Holiday Crowds?

DLR29

We create happiness
Which day is going to have "better" crowds? Wed, Dec. 20th or Fri, Dec. 22nd? I would think Wednesday but waht do you think? I haven't been at Christmas in a while. Are the lines like 90 minutes? Longer?

The 20th should be quieter because Wednesdays are usually less crowded than Fridays.

Bump! How quiet is quieter? Anyone else? Approximate waits? I need answers pretty soon. Thanks

I've gone the week before Christmas several times, and my experience has been that the closer it gets to Christmas and New Years, the busier it gets. Once schools are out for Christmas break, it gets very busy -- 90 minutes for some rides, but I've always been able to avoid long waits by going early and using FP wisely. The 20th may not be too awful. Some schools may not let out for Christmas break until the 22nd. (My DS's school for example will be off the week of Christmas and the week after this year; typically they have more time before Christmas off, but not this year. I don't know if many other schools will be working on a similar schedule with Christmas falling on a Monday this year).

The 20th will have lighter crowds. But, also shorter park hours and probably not has much on the entertainment schedule. Even when the park is very busy you can avoid long lines if you plan. Use fast pass, consider ridemax, take breaks and eat at odd times, dont follow the crowds, get to the park early and stay late.

Regarding local school schedules - anyone else know when the local schools get out for Christmas... I'm hoping most schools will be getting out on Dec 22nd since that's a Friday. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. We'll be there the 18th - 23rd and am hoping we kinda miss the REALLY big crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter