Hilton Lake Buena Vista

Bianca and Bernard

DIS Veteran
DH and I went up to Orlando for a quick one night getaway. Stayed at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, right across from Disney Springs. Loved that we could just walk to DS. We came in and went out the convention area doors, as they were closer to the walkway, and just walked through the parking lot of the Disney employee bank to get to the walkway. It comes out by the World of Disney/Basin area. There is an elevator on both ends of the walkway if one has trouble with stairs. Maybe a 5-10 minute walk; although not fun in that cold rain storm that swept through on Saturday!

Found plenty of parking. The hotel was clean, and pretty nice. They had someone playing live music Saturday evening outside the bar area (a guy with a guitar), which would have been ok had he been somewhere not in the walkway. To get to our elevator, we had to walk right by him, and it was just way too loud. We did not hear it once we were in our room, but could hear him about 3/4 way down the hall. We received 8 coupons for free bottles of water at their market, but were told we could get cups of coffee with them if we wanted. The market had a big selection of goods, from toiletries to snacks, cereal to veggies, and lots of alcohol (some, like beer and wine, you could get yourself, but the other stuff had to be picked up from the clerk; note there are hours when they cannot sell alcohol so plan accordingly). There was a "Starbucks" coffee bar in there, that made a decent caramel macchiato. There is a Benihana on site, as well as food at the bar; and there is supposedly a breakfast there too, but we didn't use any of that. They also have a DVD rental (they gave us a coupon for a free rental, but we didn't use it) and there was a DVD player in the room.

Stayed in room 256. Quiet, for the most part. The door hiding the mini-fridge was broken at the hinge, and was being held up by the drawers in the dresser (one big piece). Fridge wasn't really cold (was ok, we didn't use). Didn't use the coffee maker, but it was available; same with ice bucket, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Had two 'queens' (we all know that hotel queens are doubles, lol). A/C worked ok, but the bed farthest from it was definitly warmer than the bed closer to it. It had a small table and chair. The beds were just soft enough to move when you laid on them, but were definitely hard. DH's ribs and shoulder hurt from laying on his side; same with my hips and shoulders.

The bathroom had an area with a sink and mirror, along with the mirrored 'closet' with the hair dryer/iron/ironing board. Then there was the shower area (tub/shower) with an ok shower head and great water pressure..and HOT water; the toilet; and another sink with a mirror. The towel rack was in the shower; and they had the bottles of Crabtree & Evenlyn London LaSource shampoo/conditioner/body wash attached to the wall; lemon verbena scent. The hand soap at the sink was Lavender Lemon.

We didn't use the pool (nasty weather), the arcade, or the workout room, but all seemed ok.

I have read that the walls are thin. Did you experience this? Thank you for the full review!

Thank you for the review. We are staying there in May, so it’s nice to hear about your experience.

I have read so many negative reviews about this property that I was really starting to get nervous about our 3-night stay in June. It is nice to read that someone had a positive experience.

We just returned from our 7 night stay at the Hilton LBV and enjoyed our stay. We had room 825 - high floor king with the double vanity. Room was clean and enough room for the two of us. All the staff we encountered (front desk, bell services, restraurant/market) were all very nice and helpful during our stay. Two free coffees each morning was nice.

We took advantage of the 30 min early entry into the parks each morning. The buses were usually on time first thing in the morning to get us to the park for the early entry benefit. From noon to 6pm the buses ran hourly, so made for longer waits trying to come back for a mid-day break. Some days we just hopped on the Saratoga springs shuttles from the park and walked through Disney Springs back to the hotel. Not sure if it’s always the case, but during our stay LBV was the first stop and then went to Hilton Place - so plenty of seats on the bus.

Did not notice thin walls, but not sure if we had anyone next door? Overall, we were happy with our stay and would choose this hotel again.

Is a reservation required for the shuttles? extra fee?
I know the lines used to be very aggressive in the morns.
Also I guess the bus just drops off at the Ticket&Transport Center … is that correct?
I have a lot of Hilton points . Part of your description sounds good but also wonder about recent updates . This location always seems to get mixed reviews.
I just stayed at the Signia Hilton in Bonnet Creek. That place is a mess currently in midst of lobby renovations , etc…
I have been keeping eye on progress of the new Embassy Suites Timeshare progress next tothe Margaritaville Resort in Kissimee.
Hope I can use Hilton points to stay …

We are considering between here and caribe royale and not sure which one to pick. Has anyone been to both?

I have read so many negative reviews about this property that I was really starting to get nervous about our 3-night stay in June. It is nice to read that someone had a positive experience.
How was your stay at buena vista? We are considering it for our next trip. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter