• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holding points and non-home resort booking

Dobermanns

Mouseketeer
I know I can modify a reservation to swap out and use up holding points. My question involves multiple home resort points.

I have to cancel a stay that will result in holding points in my Dec 23 UY, half from VGC and half from AUL. This UY also has Poly points that were originally used to book Poly at 11-months, but later modified to VGF at 7-months. This stay is mid April 2024.

Am I correct in thinking that I can modify this April 2024 VGF stay at end of Feb/early March to use up my holding points? I think it should work since the VGF stay was “booked” at 7-months with non-home resort points, so using VGC and AUL points shouldn’t be an issue. Thank you!

The system currently allows this to happen so yes, you should be able to go into the VGF trip and modify it and it will pick up the holding points, as long as you don't have banked and borrowed points in your account that would more than cover the reservation....that would be the only glitch..

The system currently allows this to happen so yes, you should be able to go into the VGF trip and modify it and it will pick up the holding points, as long as you don't have banked and borrowed points in your account that would more than cover the reservation....that would be the only glitch..
Thank you so much!

Just to update.
The VGF stay was booked primarily with PVB points and a few AUL points. When I modified, it used the holding points from AUL, but didn’t pick up the holding points from VGC, despite checking the box for the VGC contract.
Thankfully an extra day was available at the end of the stay, so I modified to add the extra day and checked the VGC contact. this time it did use the VGC holding points.
Then I modified to drop the extra day and all the holding points stayed used with the reservation and “good” PVB points were released. 😇

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter