to give us the best experience possible. The food was very good and the other guests were a lot of fun.

And a highlight: I got to meet Seashell7290 from right here on Disboards. A very nice person whom I whish I had sought out earlier in the evening.
It was lovely meeting you! I had sent Michael a cast compliment for holding that umbrella all night for my aunt who loves taking pictures. He was so helpful all night. I am glad you had a wonderful night.

Anyone need 6/27 for 2? I plan on canceling it soon. (I also posted in the June canceled ADR thread.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter