Home for the Holidays-Wizards-Grinches and Sparkles. 14 nights @Royal Pacific Resort, Nov/Dec 2021

So glad you finally get to go back to the place you love so much. You and Tom are looking well and happy in your picture of your dinner out.

:welcome:

Tink…….it is good to see you……..and thank you for the lovely compliment…….

We are so happy the borders have opened back up for everyone. Means so much to so many folks who can now see family and friends again after such a long time!

Hope you’re doing good and things going well for you in your little corner of the world and it is lovely to see you…:wave2:

I'm just popping in to say I hope all is going well and that you have a WONDERFUL trip! :wave: P.S. I sneaked up on DH and stole an extra two days after our Hawaii cruise to stay at Aulani. Next up is to steal extra days for Universal next fall!

Hey Cara…….always lovely to see you post!

Fabulous news with the extra days on the trip……happy to hear that and yes, you most certainly need to add the extra days for Universal.. ::yes:: I think you almost have to do that…….lol…….

And thank you so much…….:wave2:

Hey @schumigirl! I’m so glad you guys get to venture back across the pond!

Is there a St. Augustine trip in your future?
https://www.visitstaugustine.com/event/nights-lights

:welcome: JaxDad........

It is so good to see you......haven`t seen you in a long time!!

Well, we did see that, in fact I think you told us about it a few years ago. It looks beautiful. This trip is mostly filled up so far, but there`s always a chance we take a last minute trip to St Augustine as it is one of our favourite places by far.

But, in May we`ll absolutely be going back for the day, so hopefully we can arrange to meet up again for lunch somewhere, it seems forever since we met up that very hot day......we have a much longer trip in May too.

Hope you and the family are all doing good and all doing well....and nice to see you again......:wave2:

Carole — it is almost time to go 🎄 I know you have lots of days and will do many things! If you had to pick your top 3 for this time of year, what are your must do’s?

Oh good question.......:scratchin

Do I win a prize for the best answer.......lol......

The Parade and Hogwarts castle display for sure.......

Decorations in general are beautiful, but not overly fussy......we love the festive characters that go around, especially in the Seuss areas.

Christmas trees everywhere.......🎄 I am a little like Kevin McCallister from Home Alone for Christmas trees.......😉

:welcome: JaxDad........

It is so good to see you......haven`t seen you in a long time!!

Well, we did see that, in fact I think you told us about it a few years ago. It looks beautiful. This trip is mostly filled up so far, but there`s always a chance we take a last minute trip to St Augustine as it is one of our favourite places by far.

But, in May we`ll absolutely be going back for the day, so hopefully we can arrange to meet up again for lunch somewhere, it seems forever since we met up that very hot day......we have a much longer trip in May too.

Hope you and the family are all doing good and all doing well....and nice to see you again......:wave2:
Well, then I look forward to seeing you guys in May!

I hope you wave a wonderful trip! I look forward to reading about it!

Well, then I look forward to seeing you guys in May!

I hope you wave a wonderful trip! I look forward to reading about it!

Absolutely, we have you listed to meet with then for sure......I`m sure at the rate time is flying past it will feel like no time at all till May.......

And thank you, we are getting excited now despite worrying too lol....not a good mix, but alcohol helps :thumbsup2

Yes, alcohol definitely helps!

I traveled for work throughout the pandemic, including several trips to Key West. It was a pain at first—I spent last Thanksgiving in quarantine—but great to get out and enjoy life. (I think you guys would enjoy the Keys BTW.) I’m sure the worrying will give way to joy again when you’re back at your home away from home!

So excited for your trip now, can't wait to read about all the details. My DD and I have a 10 day trip booked for May and September. Will be booking May flights once SW opens their schedule next month, then I'll be getting the AP's and later TSA PreCheck.

Yes, alcohol definitely helps!

I traveled for work throughout the pandemic, including several trips to Key West. It was a pain at first—I spent last Thanksgiving in quarantine—but great to get out and enjoy life. (I think you guys would enjoy the Keys BTW.) I’m sure the worrying will give way to joy again when you’re back at your home away from home!

lol....true!

It is good to get back to some kind of normal for sure.

Never thought about the Keys, neither of us are really beach folks, well, an hour or so is usually enough for us on a beach....but so many good food choices will draw us anywhere!

Look forward to chatting again.......

So excited for your trip now, can't wait to read about all the details. My DD and I have a 10 day trip booked for May and September. Will be booking May flights once SW opens their schedule next month, then I'll be getting the AP's and later TSA PreCheck.

Thanks so much Aurora....:)

It does feel good getting things like that organised, once your flights are booked the excitement ramps up somehow......and yes AP purchases make it closer too......

Hope you`re doing ok....... :thumbsup2

Never thought about the Keys, neither of us are really beach folks, well, an hour or so is usually enough for us on a beach....but so many good food choices will draw us anywhere!

Actually interesting that you say that, because so many people think the same: "keys=beach vacation.". But the keys aren't for beach lovers. Beaches there aren't that great compared to rest of Florida.

But what the keys (Key West specifically) does offer is a unique culture and vibe quite unlike anywhere else in the U.S. - very different from the rest of Florida. The snorkeling, diving, and boating I know aren't to your liking. But that's just one aspect of Key West: there are amazing restaurants (restaurants that aren't great don't stay in business there long; competition is brutal), fascinating history, beautiful architecture, charming little walkable neighborhood blocks with boutiques and art galleries, ghost tours, and lots of live music by talented musicians in dozens of little bars. Everything is super safe, walkable & locals are extra friendly.

The drive over 7 mile bridge to reach Key West is a bucket list experience itself: breathtaking.
Maybe put it on your "maybe" list to consider one year.:)

Sorry to hijack your trip report thread lol -

Actually interesting that you say that, because so many people think the same: "keys=beach vacation.". But the keys aren't for beach lovers. Beaches there aren't that great compared to rest of Florida.

But what the keys (Key West specifically) does offer is a unique culture and vibe quite unlike anywhere else in the U.S. - very different from the rest of Florida. The snorkeling, diving, and boating I know aren't to your liking. But that's just one aspect of Key West: there are amazing restaurants (restaurants that aren't great don't stay in business there long; competition is brutal), fascinating history, beautiful architecture, charming little walkable neighborhood blocks with boutiques and art galleries, ghost tours, and lots of live music by talented musicians in dozens of little bars. Everything is super safe, walkable & locals are extra friendly.

The drive over 7 mile bridge to reach Key West is a bucket list experience itself: breathtaking.
Maybe put it on your "maybe" list to consider one year.:)

Sorry to hijack your trip report thread lol -

Oh no worries, always good to read such information about places from folks that know.....

The food would certainly interest us, architecture and history too......it does have loads of interesting info about it. Although someone once tried to interest us by talking about Hemingways cats.....lol....not a cat fan so put me off a little....I had a vision of millions of cats roaming wildly.......:rotfl:

Although someone once tried to interest us by talking about Hemingways cats.....lol....not a cat fan so put me off a little....I had a vision of millions of cats roaming wildly.......:rotfl:
haha. Yes, the famous 6 toed Hemingway cats do roam Hemingway House gardens, but they keep to themselves. The big draw is the wonderful tour throughout the inside and outside - it's incredibly fascinating - the guides are very knowledgeable and have terrific personalities - they make every historical fact come to life. One of our guides was Hemingway's great grandson! They all share very interesting tales about the man, his family, his writing inspiration, etc as you wander through the home. The Hemingway tour was one of my favorites, along with the Little White House - another history-rich attraction with a great tour.

But back to your exciting trip - wishing you a fantastic time - so amazingly close now.

Last edited:
haha. Yes, the famous 6 toed hemmingway cats do roam Hemmingway House gardens, but they keep to themselves. The big draw is the wonderful tour throughout the inside and outside - it's incredibly fascinating - the guides are very knowledgeable and have terrific personalities - they make every historical fact come to life. One of our guides was Hemmingway's great grandson! They all share very interesting tales about the man, his family, his writing inspiration, etc as you wander through the home. The Hemmingway tour was one of my favorites, along with the Little White House - another history-rich attraction with a great tour.

But back to your exciting trip - wishing you a fantastic time - so amazingly close now.

Thank you, yes it is just around the corner :cheer2:

How cool to get his great grandson, I had no idea there were family members that were tour guides there! I`ve heard of the Little White House too....although I now realise I actually know very little else about the area.

cv24-M.jpg

Today was the nerve wracking day we had to have a supervised Antigen test before we could get a fit to fly certificate and be allowed on the plane.....

And we got the negative result we hoped........

i-jVdvqVk-S.gif

It was quite a simple process from start to finish, once our laptop camera decided to work. It was a zoom appointment with a nurse and she talked us through the whole process which was very clear and easy to do, waiting the 15 minutes for the result was the worst of course, but she went through all our details while we waited and they really were excellent.

Once the Fit to fly certificate came through, she waited till we had checked all the details were correct before ending the appointment. And then of course......we celebrated.......with a pot of tea as it was only 9am at that point........a little too early for us.

We used a company called Breathe Assured, and we`ll happily use them again, good communication throughout and very professional as well as being very friendly. I was worried about the nasal swab, but it was fine and not intrusive at all as I had worried. I`m just glad it wasn`t the throat one......and there isn`t a gag gif that doesn`t want to make me gag just looking at it, so I won`t use one......lol....but you get the idea!!

Sent Kyle a txt at work and let mum know, she`ll make sure everyone else knows better than a news alert can do......she missed her vocation in life for sure! Kyle was thrilled of course as he saw how nervous we both were over the weekend, but it all worked out.

The rest of the day was spent packing like we had never packed before.....and we think.......we think.....we may have overpacked again! :rolleyes1

We get picked up by our car service tomorrow morning and we should be at the overnight hotel just after lunchtime. It`s a bit disappointing as the bar where we usually have lunch isn`t open but we can walk down to the terminal and grab a snack to keep us going till dinner. It`ll just be nice to be flying again after a grand total of 716 day since we were last in America....too long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter