"Holiday" Pricing

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
We are going in August and will be on the dining plan, but will have to pay OOP for one meal. I'm trying to decide between paying OOP for either Chef Mickey's or lunch at Sci-Fi. Does anybody know what the dates are for them to charge extra for holidays this summer for Chef Mickey's? Gotta love that enhanced special pricing for times that aren't an actual holiday :rotfl2:

I don't know the specific dates, but I know it ends before July 18th when we arrive. So you should be ok in August.

Maggie

The holiday surcharge for buffet and character meals around the World is returning, as previously announced. Prices for meals during these dates will be several dollars more per person than at other times of the year. The dates affected are April 5 - April 18, 2009, and May 24 - July 11, 2009. For example, at the Magic Kingdom's Crystal Palace, prices will be as follows:

Breakfast: $22.99/Guest (10 and older)--$12.99/Guest (3-9) (regularly $18.99/$10.99)
Lunch: $24.99/Guest (10 and older)--$13.99/Guest (3-9) (regularly $20.99/$11.99)
Dinner: $34.99/Guest (10 and older)--$16.99 Guest (3-9) (regularly $28.99/$13.99)

Any one want to take a guess at the time period for surcharge around Thanksgiving.:confused3:confused3I can't wait to be fleeced.:rolleyes:

Last year was November 22 - November 29, 2008
December 16, 2008 - January 3, 2009
April 5 - April 18, 2009
May 24 - July 11, 2009

Which I think was the Sat before thru the Sat after...This year would be Nov 21-28

If it were me I would pay out of pocket for Sci-fi its much cheaper than Chef Mickeys!

Hopefully this isn't a totally dumb question, but if we are on the dining plan we won't have to pay the holiday surcharge on top of our dining credits will we? I just don't want any surprises popcorn::

Hopefully this isn't a totally dumb question, but if we are on the dining plan we won't have to pay the holiday surcharge on top of our dining credits will we? I just don't want any surprises popcorn::

No which is why the dining plan makes sense during these time periods

We are going in August and will be on the dining plan, but will have to pay OOP for one meal. I'm trying to decide between paying OOP for either Chef Mickey's or lunch at Sci-Fi. Does anybody know what the dates are for them to charge extra for holidays this summer for Chef Mickey's? Gotta love that enhanced special pricing for times that aren't an actual holiday :rotfl2:

Do you think it would be a better marketing strategy for Disney to say they are giving a "price break" during slow periods rather than saying "holiday surcharge" when there is no holiday? It makes me mad to pay holiday pricing in June when there is no holiday. That's why we switched our dates to July. (Plus it became value season for the deluxe resorts.) Maybe it would make people going at "non-holiday" times think they are getting a break and make people going during "holiday" times less mad thinking they are getting ripped off.

Maggie

The holiday surcharge for buffet and character meals around the World is returning, as previously announced. Prices for meals during these dates will be several dollars more per person than at other times of the year. The dates affected are April 5 - April 18, 2009, and May 24 - July 11, 2009. For example, at the Magic Kingdom's Crystal Palace, prices will be as follows:

Breakfast: $22.99/Guest (10 and older)--$12.99/Guest (3-9) (regularly $18.99/$10.99)
Lunch: $24.99/Guest (10 and older)--$13.99/Guest (3-9) (regularly $20.99/$11.99)
Dinner: $34.99/Guest (10 and older)--$16.99 Guest (3-9) (regularly $28.99/$13.99)

I'm glad to hear that the regular prices are $18.99/10.99. Allears showed $22.99/12.99 and I didn't realize that was the holiday pricing. :goodvibes

Thanks, Everybody!

It makes me mad to pay holiday pricing in June when there is no holiday.

At least if I am going to be paying "Holiday" pricing, I think the park hours should reflect this and be "normal" summer hours (and it's not for the first week in June). :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter