Holiday inn Universal (Kirkman Rd)

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give me any info on the HI Universal please.
We will be staying there 4 -14 March - coming from the UK and just want to make sure it is OK, after having cancelled the Delta after reading some bad reports about it.
What size are the rooms etc and is there anywhere to walk to - restaurants etc as we are carless.
Many thanks for any info.
:bounce:

I have not stayed there personally but it's gotten several good reviews on the USF/IOA boards and a co-worker of mine stayed there last February and loved it.

I have stayed at several of the hotels in the area and there are several places you can walk to. Of course, the hotel houses TGIFriday's which has typical American fare and is very good. Up Kirkman Rd there's a Ponderosa restaurant and the ever present McDonald's. Down Major Rd, there's a Denny's at the Day's Inn. The Radisson Universal across the street has several eateries, including a Pizza Hut.

The best thing about this HI is the location. It is across the street from the parking garage of Universal Orlando. I would not suggest walking to the park, though, for it is quite a haul! The hotel offers a shuttle to the park.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter