"home" resort question

boss67

Earning My Ears
I have a question regarding the ownership of a "home" resort. Is there any minimum number of points to call a resort "home". In other words if I choose to buy 60 points at Old Key West Resort and own no other points will that be my "home" resort? Then if in the future I purchase more points at say the Boardwalk will that split my "home" resorts or will they be one or the other?

I was just at Disney last week and took the tour of the dvc and think it will be the perfect thing for me and my family but financially the 150 points through Disney wasn't in the budget. Just started looking at the resale points and came up with this question....Hope someone can help answer it for me.

Thank you,
Lisa
Cape Cod, Massachusetts :D

Lisa -

Where ever the points are "from" is your home resort, so yes you can have more than 1.

If for example you find a resale of 50 points at OKW, that is your home and you have the 11 month booking window there and than 7 months else where.

If down the road you buy another 50 point resale at BWV, that is your "2nd home:" and you have the 11 month window there.

If you buy more than one contract, try for the same use year. It makes your figuring easier and has some slight banking advantage at the 6 or 3 month point.

Good luck
Sandy

Your home resort will be both. If you plan on making reservations at the 11 month window at one of your home resort, you can only use points banked, current use year, or borrowed that is allocated for your home resort.
Another words if you have 60 pts. at OKW, at the eleven month reservation window you could have a possible total 180 points.

At the seven month window, then you can use combine points from your other home resort to make reservations.

I hope that clear as mud, it can be confusing.

Then if in the future I purchase more points at say the Boardwalk will that split my "home" resorts or will they be one or the other?

The OKW points will have OKW as their Home Resort for the 11 month privilege. The BWV will have BWV as the Home Resort for the 11 month privilege. As wahoomedic points out, there are ways to deal with the situation. At the 7 month window, the points can't automatically be combined but they can be used to make a "new" reservation for the same time period if there is availability and no wait list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter