Hold out for cancellations?

It depends on your kids. Can they hang that late?

My DD has always been a natural night owl. At 3 years old she often stayed up past 11 pm at Disney the week we went when she was that age. She would have been thrilled in the castle and stayed up no problem. My son at 3 would have been fine since he was being occupied.

I did a 9:20 pm ADR at Ohana when DD was five. She was still bopping around, went to bed around midnight and got up for RD no problem. My kids have always done well with adjusting to late nights for the most part.

If you don't think it'll work definitely use the reservation finder. I notice things are popping up around my trip since we are in the 45 day window. I even picked up a 7DMT FP+ on our arrival day.

To avoid a no-show fee, people have to cancel unneeded dinner reservations the day before. Often discussed topic on here. This can cause spots to open up that previously were not available.

I know, I'm practically in tears. There is only 1 reservation we really want, and I've had my request in for Touring Plans for over 2 months and today I got a text at 2:16. I was at work so it took about 4 minutes for me to get away and go for the reservation but it was gone. I'm so upset. But, I'll keep trying. We go in November also.This has been an exceptionally hard trip to try for ADRs. I have 2 I would like, and can't get either. Dang it!

I know, I'm practically in tears. There is only 1 reservation we really want, and I've had my request in for Touring Plans for over 2 months and today I got a text at 2:16. I was at work so it took about 4 minutes for me to get away and go for the reservation but it was gone. I'm so upset. But, I'll keep trying. We go in November also.This has been an exceptionally hard trip to try for ADRs. I have 2 I would like, and can't get either. Dang it!
Mambo, we’ll both keep trying! Have a great trip!!

Don't give up. People need to have their payment made in full 30 days in advance, and will cancel if that does not seem possible. MOre ADR's will open up around that time frame.

Make sure you reset the search. It stops looking after it finds a reservation.

As you get closer to the date, especially within the week, reservations will pop up. Use the reservation finder others have suggested. It worked for us. Only thing is, A couple of times I saw the reservation before them because I must’ve happened to look at the exact time it came out so make sure you are checking also.

seriously, no need to cry.....I had an alert in for 4 months for the Bon Voyage Breakfast last year and I didn't get ANYTHING until 2 days in advance and I saw a TON of availability in the days leading up, as well as a PERFECT time that morning.....seriously.....it won't be the end of the world, and you can always go next time if you don't get it this time! You will have a fantastic time either way!

just got a CRT for our last night...except it’s at 940pm. Traveling with 6 & 3 year olds, do I keep this and hope for a cancellation to get in earlier?
That makes for a very long day for the little ones but if you choose to keep it, make sure they get in a power nap in the afternoon! lol! Above all, remember, it's about having fun, one reservation won't make or break the awesome family vacation you're all about to share.

Last edited:
seriously, no need to cry.....I had an alert in for 4 months for the Bon Voyage Breakfast last year and I didn't get ANYTHING until 2 days in advance and I saw a TON of availability in the days leading up, as well as a PERFECT time that morning.....seriously.....it won't be the end of the world, and you can always go next time if you don't get it this time! You will have a fantastic time either way!
The one I’m trying to get is Bon Voyage also. I managed to get for 4 on the day I need it and am trying to add 2 more. Like I told my son, I can do without as long as the grandkids have the experience. Weird thing; I’ve had a request in for 50s diner for a specific day for 6. Yesterday while checking yet again for Bon Voyage I stumbled across a reservation on the day and time but for 4. When I tried for 6, it was a no go so I grabbed the reservation for 4. Then I went in and found another reservation for 2 at the exact same time. Different but we all will be there at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter