Holy Cow!!!

dianeschlicht

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
I couldn't imagine why all of you were talking about the membership extension mailing....Now I do!!! What the heck??? Seems like they went to a lot of expense and trouble to convince some of us who will be far too old to use it, that we "need" to extend 15 years. Kind of like they are trying to convince us with "overkill" to do this.

In fact, this envelope was a HUGE turn off for me, and if I was ever considering it, the thought went right out the window after seeing the "sales pitch".

Wow, they even had "flashing lighthouse"!!! Now if they had spent very little on the contact information, and just sent me a simple letter with explainations instead of the glitz, maybe they could have offered it to us for $4 a point (like they are valuing it when they sell the extended contracts)!

I still have some misgivings about the legality, but the assumption is always that Disney doesn't do anything that is'nt combed through by their legal eagles first.

Haven't received our mailing yet, but if I am going to spend upwards of $4,000 I am buying points I can use, not something that will be in effect after I am dead...

I continue to be amazed that anyone is going to extend. Why spend money for something 35 years out? Who knows, WDW may not even exist in 35 years. JMO

I thought it was extremely tacky and telling that they pointed out that those that purchased in 1991 purchased at $51 per point. That is not the first time Jim Lewis and company pointed that out (also on the Member Cruise).

I felt like they were saying, you didnt pay enough and even if you add on the years, its still a bargain. They cant stand the fact that people are selling and walking away with a $30 per point profit and they got left holding the ROFR bag full of points that no one wanted so now they are flipping the script.

I dont see how people expect to raise their value by taking the years when Disney is selling for $96 per point. :confused3

It's really sad..........

I continue to be amazed that anyone is going to extend. Why spend money for something 35 years out? Who knows, WDW may not even exist in 35 years. JMO

There's nothing wrong with spending money for something 35 years out, as long as you only pay the two or three dollars that it's worth -- not $15.

Diane, if you got yours, maybe ours is coming this week too, since we're both in MN. DH wants to extend, I probably wouldn't....it'll be interesting to see if the mailing changes either of our minds.

I thought it was extremely tacky and telling that they pointed out that those that purchased in 1991 purchased at $51 per point. That is not the first time Jim Lewis and company pointed that out (also on the Member Cruise).

I felt like they were saying, you didnt pay enough and even if you add on the years, its still a bargain. They cant stand the fact that people are selling and walking away with a $30 per point profit and they got left holding the ROFR bag full of points that no one wanted so now they are flipping the script.

I dont see how people expect to raise their value by taking the years when Disney is selling for $96 per point. :confused3

It's really sad..........

Well, for those of us who paid less than $65/point, I feel like they are robbing our pockets to line thiers! If they only value those extra years at $4 more per point, why should we pay $15-20 more??? I think I'll try to sell our 150 point contract and buy a few more AKV points instead. Just have to think this through a bit more. I KNOW I wont be spending nearly $8000 on extending both our contracts!

Tamar, I just got it today. I must admit though, it was a VERY impressive mailing.

One of our OKW contracts has gone to ROFR, so we won't have to worry about that one. Another is going to The Timeshare Store later this year and hopefully that one will go as well. That will leave us with our original contract which we will not extend. I'll be 107 at the end of the extension. :rotfl: And with the way dues keep going up, our son is not going to be able to afford it.

One of our OKW contracts has gone to ROFR, so we won't have to worry about that one. Another is going to The Timeshare Store later this year and hopefully that one will go as well. That will leave us with our original contract which we will not extend. I'll be 107 at the end of the extension. :rotfl: And with the way dues keep going up, our son is not going to be able to afford it.

Let us know what it passes ROFR for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter