Holy Mouse Ears - At Aulani now!

BowlingAriel

Wishin Upon That Lottery Star
Let me start by saying WOW - this definitely is the slow time here and this ain't your regular Disney Craziness! Did I mention WOW!!!

When they talk about traffic leaving the airport on the H1 - they aren't lying. Now let me preface this by saying that we live in FL and are used to I-4 in Orlando and Miami traffic. WOW - H-1 is really busy. Try remember you are on vacation and when you pull onto the Aulani property you will forget all about that hour that it took you to get here. Maybe it was the fact that we arrived at 5pm, not sure but its over.

I am used to the signage at Disney World - there are signs, more signs and extra signs in case you missed the first 15. I thought it was difficult to find the Aulani turn in. Its a smaller, bamboo color sign secluded, not the usual in your face Kingdom stuff.

Walking into the great hall was breath taking - my DD and I compared it to the Animal Kingdom entrance at first, but as we walked out on the deck no comparison. We were greeted and presented our Leis, offered some infused water and given a brief tour.

Coming from the east coast and being 2hrs away from our airport,flying all day we were getting tired and decided to just park, unpack and grab some Cocktails & Snacks on the lanai of Ole' Ole. 2 guys were playing Hawaiian music and it was very relaxing.

I'll post more later and try to answer questions - I am here with my DH, DD who's 25 and my self, so not too in tune with the little kid activities, but I'll ask what I can.

We have room 1282 - which is an OV 1 bedroom - <thud> :thumbsup2 that is me falling over at the unbelievable view. I'll try to upload a couple pics later.

We are off to Ama Ama for some yummy Chocolate milk dipped peanut butter, banana stuffed french toast and then Target for a week of supplies.

As I type this I am watching them open the water slides - too funny. Again I think this is a SUPER slow time. It is now 8am and there might be 10 lounge chairs being used - I can hear the cheers from the character b'fast. Look its Minnie & Goofy!

If you were on the fence about this place - get off. I am trying to figure out how to book something next year here already!

Mahalo

Thanks for the update! We'll be there in 13 days-YAY!! Can't wait to read how your trip progresses! :)

Wow! Loved your post! I've been on and off the fence about going because of the airfare price and the hotel price (we don't own DVC) but still trying to figure out a way to swing it.

Thanks for posting. I look forward to hearing more!

YAY!! Thanks for the update! So glad you guys are liking it. We loved our trip in 2012... which is why we are headed back this Christmas!

If you get a chance during your trip it would be great to get some pics of where all the rental cabanas wound up being placed once the remodel was done. :beach: Mahalo to you guys!!

Wife and I are heading over on Saturday for a week... We were there in January 2012 and look forward to returning... Weather looks a little iffy for next week...

Crossing fingers... Enjoy your stay!

Wonderful! Enjoy your stay!

I actually requested an xx82 room for our upcoming April stay because they seem like the 1 bedrooms that would have the best view of the ocean and sunset. I look forward to your pics!

If you feel like it:
1) I second the request for pictures of where the cabanas ended up, especially the ones by Ka Maka. It would be great to be able to see them relative to things around them and what they look out on. If you can see the cabana numbers for them all the better.
2) I'd love to see the room service breakfast menu. I love the idea of sitting on the balcony enjoying the view while leisurely enjoying breakfast.

That said, don't worry about us on your vacation unless you feel like it. Focus on enjoying yourself and relaxing!

Thanks!
-Jason

Yes, Aulani definitely has that WOW factor. Its an amazing resort. We added on points at Aulani after staying there last year.

Enjoy your time at Aulani! Relax and take it easy.

I am gonna need a vacation after my vacation. Today we are in Waikiki going on the Hole in the wall food tour , then dinner at Morimotos
The new infinity pool has sounds you can hear under water. Whales , dolphins & the volcano. Pretty cool.
There are 3 cabanas there

Over by New adult pool are 3 more cabanas and the bar with Ulu cafe. Delicious apps.

HUGE turn off - little kids as in diaper wearing in the hot tub. GROSS ME OUT !!

Can't wait to hear more details as you post!
:surfweb:

First trip to Aulani this May!

Cannot Wait to visit this BEAUTIFUL PLACE!:beach:

HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY!:cool1:pixiedust:

Would love to hear about Aulani from your daughter's perspective!

Our eldest son is "around" your daughters age and he will be joining us, so anxious to hear about Aulani from her eyes.....:goodvibes

More more more!!!

We want to go eventually but waiting until the kids are old enough to enjoy the stuffs there :)

So early November is slow time that's good to know.

Get an extra cocktail for us!

What other time of year is considered slow time? Every time I read a review of the resort I want so much to get there. It's just those dang airfare prices.

January / February (except presidents week) are supposed to be slow. It's low points too. As far as weather goes, Hawaii has really nice weather all year. I've been to Maui twice in February and we had beautiful weather. It's also whale season so that's a bonus. I love to fly out of Michigan winter weather to paradise!

To the OP,I loved hearing your impression of Aulani! It sounds heavenly !! We are going to Aulani and Oahu for the first time this February for our 25th anniversary and we can't wait!

Ok since I am a person who LOVES to see visual pics, let me try to be techie here and post a couple.

Here are 3 of the cabanas these are by the infinity pool / grotto area - like I said there are 3 by the new infinity pool, 3 by the adult pool and 2 over by the reef. I will try to get a pic of the inside better.

DSC05510_zps1d974752.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dadaleus Here ya go - room service bfast. We have not used it yet. There is another page too - I am having issues with photobucket this am. I'll try to get it later.

Room 1282 - balcony views
this is to the left looking at the lagoon.

panning a little to the right

water slides and part of lazy river - if you look all the way across by the reef you can see the top of 2 of the Cabanas

and last but not least to the my far right the great hall - not bad huh

Beautiful!!!
Wow... enjoy your stay.

Ok - off to the North shore and the Dole plantation.
I'll get a pic of the inside of the Cabana later.
Wait til I post the pics of our Ama Ama bfast & the apps we've been having with cocktails.

Aloha for now

Would you post pics of the new pool, it was still under construction when I was there in Feb....love that place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter