" Home" Comparisons

Pat-Rick,
You sound like my kind of Grandpa! ( Want to adopt a bit older grandaughter who could give you 5 great grandchildren? hehehe)
All kidding aside. It really does boil down to personal preferences. Each person here has developed a preference for their own reason, and will defend their resort.
OKW cries larger room, BWV brags location. I have already given you the list of why WE prefer BWV, but I will add that we are heavily influenced by our children ( now 19, 13,12,9 and 5)They have been enjoying DVC since BWV opened in 1996, when our youngest was an infant. They feel the BWV is "home." They love all the activities, the pool and especially the community hall.
I am certain of ONE thing, you will LOVE DVC,no matter which resort you choose to call home.Your trips with you children and grandchildren will be worth all the effort and money to buy into DVC.
Hey, maybe I'll see you by the pool someday......

A key point is that as a member of the DVC, you have the option to stay at both resorts and at Vero, HH or any of the new ones.
We own at both and like both for all the reasons listed. On one of our best-ever vacations, we stayed at both sites and felt like we had two vacations for the price of one.
I would spend the money, and make a visit to WDW to see all the properties before you make a commitment. The DVC costs a lot of dollars and will be part of your life for a lot of years.

to stay at WDW on most of your trips then obviously you have 3 choices right now...2 through resales (OKW/BW) and VWL through DVC.

If you plan on having a car and want the most bang for your points then I would seriously consider OKW as my first choice.

If you want to be closer (within walking distance to more of the action) and tend to not use a vehicle as much then I would consider BW.

If you are looking for the quickest way to join and enjoy a more rustic vacation, I would buy directly from DVC and go with the VWL.

Obviously, if you plan on doing WDW less the other 2 resorts--HH and VB could very well be options. There would be resales and buying direct from DVC to consider if you follow this path.

Good luck in your decision making process.

We are empty nesters with grandkids who are teenagers to age 2. We bought at BWV because of its location. We like to go to the parks in the a.m., rest or hit the pool around lunchtime, and then go back to the parks later in the afternoon and/or evening. That's easy for us to do when we're in walking distance to Epcot, MGM, and Fantasia Gardens mini-golf, or a boat ride away from Epcot and MGM. As our grandkids have gotten older, they enjoy Epcot and MGM more, and are interested in the restaurants and shops on the BW and in the Epcot area hotels. The Epcot location also gives the adults plenty to do.

The BW pool and the ability to pool hop to Stormalong Bay also is a big hit with our kids.

We've found bus service at BWV to other WDW locations be excellent, and it seemed, to us, better than at OKW where we stayed recently.

A disappointment for one of our kids is the arcade room at the BW. He prefers the one at the Contemporary Hotel!

Now, we have a 2-year-old becoming interested in all things Disney, and she will want to see lots of characters when she goes to WDW, so we'll probably spend more time at the MK than we do with the older kids. So, when we go with her, we'll probably stay at VWL because of its location closer to that park, and, of course, it's theming is wonderful.

Deciding which resort should be your "home" really is a matter of personal preference and where you think you'll stay the most. For us and our family, BWV fits the bill. Hope our experience helps you somewhat. :)

Wow two pages of positive posts, makes you want to go to a DVC resort. Good thing that second contract settled.

We like being able to get to a rest and hit the pool midday and then back to a park in the afternoon. That defines Boardwalk. We took a tour of VWL and it was nicer than I had expected. The lobby is way cool. I also liked the more private sitting rooms/lobby in the DVC building.

<A HREF="http://badshoe.com/" TARGET=_blank>
badshoe_logo_small.gif

</A>
</P>
Play the Celebrity Shoe Game at BadShoe.com
http://badshoe.com
http://members.home.net/dunlapsdisney/

With all the great comments you have shared I did not want this to get lost in case there are others looking at the DVC.
Thank - you all again.
pat-rick
from South Jersey

Deciding which resort to buy into was absolutely the hardest part of our DVC purchase. We do love both places, but as you've noticed, they have different feels.

As to noise, at BWV we've always overlooked the 'theme' pool, the one with the slide, and haven't had ANY problems with noise. The only noise we've had problems with was from the hallways in the EARLY morning, when excited children AND adults didn't use 'indoor' voices in their excitement to get to the parks. This was the 1 time that we happened to be there during 'Jersey week'. This may not bother others but, we'll just avoid that time in the future.

At OKW we would think that we were in a calm, serene setting - until the family in the unit upstairs would arrive back from the parks with a RUNNING toddler. There was also 'running toddler' in the morning, but unless we happened to be in the living room at the time it wasn't a disturbance. But in the evening, trying to relax with those rapid, thudding footsteps overhead.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter