Hilton Head

Restaurants: Wise Guys (steaks and chops), Poseidon (seafood), and Munchies Madness (deli sandwiches and ice cream). We enjoyed all three.

Good desserts right over at HH Social Bakery, across the bridge. They're relatively expensive, but good. We used to enjoy Pino Gelato, and although it's closed, I read that there's another gelato shop opening there (I forget the name). DH loved the blueberry key lime pie at Sea Shack. The desserts at Kroger look appealing but they're just OK.

Good desserts right over at HH Social Bakery, across the bridge. They're relatively expensive, but good. We used to enjoy Pino Gelato, and although it's closed, I read that there's another gelato shop opening there (I forget the name). DH loved the blueberry key lime pie at Sea Shack. The desserts at Kroger look appealing but they're just OK.
It is right across the bridge! I had no idea!

Spring break is typically a busy time at the HH resort! :)
There are a couple of things that are labeled as seasonal, starting in April: The snack bar and the low country boil at the beach house. Is that true even though it is spring break?

We're going to try to book the week of 3/10, but then try to switch to 3/17 because I read that over 400 colleges use the week of 3/10 as spring break while the week before and after both are less than 200 colleges.

after joining DVC again, we are finally able to have access to HHI! everybody talks highly of it but we have never been there. Looking forward to HHI in the near future

Honestly, I can hardly think of desserts. Even though I live at the Jersey Shore, I think the seafood at HH is superb, and I want my fill!

I'm happy with the Dole whip and Mickey bars!

Happy HalloWishesFireworks Spectacular
The Ghost Host of Haunted Mansion® invites you to "drop in" as Disney villains tear up the night with fireworks and wicked remixes of their theme songs!
So, we will be seeing Hallowishes from TTOTW.

Who is planning to be up there on the 25th!

We just got back from Hilton Head. I work with someone who has family there and he made some recommendations.

Went spent an afternoon in Sea Pines (the toe of the island). The lighthouse is just an accent piece for the golf course. It has no real history itself but it contains a modest museum of South Carolina history. My friend didn't recommend Salty Dog so we went and got the t-shirts and left without eating. There is a forest preserve in Sea Pines with a "Shell Ring." This is a ring shaped mound of oyster shells made by ancient natives, probably for ceremonial reasons. It's an active archaeological dig, so that's pretty neat.

You really should eat a low country boil while you are in SC, a good spot for that is the Crazy Crab by the river (same end of the island as the resort). The beach at Coligny is the only public access beach on the island. It's pretty nice but it's also the busiest beach I have ever been on. The plaza at Coligny has a sub shop called Stu's Surfside Subs and Suds. That was probably our favorite little discovery. We never saw any gators but apparently it's not uncommon to see them from the boardwalks while you're biking around the island.

I am so torn as when for us to go. I have two reservations, one at the end of September, the other at the end of October. Still trying to make up my mind.

Our favorite, favorite resort! Be sure to do the campfire and let the kids fish for crabs off the pier. As mentioned before RENT BIKES. Most days, we did not even drive our car - a couple of times to dinner and once down to the lighthouse. But, you can ride your bike to the beach, to the shopping center/grocery store that is just before Disney's turn-in, to mini-golf. Riding on the beach is great - the sand packs down and much easier to ride than other beaches I've been to. Also, there are movies under the oaks on the resort property most nights.

Help? I am looking for information on the Grand Villa. I know there are only 5. Difficult at 7 months? End of May, not Memorial Day Weekend.

We are hoping to snag one for at least 3-4 nights around May 29th.

Thanks.

Help? I am looking for information on the Grand Villa. I know there are only 5. Difficult at 7 months? End of May, not Memorial Day Weekend.

We are hoping to snag one for at least 3-4 nights around May 29th.

Thanks.

I checked the resort availability tool for you, and I'm sorry to say that there's only partial availability already for a GV at the end of May next year. If I remember right, Sunday and Monday, the 27th and 28th, aren't available. I'm stalking the availability tool for a 1 BR at the end of April, because we're out of HHI points and can't reserve until 7 months. People have got to stop talking about how wonderful the resort is and let us "tolerate" it.:)

I checked the resort availability tool for you, and I'm sorry to say that there's only partial availability already for a GV at the end of May next year. If I remember right, Sunday and Monday, the 27th and 28th, aren't available. I'm stalking the availability tool for a 1 BR at the end of April, because we're out of HHI points and can't reserve until 7 months. People have got to stop talking about how wonderful the resort is and let us "tolerate" it.:)

Thank you so much. I forgot about the resort availability tool. 27th-28th is Memorial Day Weekend. Maybe the first week in June. Even if we could get the Grand Vila for 2-3 nights and get a 2 bedroom for the rest. There is only going to be 6-7 of us. But my college age sons want to bring a friend or 2 and have there own rooms. We will be celebrating my one sons HIgh School graduation. Funny the last time we were there was when my oldest graduated HS and that was 2012. Time flies.

I hope you get it...we're there May 1-4!

Skull Creek Boathouse if great for families, so yummy.

There are plenty of activities offered including marsh tours.

No whale tours but deep sea fishing and dolphin tours.

following as we are planning April 2018 trip, hoping to book at 7 month window. So far availability is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter