• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Photos

AZ JazzyJ

<font color=teal>The Talented One<br><font color=p
Ok, Christmas has come and gone as has Boxing Day. Hanukkah is currently underway. New Years is but a few days away. Since this is a photography board, I assume some of you have covered these events and taken at least one picture (I would love to meet a photographer who has taken one picture. These guys must be more rare than the person who can eat one Lays potato chip!) So now is your chance to post your best shot for everyone to see. Let's see those photos which you believe most accurately capture the holiday season to you.

Jeff

Santa was very good to my DD this year.

49641737-M.jpg

My DD8 and I took a ride to the Boardwalk today, and walked over to the Beach Club to see the Choc Carousel. It was a beautiful day today, and we enjoyed seeing the decorations. Hopefully we will get to the Poly and AKL Sat or Sun before they take the holiday displays down! I just realized the "black horse" picture turned out a little blurry. We might have to stop by there again as well!

86291YC_Choc_Carousel_Horse_12_30_05.jpg

86291YC_Chocolate_Carousel_12_30_05.jpg

86291YC_Choc_Carousel_Horse3_12_30_05.jpg

86291YC_Choc_Carousel_Horse2_12_30_05.jpg

86291YC_Choc_Carousel_Horse4_12_30_05.jpg

We spent 12/18 - 12/25 at WDW and I was really pleased with some of the pix I took. I am such an greenie when it comes to photography...I still haven't figured everything out on my digital camera (Olympus C740) I've had for 2 years now...lol I bought my first tripod this year all in hopes of using it at WDW to get some of those great shots I've seen posted here on the DIS. I didn't want to lug around a big one, so I bought a mini tripod with flexible legs that fits in the bottom of my mini backpack perfectly.

So, anyway, let me share...

Jim Caviziel at the 12/24 Candlelight Processional...he's singing the Hallelujah Chorus
P1010171_171.jpg

One from the Holiday Wishes on 12/20 at MVMCP
P1010167_167.jpg

Gingerbread Great Ceremonial House at Polynesian
P1010060_060.jpg

Gingerbread house at Grand Floridian
P1010137_137.jpg

Gingerbread Carrousel at Beach Club
P1010030_030.jpg

Oh, but I have so many more that I'd love to share from the trip...I was just so pleased with them. I shot between DS's Christmas program at school before we left to family Christmas after we returned I shot about 600...and this time almost half turned out decent...that is a huge milestone for me!! :cheer2:

momsgoofy said:
We spent 12/18 - 12/25 at WDW and I was really pleased with some of the pix I took. I am such an greenie when it comes to photography...I still haven't figured everything out on my digital camera (Olympus C740) I've had for 2 years now...lol

For someone who claims to be a "greenie" those are some nice shots! Especially the first two. Good composition!

Here's one of my daughter. I think I caught a good expression.

50489135-M.jpg

momsgoofy said:
We spent 12/18 - 12/25 at WDW and I was really pleased with some of the pix I took. I am such an greenie when it comes to photography...I still haven't figured everything out on my digital camera (Olympus C740) I've had for 2 years now...lol I bought my first tripod this year all in hopes of using it at WDW to get some of those great shots I've seen posted here on the DIS. I didn't want to lug around a big one, so I bought a mini tripod with flexible legs that fits in the bottom of my mini backpack perfectly.

Oh, but I have so many more that I'd love to share from the trip...I was just so pleased with them. I shot between DS's Christmas program at school before we left to family Christmas after we returned I shot about 600...and this time almost half turned out decent...that is a huge milestone for me!! :cheer2:

Laura, you did great! On the Wishes picture did you use a flash to light up the foreground? Oh, may I inquire as to the tripod you got?

There's a thread on Christmas pictures that would love to see your work at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10988494#post10988494

Scotwdw said:
Laura, you did great! On the Wishes picture did you use a flash to light up the foreground? Oh, may I inquire as to the tripod you got?

There's a thread on Christmas pictures that would love to see your work at http://www.disboards.com/showthread...94#post10988494

Holey Moley! I've never been asked "technical" questions before...I'm kinda touched...silly as it sounds.

Yes, I am pretty sure that on that specific shot the flash did fire. I have never used the manual settings for the camera...too chicken still and haven't figured it out yet either so I had it on the night setting with auto flash.

The tripod I bought is pretty cool! I can't remember a specific name, but I did get it at the local camera shop and it cost about $12. It is about 6 inches tall (add another inch with the mount for the camera) and the legs are flexible so I can bend them out to add more stability or squish them in really tight, which is what I had done for shooting Holiday Wishes.

To be exact...as we walked toward Main Street to find a good spot we passed just between Crystal Palace and Caseys...I think there is a bathroom back there between them...anyway I noticed a honeymoon couple sitting there with a videocamera and camera on tripods so I started looking and though maybe it'd be a good spot. So I take out the tripod, put the camera on it, and squat down in front of the wrought iron fence...now how I thought...I ended up making the legs into a claw, wrapped it around the top of the fence railing (like it was my prize) and clamped it around as tight as possible. I had to hold the bottom the entire time, but it seemed stable enough...took a few test shots of the Kiss Goodnight...they looked promising so when the fireworks started I just kept shooting until my battery died...lol

I think that is one of my favorite things about digital...I can shoot so much and am starting to experiment more and if out of 100 shots I get 10 really good ones then I am very happy and I don't feel like I wasted all the film and money.

I've been inspired by photos I've seen here and last spring I interpreted a photography class (there was a Deaf student taking it and that is what I do for a living...interpret). The teacher in that class was so cool...she and the class got my wheels a moving and I think I could become a real shutterbug, although I find myself more interested in landscapes and not just the family album shots as that teacher called them...I really have an itch to go for the "artsy" side of things. I got a shot of DS wearing his Jester Santa Goofy hat outside the Haunted Mansion the night of MVMCP that is just weird, but I really like it...maybe I'll upload it and post it. It's funny though...I find myself driving along the road and something will grab my eye and I wish I had my camera...that's how I know I could really get into photography.

Well, thanks for the compliment...I think I'll go check out that thread you suggested now.

PaulD said:
For someone who claims to be a "greenie" those are some nice shots! Especially the first two. Good composition!

Here's one of my daughter. I think I caught a good expression.

50489135-M.jpg

Thanks for the compliment! It is very encouraging! :grouphug:

I love that expression on your daughter's face!! I suspect there is something very awesome happening just outside the frame...

This is one of my favorites from the trip...just because it's very rare to see DH and DS in such a way...DS is 13 so it's un-cool, but this trip he was DH's closest buddy, which just made mom's heart want to hang on to it forever.

P1010110_110.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter